You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - football related

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 38>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 3:01pm
Mariappa saying he doesn't understand how he caught the virus as he doesn't party rarely goes out just for a walk with his children.

Strange one.

Shows how easy it is to catch  the virus justifies Deeneys decision even more.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 7:33pm
3rd Bundesliga back in action from 30th May.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:18pm

Thumbs Up 

Fair play to Rob Elliot dontating money to the NHS eveytime he gets tested for the virus.

Edited by Double Maxim - 21 May 2020 at 10:22pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Thumbs Up 

Fair play to Rob Elliot dontating money to the NHS eveytime he gets tested for the virus.

How many has he had!?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 8:53am
”It’s sadder than dancing with your sister” Spain manager Luis Enrique on behind closed doors matches 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:13am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

”It’s sadder than dancing with your sister” Spain manager Luis Enrique on behind closed doors matches 

😂😂😂
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 2:12pm
Of Premiership clubs voicing concerns about returning, only people tested positive at clubs? Brighton, Watford and Bournmouth

now in the Championship we have Hull city, writing letters about not playing and the breaking news...........they are the only club to come back with positive results (2)

it's all very fking dodgy
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:49am
Havent watched much Bundesliga before the outbreak
Does it use VAR? No idea how it wasn't called back for Haaland's shot that hit Boatengs Arm stopping it going in?
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 10:30am
Aaron Ramsdale has tested positive. Arthur Boruc hasn't made an appearance all year so could possibly be an opening for Mark travers
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Havent watched much Bundesliga before the outbreak
Does it use VAR? No idea how it wasn't called back for Haaland's shot that hit Boatengs Arm stopping it going in?
They do use VAR in Germany but for that game, they might as well have had Stevie Wonder on duty. LOL

How that wasn't a penalty is beyond me. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 10:36am
Crazy Decision Alright
So they use VAR normally but arent in these games, or is it still being used and they just missed it?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 10:45am
I saw a video of it on Twitter and someone said that Dortmund took the resulting corner too quickly for a review; that is surely nonsense? 
It was a clear penalty, if difficult for the referee to spot.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 1:14pm
They are still using VAR in the Bundesliga. There was a late goal for Freiburg ruled offside a the weekend .

I missed that reasoning about Dortmund taking the corner too quickly - what difference does it make ? The ref can stop the game at any point (e.g injury) so if VAR tells him they are reviewing something he just has to stop the game.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

They are still using VAR in the Bundesliga. There was a late goal for Freiburg ruled offside a the weekend .

I missed that reasoning about Dortmund taking the corner too quickly - what difference does it make ? The ref can stop the game at any point (e.g injury) so if VAR tells him they are reviewing something he just has to stop the game.
That's what I think it is too, but several on Twitter were giving at as a reason. I just wanted clarification that they were mistaken.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I saw a video of it on Twitter and someone said that Dortmund took the resulting corner too quickly for a review; that is surely nonsense? 
It was a clear penalty, if difficult for the referee to spot.

But defenders are allowed to get away with handballs in the box in your opinion. 

If Dortmund want to make a big deal out of it, then they can count their stars that they didn't concede a penalty in the last minute, for what to me was a blatant push in the back. Hansi Flick didn't like it either. Leipzig should go second in the table now, assuming they can overcome the bout of homesickness sweeping through the league. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 9:36am
Anyone else finding the football-urge subsiding? First few weeks of lockdown I was at a bit of a loose end with nothing on TV on Wed nights, weekends etc, was watching old games and old podcasts for a listen, but I think I've kinda got used to it now.

I'm sure I'll fall back into the football habit once its back but definitely not missing it like I used to.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 9:42am
Wouldn't have thought that would have stopped a review being conducted but not 100% on the rules for that

Had the tin foil hat on that if half the season was played under VAR rules but it wasn't used in the second part of the season, would that lead to complaints made by teams that the rules were changed and the season could be declared null and void
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Anyone else finding the football-urge subsiding? First few weeks of lockdown I was at a bit of a loose end with nothing on TV on Wed nights, weekends etc, was watching old games and old podcasts for a listen, but I think I've kinda got used to it now.

I'm sure I'll fall back into the football habit once its back but definitely not missing it like I used to.
I love football more than I ever have right now! I'm reading books, magazines and listening to podcasts about it, as well as documentaries and watching old matches and highlights. I hope it never comes back so I can keep enjoying it!
I can't wait for Abu Dhabi vs Saudi Arabia at the Etihad between two half-paced sides of pampered ****s in front of people more worried about the queue at Domino's, telling anyone who will listen that journalists in the Middle East deserve to die, before wishing it on Conn and Delaney. Then the game itself running forty minutes over due to VAR, because the football is so important nothing can ever be wrong!!! Then a team of 47 pundits discussing that decision in more detail than a military strategist ever discussed Vietnam.

Still, I miss going to games!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 38>
  Share Topic