You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 639640641642643 839>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:15pm
6 out of 7million jabs. I'd take my chances. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Johnsn &Johnson vaccine paused in America now over clots.
FFS

Frustrating news. But with so many people vaccine wary, it's very important they are extra cautious. The situation where a vaccine isn't safe could see huge numbers refusing to take any vaccines and herd immunity would not be achievable which is the nightmare situation. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 2:24pm
Quote from acting chief medical officer Ronan Glynn re: AZ for over 60s only.... ‘I would hope that on the basis..... blah blah blah.’ 
With access to hard data I’d expect a little bit more definite language than hope. He and the rest the governance heads are becoming very effin trying.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 3:01pm
J&J rollout to Europe postponed due to clotting issues similar to AZ, around 1 in 1 million 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

J&J rollout to Europe postponed due to clotting issues similar to AZ, around 1 in 1 million 
heres hoping it’s a few days pause like AZ a few weeks back and they don’t end up in a similar above a certain age scenario as AZ.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

heres hoping it’s a few days pause like AZ a few weeks back and they don’t end up in a similar above a certain age scenario as AZ.

Can't get my head around the pauses. It's such a negligible risk 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 5:22pm
I would think it’s standard precaution when rolling out vaccines.  The difference is they have the whole world screaming at them
to go full steam ahead for economical social political and mental health reasons just to name a few. It is reassuring
That they are not deviating from their process as it’s important that the proper procedures are followed.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I would think it’s standard precaution when rolling out vaccines.  The difference is they have the whole world screaming at them
to go full steam ahead for economical social political and mental health reasons just to name a few. It is reassuring
That they are not deviating from their process as it’s important that the proper procedures are followed.  
Put your rod away....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 5:35pm
Well in a sense Baldrick actually talks sense. Obviously a lot of what we're seeing at the moment is usually done behind closed doors and takes years with other vaccinations
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Put your rod away....
As annoying as it is Baldrick makes a good point
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:01pm
not stirring at all. Just how I genuinely see it.  Easy thing would be for them to bow to outside pressures which are immense.  Proper checks and balances are still needed. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Put your rod away....
There is an 80% chance that 1 person would die from developing a blood clot from taking the AZ vaccine in the next 3 months had they continued. I didn't think that merits stopping vaccinating people, slowing the roll out  risking more people catching covid and giving variants more time to develop. Other people think differently, fair enough.
Im The Gaffer View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im The Gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:08pm
It's all very well to say only one or two in a million might die from blood clots due to these vaccines, but there are around 447 million people in the EU alone, so the numbers do start to add up in real terms if this is the case.

If, say 100 people in the EU were to die from clotting due to the AZ and J&J vaccines, it's a very serious situation, because these would be real people and real deaths and it could undermine faith in vaccines in general, for all diseases. Anti-vaxxers would be able to point to a large number of real deaths.

The thing is, we're relying on these vaccines to get us out of this pandemic, which is killing a hell of a lot more people. 

I understand why NIAC have restricted the AZ vaccine because there are alternatives, but now one of the alternatives seems to have the same problem. If it comes to light that the other vaccines have similar problems, well, we're in a pickle - we would then have to ask people to take vaccines for which there is a risk - a minute, miniscule one, but a risk nonetheless. 

The risks will have to be explained in a very clear and honest manner, because it may well be the case that we are asking 7.9 billion people to take vaccines which could have a worldwide death total of 7,900 people, if everybody took them. 

I will certainly get vaccinated when the time comes.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:28pm

Put your rod away....
There is an 80% chance that 1 person would die from developing a blood clot from taking the AZ vaccine in the next 3 months had they continued. I didn't think that merits stopping vaccinating people, slowing the roll out  risking more people catching covid and giving variants more time to develop. Other people think differently, fair enough.

Yes but you tried to suggest that my bona fides were not genuine. I think it makes sense to see the extent of the risk of carrying out the vaccine programme.  There is an argument that it is more of a risk of not carrying out the programme but death by illness will always trump death by medical intervention or
Vaccine for many reasons.  

Edited by Baldrick - 13 Apr 2021 at 6:30pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:34pm

Put your rod away....

Yes but you tried to suggest that my bona fides were not genuine. I think it makes sense to see the extent of the risk of carrying out the vaccine programme.  There is an argument that it is more of a risk of not carrying out the programme but death by illness will always trump death by medical intervention or
Didnt think you were serious, mea culpa. I didn't think think that someone on this forum would be so conservative. I'm not a risk taker but absolutely fuming by this ultra cautious decision. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:18pm

Put your rod away....

Didnt think you were serious, mea culpa. I didn't think think that someone on this forum would be so conservative. I'm not a risk taker but absolutely fuming by this ultra cautious decision. 

What as conservative as many if Eminent medical experts in the world 😀 

Why would this forum not have someone who agrees with those charged with authorising these vaccines in many countries throughout world. I believe 2 or 3 then agreed with me so not that out of step at all.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:34pm

Put your rod away....

What as conservative as many if Eminent medical experts in the world 😀 

Why would this forum not have someone who agrees with those charged with authorising these vaccines in many countries throughout world. I believe 2 or 3 then agreed with me so not that out of step at all.   
Nuff said. The champions playing in a few minutes, much more important that this. Ta ra.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:58pm
Question , when you get the jab you you sign a wavier before hand ?

Sort of thing could your famliy come back and go to the courts if you died ? 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 639640641642643 839>
  Share Topic