You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - For the love of God, remain calm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 158>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

anyone have the average monthly deaths in Ireland? At a guess I would say we have less deaths than normal, if most people are in indoors the usual causes of other deaths are massively reduced. 
This can change very fast though, I was told today that there are nine cases at St Finbarrs Hospital in Cork which is the largest care of the elderly facility in the south, I'd imagine if that spreads in there it could wipe the place out.

Unhappy
It would damage this forums' reputation
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

anyone have the average monthly deaths in Ireland? At a guess I would say we have less deaths than normal, if most people are in indoors the usual causes of other deaths are massively reduced. 
This can change very fast though, I was told today that there are nine cases at St Finbarrs Hospital in Cork which is the largest care of the elderly facility in the south, I'd imagine if that spreads in there it could wipe the place out.

Unhappy

Of the 9 who have died so far, do we have any age stats?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Only 187 new cases in the UK which I find a struggle to believe 

No way that's accurate 
numbers updated to 1,452
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:30pm
I get why governments and authorities need to use statistics to try and follow a pattern, but aren’t ordinary people getting too bogged down in them? The only one that should matter to us is deaths. There’s a large number of important factors not included in those results, like the poster above who mentioned St. Finbarr’s.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
coyne View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Only 187 new cases in the UK which I find a struggle to believe 

No way that's accurate 
numbers updated to 1,452

Still showing 187 on the gov.uk website.

It's a struggle to know which 1 is outdated LOL
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I get why governments and authorities need to use statistics to try and follow a pattern, but aren’t ordinary people getting too bogged down in them? The only one that should matter to us is deaths. There’s a large number of important factors not included in those results, like the poster above who mentioned St. Finbarr’s.
very good point.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:51pm
Yeah definitely

The chief medical officer in NI today said there are many thousand with the virus, but only 200 odd officially have tested positive 
f**k all testing going on. You have all the symptoms and are told to stay at home for two weeks and never get tested
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:55pm
Just to add to that; in the past day or so I have read articles that say studies from Oxford University mathematicians reckon half the UK population may already have been infected. This is based solely on mathematical probability based on the scientific currently available, so must be taken with a small pinch of salt, but it shows that unless everybody is tested these are just rough guidelines.

I think following Iceland’s research into this is going to be the most interesting, given they have tested a higher percentage of a small population and Nordics tend to be good at keeping calm and logical in these situations. I apologise for the horrific racial stereotype there, albeit a positive one. They reckon there are as many as forty different mutations of it and have traced a lot of them back to sources that had been to Italy, Austria and seven people who had been to the same match in England. 
I could be way off, but if I am fearful of anything it is how this thing could mutate. I will be keeping an eye on that obituaries in the Reykjavik Record.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:47pm

"This is what separates the men from the fagg*ts." Dec. Jerry Lynch
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2020/0325/1126245-applications-for-operation-covid-nation-are-now-open/

Ffs...

Yep, can see all the people whose relatives unfortunately pass away from this virus loving the name of the show. 

They really haven't thought this one through. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:09am
Wow!LOL
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:43am
https://imgur.com/tRLEntl

We look to be doing a fantastic job at the moment & hopefully we see the numbers increasing at the  same rate for another few days and then starting to slow another bit as our further measures take effect.
Here we go again
daithi View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:30am
Tin foil hat time, but does anybody think the Chinese will have to answer to the world when this pandemic passes ? The conspiracy theories are gathering but do people think there will be a global backlash for them ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:33am
Yes. Racism will be on the rise. Imagine how Italy feels toward them.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:37am
Some yanks are calling this “an act of war, 100% a bio weapon, aimed solely at US” etc etc 

Trump is constantly flip flopping between praise and racism towards the Chinese so it filters down to the rest of the idiots.

It’s on the rise in the UK with Tories doing similar to trump 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:41am
Prince Charles in self isolation with Covid19

Prince Andrew in self isolation with Susan 14
daithi View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yes. Racism will be on the rise. Imagine how Italy feels toward them.
Yes I can imagine that type of reaction from people but Im talking from National governments standpoint, will finger pointing start, will countries run with a theory that it was a planned outbreak, again just tin foil hat stuff, it will be interesting to see the standpoint of countries in the aftermath of this 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Tin foil hat time, but does anybody think the Chinese will have to answer to the world when this pandemic passes ? The conspiracy theories are gathering but do people think there will be a global backlash for them ?
No and there is an excellent article from Laura Spinney in The Guardian yesterday that shows why we are all responsible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 158>
  Share Topic