You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The world is definitely going mad. On my home tonight I saw a builder standing close to naked outside a chip shop looking for a large cod, followed by a fella walking down the road with a massive speaker on his back, definitely not portable, listening to Latin jazz. I don't know how he was powering it.
I come home and find that Robbie Savage has replaced Robbie Peston and Mick Hucknall ks trying to make himself relevant by ranking the world's cultures. All these, with the pandemic itself, have to be some sort of harbingers for the apocalypse? 

Anyway, I listened to an episode of The Stand from a week or more back earlier, it was about Sweden's handling of the crisis. Their man Tegnell is either a genius or a lunatic. I have a tendency to trust the Nordic nations on these things, but it is certainly worth following there.

I wonder did he find it
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:38pm

Anyway, I listened to an episode of The Stand from a week or more back earlier, it was about Sweden's handling of the crisis. Their man Tegnell is either a genius or a lunatic. I have a tendency to trust the Nordic nations on these things, but it is certainly worth following there.
The Swedes have lost their marbles big time.

Official figures there say just 7% of Stockholm's population have developed antibodies. That's in Stockholm, which is the epicentre of their outbreak. Compare that to Spain where the Spaniards found 11% of Madrid's population had developed antibodies.

I've been saying for yonks that this natural herd immunity drive is a crock and the figures completely bear that out. The Swedes have just thrown thousands of people under the bus for no gain whatsoever.

Their strategy should be called out for what it is - a total failure.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:40pm
17% of Londoners have it. And that's with a lockdown.
7% of 970,000 is alot better than 17% of 8.9 million.

A bigger sample size is always going to give a larger % but the math suggests herd immunity was the correct approach, they did gain something from this, they've kept their economy going unlike every other country in the world.

Edited by coyne - 21 May 2020 at 10:45pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The world is definitely going mad. On my home tonight I saw a builder standing close to naked outside a chip shop looking for a large cod
He wouldn't have found Boris Johnson in a chipper.
As much chance there as anywhere else. LOL 

The deflection today in the gutter press was exceptional, even by their own low standards. Instead of any mention of the Arcuri, ahem, affair, we were treated to headlines that Steve Coogan's production company had the temerity to take advantage of the government's furlough scheme. Obviously this earth shattering news, that has presumably been known for weeks and is hardly news, needed to be told today!
How dare a horrible lefty luvvie use a government's scheme for exactly the reason it was set-up!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 11:00pm

Official figures there say just 7% of Stockholm's population have developed antibodies. That's in Stockholm, which is the epicentre of their outbreak. Compare that to Spain where the Spaniards found 11% of Madrid's population had developed antibodies.

I've been saying for yonks that this natural herd immunity drive is a crock and the figures completely bear that out. The Swedes have just thrown thousands of people under the bus for no gain whatsoever.

What were the deaths as a percentage of the population in Stockholm and Madrid.

Those figures on their own mean sweet f**k allLOL

And as Coyne has said; the non Covid impact will be much lesser. 

You can say for yonks and forever more but you’ll still be wrong
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

What were the deaths as a percentage of the population in Stockholm and Madrid.

Those figures on their own mean sweet f**k allLOL

And as Coyne has said; the non Covid impact will be much lesser. 

You can say for yonks and forever more but you’ll still be wrong

I don't think you get it. Sweden went for herd immunity. They wanted a large percentage of their population to get the virus so that they would "get through this" quicker. But only a tiny percentage of the population has got the virus. If it's 7% in Stockholm, the national precentage is likely down around 2-3%.

But yet through that policy, they've ended up with a death rate of 384 per million - compared to Denmark's 97 per million, Finland's 55 and Norway's 43. 

So they've merely skyrocketed their death rate when they didn't have to, and they've made basically no progress towards the crock o' gold at the end of the rainbow which is herd immunity.

A double failure.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 11:38pm
You can scream failure til the fat lady sings but Sweden aren't facing a recession worse than WWI and WW2 combined, and I'd imagine general quality of life is alot better there too!

Jag ska tuttar runka will be the first words I'll be saying if I ever stepped foot in Sweden.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

You can scream failure til the fat lady sings but Sweden aren't facing a recession worse than WWI and WW2 combined, and I'd imagine general quality of life is alot better there too!

Jag ska tuttar runka will be the first words I'll be saying if I ever stepped foot in Sweden.
Sweden is facing a massive recession the same as every other country is.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:05am
The virus is going to push Argentina over the edge and they're going to have to default on their debts. The place will be chaotic.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:19am
The Argies have escaped it!
They hard locked down over a month ago before it even hit and any of their cases they do find are all in Buenos Aires so it's all contained.

Their Latin American friends however, are in deep trouble. Like, worse than Western Europe trouble.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 8:29am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

some amount of gougers out today 

Cycled out to Howth today about 5. Clunge central it was.

Fairly packed the last few times I've been out there.

There are a few pubs in South London opened for takeaway and selling pints in plastic cups near the parks.
Wandsworth common was like a festival yesterday.

With the good weather over a bank holiday there is no chance of people staying in.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:04am

But yet through that policy, they've ended up with a death rate of 384 per million - compared to Denmark's 97 per million, Finland's 55 and Norway's 43. 

I am not sure those figures are strictly comparable given the reliability of the numbers recorded and how they are recorded  however excess deaths to the norm are readily comparable and the UK (who have made a mess of it) now is probably pushing 65K in excess of normal figures - 65K in a population of 65m

Ireland it was reported as still having the average number of deaths in the period from the beginning of this . I wonder how the other countries compare on straight excess death figures
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:53am

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Sweden is facing a massive recession the same as every other country is.

And by the looks of it will be no less susceptible to a second wave than every other country. It's definitely looking like their chosen path was a whole lot more to do with their constitution not allowing the imposition of a state of emergency (and therefore the ability to actually impose a lockdown even if they wanted to) during peacetime than any real scientific basis.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:13pm
the telegraph have it in for Boris reporting this morning that govt. reporting nasal and throat swabs as 2 separate tests which totally f**ks up their figures . 

Uk, USA, Brazil and Russia are total basket cases .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:31pm
It’s pretty common knowledge already that thanks to Piers The Redeemer as linked in the video a few pages back.

Basically what they’ve done is tested 60,000 people, but then tested 40,000 of them twice to say they’ve done 100,000 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

the telegraph have it in for Boris reporting this morning that govt. reporting nasal and throat swabs as 2 separate tests which totally f**ks up their figures . 

Uk, USA, Brazil and Russia are total basket cases .

3 out of the four could all be out of power due to their mishandling of it all. Even Putin is under pressure  

It would damage this forums' reputation
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 2:32pm
Jet2 are restarting international flights from 1st July.

Now it’s upto the countries whether to impose the mandatory 14 day quarantine or not. 

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 2:52pm

The world is definitely going mad. On my home tonight I saw a builder standing close to naked outside a chip shop looking for a large cod
He wouldn't have found Boris Johnson in a chipper.
As much chance there as anywhere else. LOL 

The deflection today in the gutter press was exceptional, even by their own low standards. Instead of any mention of the Arcuri, ahem, affair, we were treated to headlines that Steve Coogan's production company had the temerity to take advantage of the government's furlough scheme. Obviously this earth shattering news, that has presumably been known for weeks and is hardly news, needed to be told today!
How dare a horrible lefty luvvie use a government's scheme for exactly the reason it was set-up!

I hope to God he named it Peartree Productions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 839>
  Share Topic