You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - football related

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 38>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Fifa are uploading a classic game every day on their YouTube, Spain/Netherlands from 2014 on today.

A “historic football club” was suggested to me earlier. Like a book club. You pick a match from the past, watch it in full (or extended highlights) and discuss it afterward with a retrospective perspective. I like the idea, and would be up for it here. I’ve been watching so much historic footage, I’d like a discussion point.

Not sure if you listen to OTB am Het but every Thursday or Friday they do a "Classic Games Club" where 3 of them will review a famous game of a particular sport and then they discuss a range of topics during the hour.

Their review of the Highbury Tunnel game was very good. On Thursday's show, they covered the Celtic 6-2 Rangers game.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:18am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Fifa are uploading a classic game every day on their YouTube, Spain/Netherlands from 2014 on today.

A “historic football club” was suggested to me earlier. Like a book club. You pick a match from the past, watch it in full (or extended highlights) and discuss it afterward with a retrospective perspective. I like the idea, and would be up for it here. I’ve been watching so much historic footage, I’d like a discussion point.

Not sure if you listen to OTB am Het but every Thursday or Friday they do a "Classic Games Club" where 3 of them will review a famous game of a particular sport and then they discuss a range of topics during the hour.

Their review of the Highbury Tunnel game was very good. On Thursday's show, they covered the Celtic 6-2 Rangers game.

I’ve actually never listened to it! But will definitely tune in for something like that. Thanks for the recommendation.

I watched a bit of the 2014 game, and noticed the first half was very similar to the 2010 Final. The Dutch were very cynical and the Spanish had most of the game. The Van Persie header was such a quality header and a total game changer.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:47pm
What game are fifa showing today?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I have Sky Sports and find the football documentaries and those Gary Neville's Soccerbox much better than the actual games!

If anyone hasn't seen it I found Neville's soccerbox with Dimitar Berbatov hilarious and weel worth a watch
Surprised they don't push Soccerbox more. It's very good
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

What game are fifa showing today?
Womens game, USA V England from last year
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:16pm
In Sport on TV, Sky Sports have a virtual Grand Prix to replace the real Grand Prix. Today was supposed to be the Bahrain Grand Prix so they have a load of pundits in analysing a mix of ex-drivers and celebs playing a computer game of the circuit.

Ian Poulter, Liam Payne (One Direction) and Chris Hoy the only celebs I recognise
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 12:01pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/21/brora-rangers-highland-league-champions-coronavirus-pandemic

I read about that yesterday. It seems things were fairly straightforward there, I don’t think that’s feasible or fair elsewhere. It might be ok to give teams titles that are virtually won, but what about promotion and relegation? Most leagues will have to be played to a conclusion, unless all issues of importance are as good as decided.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 12:27pm
All leagues should be finished, ideally by Christmas. 

Then the following season is only a half season games,  - only playing each team once, even split of home and away games and it's luck of the draw if you get your harder games at home. 

As for Europeean competition they can be creative, and anway that will only affect a small number of teams across all the European leagues, they will of course moan the loudest
It would damage this forums' reputation
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:12am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:22am
There was a good review of the '82 World Cup by OTB on Saturday. Available as a podcast.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:31am
Pep Guardiolia has donated  1m euros to aid the coronavirus crisis in Spain. Clap

Edited by Double Maxim - 25 Mar 2020 at 1:34am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 6:43am
Lewandowski donated 1 million of his own money too apparently.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:20am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Lewandowski donated 1 million of his own money too apparently.
 Thumbs Up
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Pep Guardiolia has donated  1m euros to aid the coronavirus crisis in Spain. Clap
Relative, a bit like most of us here donating between 10 and a hundred, but fair plaThumbs Upy
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:21am
Watford are making Vicarage Rd available to NHS staff.

Edited by Double Maxim - 26 Mar 2020 at 6:21am
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:47am

Jaysus are Watford that bad
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Jaysus are Watford that bad
 Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 38>
  Share Topic