You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - football related

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 38>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 2:05am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

St J game postponed now by the government
Aberdeen you utter sockets
If ever there was a clear case for a 3-0 walk over then this is it.
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

St J game postponed now by the government
Aberdeen you utter sockets

If ever there was a clear case for a 3-0 walk over then this is it.

Which would still benefit Aberdeen
St J would take more than 3 off an Aberdeen team depleted of 8 MORE players missing, they have a suspension and an injury to a first team player too

As usual with anything football-related in Scotland, it's been handled in an atrocious manner
Precedent set at the start of the week with letting Sevco away with fielding 9 players in a friendly without having test clearance
They shouldve set a stern example but are terrified of the bigots that run Scotland

An absolute shambles all round

Compare that to the worldwide distain kalou received

Just like with Glasgow Rangers dying, I think Scotland are morbidly embarrassed by it and don't want the world to know so just continue as if nothing has happened

Edited by tonyjaa - 08 Aug 2020 at 9:28am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 7:26pm
La Liga teams Espanyol Real Mallorca and Valencia have all got players that have tested positive for covid-19 ahead of the new season.

Edited by Double Maxim - 11 Aug 2020 at 7:34pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 2:45pm
In the Bundesliga at the moment, there will be no fans before the end of October.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

In the Bundesliga at the moment, there will be no fans before the end of October.
I thought there would be reduced crowds with no away fans until the end of the year, as well as no terracing and no alcohol until the end of October?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

La Liga teams Espanyol Real Mallorca and Valencia have all got players that have tested positive for covid-19 ahead of the new season.

That's Segunda Division team Espanyol now
Danger here, OH NO
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I thought there would be reduced crowds with no away fans until the end of the year, as well as no terracing and no alcohol until the end of October?

CM77
Yes what you wrote was the outcome last week from the mtg (1BL & 2BL) .
I read on kicker related to the 3BL posted yesterday with regards 3BL
http://www.kicker.de/781643/artikel/zuschauerfrage_in_der_3_liga_keine_oberste_prioritaet_

Am Montag gab es von den Gesundheitsministern der Länder nach einer gemeinsamen Sitzung mit Bundesgesundheitsminister Jens Spahn (CDU) die klare Tendenz, dass die Bundesliga ohne Fans starten werde. Eine Teil-Rückkehr von Fans in die Stadien der 1. und 2. Bundesliga wurde vorerst bis zum 31. Oktober ausgeschlossen.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 3:30pm

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

CM77
Yes what you wrote was the outcome last week from the mtg (1BL & 2BL) .
I read on kicker related to the 3BL posted yesterday with regards 3BL

Am Montag gab es von den Gesundheitsministern der Länder nach einer gemeinsamen Sitzung mit Bundesgesundheitsminister Jens Spahn (CDU) die klare Tendenz, dass die Bundesliga ohne Fans starten werde. Eine Teil-Rückkehr von Fans in die Stadien der 1. und 2. Bundesliga wurde vorerst bis zum 31. Oktober ausgeschlossen.

Ah bollox! I had been hoping I 'might' be able to get over to Germany during the Christmas markets season and go to a game or 2 but it looks like I might as well forget about that now. CryCryCry
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 8:40pm
CM77
Even us locals are not expecting to see live football this year .
Keep an eye on the East German teams as those federal states are more likely to open up than conservative Bavaria
Our season tickets for1860 are for the terracesw are not even been considered from current reports from dfb / dfl.
Bear in mind Germany is not on the green list at the moment so my hols back home in September are looking well dodgy.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:34pm

CM77
Even us locals are not expecting to see live football this year .
Keep an eye on the East German teams as those federal states are more likely to open up than conservative Bavaria
Our season tickets for1860 are for the terracesw are not even been considered from current reports from dfb / dfl.
Bear in mind Germany is not on the green list at the moment so my hols back home in September are looking well dodgy.
Cheers BiM. When you say East German teams, does that include Berlin? That's a city I fancy seeing. 

Could be academic though, as you say, while Germany remains off the DFA Green List. Disapprove
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 10:11pm
CM77
Yes Berlin would-be included.
2 weeks quarantine would make any trip to / from Germany unlikely
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 2:45pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 11:43pm
Scotland game against the Czechs on Monday is off 

Odd how the game tonight still went ahead though 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 Sep 2020 at 11:43pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Scotland game against the Czechs on Monday is off 

Odd how the game tonight still went ahead though 

Yeah odd one though I suppose it was only a 3 hr journey from Prague to Bratislava for them. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 10:45am
It seems they all travelled in small groups by car and one car load came into contact with an official who has tested positive. I don't think they knew until last night and decided to inform UEFA that they didn't think they should travel.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 11:22am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It seems they all travelled in small groups by car and one car load came into contact with an official who has tested positive. I don't think they knew until last night and decided to inform UEFA that they didn't think they should travel.

The problem for the Czech's is that UEFA's post-COVID rules state that if there's 13 players available including a goalkeeper then the match must be started.

Unless UEFA shift stance the jocks are heading for a forfeit victory.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 11:29am
Scottish FA say the first they knew about it was the announcement from the Czechs. Had no prior consultation or notification from them

Edited by Denis Irwin - 05 Sep 2020 at 11:33am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Scottish FA say the first they knew about it was the announcement from the Czechs. Had no prior consultation or notification from them
Given that the Czechs didn't know until yesterday evening themselves it would have been impossible to tell them.
I think the Czechs have implied they are happy to forfeit the result, which is a credit to them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 38>
  Share Topic