You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 417418419420421 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 4:08pm
I see the parents of the 17 year-old that was reported to have died of covid in Derry have come out and said he didn't die of covid. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

I see the parents of the 17 year-old that was reported to have died of covid in Derry have come out and said he didn't die of covid. 
They aren't in a position to say that and I don't believe that's what they have actually said but no doubt it won't stop right-wing culture warriors using them for their own cynical purposes anyway
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 6:21pm
He was suffering from Cushing syndrome.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

They aren't in a position to say that and I don't believe that's what they have actually said but no doubt it won't stop right-wing culture warriors using them for their own cynical purposes anyway

Yep, keep telling yourself it was Covid and you might even convince yourself.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

Yep, keep telling yourself it was Covid and you might even convince yourself.
It's not me that's telling people, it's the facts that are telling you

Take it up with the virus if you're offended by the facts

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:42pm

The lads father has just been on the news saying it 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Aye, heart failure which just coincidentally happened shortly after he got Covid

Jim Doherty told BBC News NI his family are devastated at the loss of their youngest child.

"These headlines are very hurting to us, that he has become a statistic of Covid-19," he said.

"I don't want him to be remembered as a statistic, as the youngest person to have died of Covid. As far as we are concerned he died of heart failure."

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 11:51pm
"Clothes are not essential", says Fine Gael's Damien English

Suppose it sort of makes sense he'd say that given that his party wear emperor's new ones 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 1:20am
I don’t think fashion clothes are essential as such but do think you can consider clothes essential. Work and school ongoing, can happen that you find yourself short and need to grab something. I know it’s not fair for some retailers but think dunnes and that should continue to be able to sell

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 Oct 2020 at 1:21am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 1:54am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I don’t think fashion clothes are essential as such but do think you can consider clothes essential. Work and school ongoing, can happen that you find yourself short and need to grab something. I know it’s not fair for some retailers but think dunnes and that should continue to be able to sell
The discussion was in relation to socks

I know the no sock look has become quite popular in some circles in recent years but I don't think many primary school children would be freezing the feet off themselves for fashion in November by choice
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 8:16am

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Aye, heart failure which just coincidentally happened shortly after he got Covid

Jim Doherty told BBC News NI his family are devastated at the loss of their youngest child.

"These headlines are very hurting to us, that he has become a statistic of Covid-19," he said.

"I don't want him to be remembered as a statistic, as the youngest person to have died of Covid. As far as we are concerned he died of heart failure."

Had tested negative for covid but maybe having it prior to that played a part in his death. Who knows
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 8:29am
If clothes aren't essential then how can you justify allowing shops to continue to sell booze? I don't want a ban on drink being sold but I'm at a loss as to how it can be considered essential. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 8:37am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

If clothes aren't essential then how can you justify allowing shops to continue to sell booze? I don't want a ban on drink being sold but I'm at a loss as to how it can be considered essential. 

The issue with booze is simple.  The impact on the health service by stopping the sale of drink is not worth the risk.   The system would not be able to deal with lots of alcoholics go through cold Turkey and end up in A&E. 

Edited by Baldrick - 30 Oct 2020 at 8:38am
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 9:00am
We're not talking about "not having socks" Sid, we're talking about "not being able to buy new socks". People can do without new socks for 6 weeks. 

Otherwise you'd have to open all sock shops, which would be pretty much all of the shopping centres, Grafton Street etc. We're on lockdown, new socks is something we can do without.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 9:24am

People can just stock up on Alcohol anyway if a ban is coming in so i would say banning/declassifying as non essential  would be pointless.

Edited by jamo1 - 30 Oct 2020 at 9:27am
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 9:28am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

People can just stock up on Alcohol anyway if a ban is coming in so i would say banning alcohol would be pointless.

Think you are missing the point.  Who cares if they stock up on alcohol as that would stop them going to
The shop which the name of the game.   

The issue is that typically the person who is addicted to drink won’t have money or maybe even a place to stock up on drink and if they go cold Turkey it will have serious impacts and knock on impacts on the health service.  

AKA pedantic kunt
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

We're not talking about "not having socks" Sid, we're talking about "not being able to buy new socks". People can do without new socks for 6 weeks. 

Otherwise you'd have to open all sock shops, which would be pretty much all of the shopping centres, Grafton Street etc. We're on lockdown, new socks is something we can do without.

Dunno about that. I go through 3 pairs of socks every month, I'd hate to be a hobbit just because I'm not allowed to buy socks !
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:03am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Dunno about that. I go through 3 pairs of socks every month, I'd hate to be a hobbit just because I'm not allowed to buy socks !

To be fair you do like a long walk so that must take its toll on your socks 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 417418419420421 839>
  Share Topic