You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Everything is wrong with the video. Literally everything.

It’s a street packed full of drinkers so huddled together they may aswell be doing a conga which has been going on since 6am this morning until midnight.

Scenes like this and the ones in Bournemouth last week where there was over 10,000 people crammed onto a small beach are going to be common occurrences.

And don’t forget infection rates were up by double in 36 different councils prior to today. 

You'd do well to remember we all don't live in England, where they've made a bollocks of it. 

Our biggest risk is our proximity to England. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 10:24am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Looking at the numbers elsewhere, we be mad to open up the country or allow our people to international travel for the rest of 2020. I know it’s killing the tourist industry but looking at the numbers in places that have allowed travellers again or didn’t lockdown long enough, the numbers are creeping back up and spiking in some places. 
Keep the virus out and we can stay out of Lockdown and keep the economy ticking over with domestic tourism and spending, that’s why I think we should all start encouraging and agreeing to.  

Well you’ll be glad to learn that the direct Dallas-Dublin service resumes thrice weekly from Tuesday; not to mention directs with other US carriers from different cities in the States and hundreds of other flights that are taking off to European countries every day.

Our only deterrent - a form with an address you say you are self isolating in for 14 daysLOL

We are being laughed on by government (see link: MEP Billy Kelleher skips quarantine after jetting in for Micheál Martin election

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mep-billy-kelleher-skips-quarantine-after-jetting-in-for-micheal-martin-election-nd3z2wvpf ) 
and it’s the hospitality industry that will inevitably suffer if and when the infection rate increases whereby we have to go back a phase. It’s all nonsense at the moment.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:13pm
Flew in yesterday. Was very surprised to see how lax it was in terms of people wearing masks. Whatever about the people flying in, even the like of the OCS staff and the airport police weren't wearing any. I may have missed it but didn't see any temperature checks going on either.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:38pm
Got my temp checked yesterday going into the boozer. Didnt check me leaving again 5 hours later mangled
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Flew in yesterday. Was very surprised to see how lax it was in terms of people wearing masks. Whatever about the people flying in, even the like of the OCS staff and the airport police weren't wearing any. I may have missed it but didn't see any temperature checks going on either.

Don’t think they’re doing temp checks. They are planning on introducing targeted testing as of this morning - assume based on the departure point.

How did it compare to the airport you arrived from?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 3:43pm
Dubai airport was very quiet, very little staff about the place. Emirates have let huge numbers go recently and you can definitely notice it. Very little assistance to people with young kids or older people while boarding, compared to what you'd normally see.

Emirates were giving out PPE packs before you checked in; mask, gloves, sanitising wipes, etc.

It was very noticeable how lax everything was in Dublin Airport, considering everything was mandatory in Dubai.

Had to provide my details for quarantining to passport control when I arrived. Have heard Liffey Medical in Smithfield are doing PCR tests with 48 hour turnaround so will try and get an appointment asap to put my mind at ease.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 8:58pm
Have there been any really second waves yet in countries that were ahead of us in the curve? Large scale as opposed to isolated incidents?

Flu season apparently is the danger zone which is 6 to 8 weeks away 

Could be a very tough Christmas :(
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 12:16pm
I saw the story online over the weekend of a boozer raided in Dublin - any idea what the boozer was?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 1:59pm
Supposedly the Clonsilla Inn was raided and closed.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:08am
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 8:59am
Yeah downloaded.

Jim Corr will be up in arms.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:26am
60k sign ups already.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:34am
Downloaded it too. Think over 150k have downloaded it now with nearly 70k people 'checking in' today
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:34am
160k according to the app itself.

What happens with this -
If you use the app you will:

be told if you have been in close contact with another app user who has tested positive for coronavirus

Sitting at home paranoid out of your mind
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

160k according to the app itself.

What happens with this -
If you use the app you will:

be told if you have been in close contact with another app user who has tested positive for coronavirus

Sitting at home paranoid out of your mind

yeah I'd say this could get very depressing very soon LOL

Every 15 mins being told you were in close contact with someone with it LOL

Edited by Gaz - 07 Jul 2020 at 9:38am
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:43am
downloaded it too. load of lads going nuts over the permissions on it on facebook. i honestly counted give a f**k. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:50am
What happens say if you get a positive result? How does that get reflected in the app?

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:58am
You get a star. 

How close is close by? Walking down one side of O'Connell street and they walk down the other or is it within 2 metres?
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 839>
  Share Topic