You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 80>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

Anyone know what the craic is with the club shop? Is it all online now after the fire in Douglas?? 
Elverys used to sell the jerseys in town for cheaper.
Sponsored Links

Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 7:50am
Ya i got the yellow and black third jersey there for 50 when it had only just been released a few years back - I think they made a mistake in elverys though in fairness. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 7:56am
Eoghan Stokes moves to Airdrie in Scottish League One.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 3:04pm
Why did the Foras Trust twitter account post the words sinking ship last night then quickly delete it? 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Why did the Foras Trust twitter account post the words sinking ship last night then quickly delete it? 
It was in response to Daire O'Connor walking out on the club. Looked like he was jumping from a sinking ship before it was sunk, walking out on the club before it was relegated
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 5:03pm
Also, the vote for the sale of the club to Preston owners is happening 28th October
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Also, the vote for the sale of the club to Preston owners is happening 28th October
Sale for €1. Absolute madness, I’m not surprised theirs dissent in the camp 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 5:25pm
How has it gone so bad for Cork?

Is there any other league where champions found themselves relegated a couple of years later?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

How has it gone so bad for Cork?

Is there any other league where champions found themselves relegated a couple of years later?

Blackburn. League Champions in 95 relegated in 99
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 5:35pm
Why does the city of Cork seen incapable of maintaining a football club for a decent period of time?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 5:50pm
And they are in one of the better positions to it. Big population and only really 1 club. Can you count Cobh Ramblers. Everything going for them and had big crowds for a good few seasons there. Cleary the people running the club havent a notion what they are doing.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 5:58pm
Manchester City were relegated as champions in the '30s.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 6:32pm
Pay big wages that can't be sustained. Big Wages didn't equal Big Performances 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 7:32pm
They weren't a likeable team under Caulfield but it's sad to see how far they've fallen. Just seems to be a vicious circle. The league needs as many strong regional teams to make it as competitive as possible. If a football mad city like Cork struggle, then what hope is there for other towns/cities.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

They weren't a likeable team under Caulfield but it's sad to see how far they've fallen. Just seems to be a vicious circle. The league needs as many strong regional teams to make it as competitive as possible. If a football mad city like Cork struggle, then what hope is there for other towns/cities.
It must have become football mad very recently!LOL
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 7:37pm

If a football mad city like Cork
I wouldn't be too sure about that. 

A part of the problem is fundraising. The club will never make money the way Sligo does. The local hurling clubs are peoples' priority.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 7:41pm
Am I over-estimating its popularity in Cork? I know it's a big county and has a lot of competition from the GAA but I always would have thought that football was very popular in the city?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

If a football mad city like Cork
I wouldn't be too sure about that. 

A part of the problem is fundraising. The club will never make money the way Sligo does. The local hurling clubs are peoples' priority.

Maybe I have over-estimated so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 80>
  Share Topic