You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 636637638639640 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lets hope there is feic all reason to get the dart or bus in only on a sporadic basis and we can work from home. Commuting Dead

Dont miss the commutes I must say.
WFH not for everyone, especially if you have kids at home. Personally I prefer to be in work, kind of realise that my commute (3.5hours) per day is my personal time free from any responsibilities. As well as that I like being in the CC, have been in the CC daily since 1976 until last March, so miss it (sneaky pints).

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 09 Apr 2021 at 2:13pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:20pm
Our Company have implemented a plan for returning to the office in September. Monday & Friday you can work from home if you want, and then in the office Tues-Thursday. That suits me pretty well and is probably the best solution IMO

I'm 10km from my office so will be cycling when we go back in. Avoid the train altogether
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Lets hope there is feic all reason to get the dart or bus in only on a sporadic basis and we can work from home. Commuting Dead

WFH not for everyone, especially if you have kids at home. Personally I prefer to be in work, kind of realise that my commute (3.5hours) per day is my personal time free from any responsibilities. As well as that I like being in the CC, have been in the CC daily since 1976 until last March, so miss it (sneaky pints).

A lad in my office drives to work from Kilkenny City to Dublin 18 and does for the same reason, it's his personal time to listen to the radio or whatever. He's allowed work from home but similar to me and loads more doesn't want to.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:53pm
Apologies when I expressed my personal preference I didn’t
take into account everyone else’s opinion and life circumstances. 

Btw kids at home here too and I would still prefer missing the commute.  That’s purely a personal preference and I don’t miss the city centre one bit, then again I don’t hate the people I live with either Tongue

Each to their own and I am sure those that want to work from their works location will be facilitated and in fact will probably be encouraged.  Lots of young people in house shares who do not have a decent setup for working from home so totally aware of the different circumstances and scenarios. 

Edited by Baldrick - 09 Apr 2021 at 2:56pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:03pm
I would hope we would be back to some sort of normality by July start of Aug at the latest
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:15pm
At a guess when do you think amateur outdoor football/sports start again?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

A lad in my office drives to work from Kilkenny City to Dublin 18 and does for the same reason, it's his personal time to listen to the radio or whatever. He's allowed work from home but similar to me and loads more doesn't want to.

Why doesn’t he sit in the car in the driveway for 45 mins and listen to the radio and save himself a fortune on petrol 😀

Edited by Baldrick - 09 Apr 2021 at 3:24pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

At a guess - by the end of June
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Why doesn’t he sit in the car in the driveway for 45 mins and listen to the radio and save himself a fortune on petrol 😀
You're just being silly now Baldy....he drives a diesel car
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Unhappy 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 5:00pm

The weekly game of 5a side is one of the things I’ve missed most.
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Cabs88 Cabs88 wrote:

Haven’t been able to play one since I was 31. You will get over it.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 5:34pm

That’s a savage commute each day. 
Where you travel from? 

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 5:43pm

Weird response! Football being back is the big one for me too. I don't see the point in it not being back as it's an outdoor pursuit but sure nothing really surprises me anymore!

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 6:23pm

Same as that. That hour of a Tuesday evening thinking Im a world beater is very badly missed.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Weird response! Football being back is the big one for me too. I don't see the point in it not being back as it's an outdoor pursuit but sure nothing really surprises me anymore!

I agree it should be back pretty soon too as it’s good for people and it’s low risk.  My point is that there is no point in being pissed off about it.  I haven’t been able to play 5 a side in about 13 years after playing it twice a week for all of my 20s.  You miss it at first but then you can move on as in real terms it’s not that important. 

I look forward to cancer screening returning and people being able to return to work and the elderly seeing their grand kids they have never seen etc.  In the hierarchy of things that’s what’s important.  5 a side is not that big but it is fun. 

Edited by Baldrick - 09 Apr 2021 at 6:37pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 6:48pm

I played my first game of 5 a side in 6 months on Wednesday night, everyone's fitness was beyond awful. The last 20 minutes of the hour were fellas walking around having no energy, even with the ball. It'll take a while to get up to speed! 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 8:53pm

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

I agree it should be back pretty soon too as it’s good for people and it’s low risk.  My point is that there is no point in being pissed off about it.  I haven’t been able to play 5 a side in about 13 years after playing it twice a week for all of my 20s.  You miss it at first but then you can move on as in real terms it’s not that important. 

I look forward to cancer screening returning and people being able to return to work and the elderly seeing their grand kids they have never seen etc.  In the hierarchy of things that’s what’s important.  5 a side is not that big but it is fun. 
LOLLOL You’re an absolute fun sponge 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 636637638639640 839>
  Share Topic