You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 80>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

I will definitely vote no to any deal selling more than 49% We should be working to improve the model as opposed to just abandoning it altogether. FORAS has been too much of a secret society for too long. I would hope we can move more towards a direct democracy model with trustees being more involved in the key decisions being taken. Barely gone ten years of fan ownership and lads are willing to give up when Bohs have managed it for 130 years Dead That’s discounting the fact that selling at our lowest point in 7 years is absolutely shocking business and only suits the vultures. This reminds me of the GUST vote to sell to some unnamed saudis. Time to get our act together and get back to building a club we can be proud of.

In an ideal world, I'd love to see the fans stay in control, but right now, I'm very much fearing for the club's future and I just want to see the club safe.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Sponsored Links

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

I will definitely vote no to any deal selling more than 49% We should be working to improve the model as opposed to just abandoning it altogether. FORAS has been too much of a secret society for too long. I would hope we can move more towards a direct democracy model with trustees being more involved in the key decisions being taken. Barely gone ten years of fan ownership and lads are willing to give up when Bohs have managed it for 130 years Dead That’s discounting the fact that selling at our lowest point in 7 years is absolutely shocking business and only suits the vultures. This reminds me of the GUST vote to sell to some unnamed saudis. Time to get our act together and get back to building a club we can be proud of.

In an ideal world, I'd love to see the fans stay in control, but right now, I'm very much fearing for the club's future and I just want to see the club safe.

In an 'ideal' world ... football clubs arent ideal. First sign of trouble or the thoughts of hard work and ye want off the ship. Too easy to say 'Im not interested in owning the club' and just sell it on. No stomach for the fight more like. 
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

In an 'ideal' world ... football clubs arent ideal. First sign of trouble or the thoughts of hard work and ye want off the ship. Too easy to say 'Im not interested in owning the club' and just sell it on. No stomach for the fight more like. 

That really is not the issue. As I have said I would love Cork City to remain fan owned. The issue is the size of the situation and whether it is simply eyond the capabilities of the fans to bring everything back under control. 
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Unfortunately, recent events have shown that fan ownership can fail if the right people aren't in charge. Current BOM deserve a serious amount of credit for their handling of the situation.

On the pitch, well deserved win for Dundalk, we were very poor. Huge match on Friday.
But are many of the current BOM not the very people who over spent and threw money around like confetti?

No, the vast majority of the current board were elected last January.
Sorry now but they were elected last January and oversaw a year of splurging on private planes to and from European games, not to mention including in their budget a run in Europe?

Just last week I see they all have suits for every home game courtesy of Suits Cork...theres no way that lad sponsored in excess of 30 free suits, i'd imagine there was a cost involved there for City aswell. I'd be marking that off straight away as an unnecessary purchase and something they can go without. Even more so considering 24 hours previous they were hours from going out of business?

I'm also aware of the way they approached some of the long term sponsors of the club in the last 6 months and I can see exactly why those sponsors are now no longer involved with the club.

From everything I've been made aware the last few weeks, that board are as much to blame as anyone else in all this.  
As a Foras member, it is 100% the last board of management's fault. They still to this day will not cooperate.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 7:54pm

Unfortunately, recent events have shown that fan ownership can fail if the right people aren't in charge. Current BOM deserve a serious amount of credit for their handling of the situation.

On the pitch, well deserved win for Dundalk, we were very poor. Huge match on Friday.
But are many of the current BOM not the very people who over spent and threw money around like confetti?

No, the vast majority of the current board were elected last January.
Sorry now but they were elected last January and oversaw a year of splurging on private planes to and from European games, not to mention including in their budget a run in Europe?

Just last week I see they all have suits for every home game courtesy of Suits Cork...theres no way that lad sponsored in excess of 30 free suits, i'd imagine there was a cost involved there for City aswell. I'd be marking that off straight away as an unnecessary purchase and something they can go without. Even more so considering 24 hours previous they were hours from going out of business?

I'm also aware of the way they approached some of the long term sponsors of the club in the last 6 months and I can see exactly why those sponsors are now no longer involved with the club.

From everything I've been made aware the last few weeks, that board are as much to blame as anyone else in all this.  

The budget for the 2019 season was signed off towards the end of the 2018 season by the previous BOM, this season's budget was the first one done by the current BOM.

I honestly can't say much about the suits, I don't know anything about the details of the agreement, but I'd lean in agreement with you that it was unnecessary given the club's financial situation.

Regarding sponsors, I've heard that some of the deals made very little financial sense for the club, and given that Brian Lennox himself has said that businesses in Cork have little interest in supporting the club financially, this doesn't surprise me.
I know of at least 3 business' who were approached about their annual renewal for sponsorships and walked away after the BOM insisted they double what they paid in previous years.
I know of another who made an annual donation of 5k and in lieu asked for nothing in return, they did it purely out of goodwill toward the club and when approached by the powers that be this year they were told the club didn't want the 5k this year and would only accept 10k!!.........as a result they got 0!

From the outside looking in. I think a BOM with only 6 people on it at a football is asking for trouble. Thats a hell of a lot of work and responsibility to fall on such a small numbers shoulders.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 25 Feb 2020 at 8:00pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:40pm

From the outside looking in. I think a BOM with only 6 people on it at a football is asking for trouble. Thats a hell of a lot of work and responsibility to fall on such a small numbers shoulders.
They've been begging people to get involved, folks either won't because of (a) the click that formed with the last board or (b) the time commitment requested from potential bom members
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 5:41pm
Good performance last night? Badly needed 3 points
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Good performance last night? Badly needed 3 points
Battling performance at least. Bad injury to the keeper, City players sounded a little upset by the FH players reactions, sounds like it was the extra kick the City players needed to go on and win it. 

City are 100% in a relegation fight but important we keep the likes of Harps within touching distance
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 8:29am
What was the craic with the disallowed goal? 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 10:32am
[QUOTE=Reillers88]What was the craic with the disallowed goal? [/QUOTE
Foul on the keeper. Assistant Referee made the decision.]
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 12:53pm
Yeah, keeper spilled a shot, got down on top of it and at the same second a FH player slid into the keeper. Keeper was karted away on a stretcher, while FH players argued with the ref a few feet away. Not one FH player checked on the keeper. Came across as bad form to those in attendance.

Looked a 50/50 as to whether or not the keeper had it
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 5:14pm
right decision was made eventually but why the f**k did it take 3 odd minutes to overturn. Ref and linesman incurred the wrath of both sets of fans...if he hadn't have been injured the goal would likely have stood which isn't right. Glad to hear Bossin is out of hospital.. game totally changed after as it gave cork a kick up the backside and deflated us. Got the crowd more involved too. That Dalling lad looks good
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:49pm
I see City are looking to sell naming rights to the stadium. How many stadiums in LOI have gone this route? Longford and Drogheda are the two that spring to mind. Any idea why others haven't tried?
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I see City are looking to sell naming rights to the stadium. How many stadiums in LOI have gone this route? Longford and Drogheda are the two that spring to mind. Any idea why others haven't tried?
We don't own the ground so can we do it?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I'd imagine as Anchor tenants Cork would be the ones bringing in the sponsorship money, I can't see the ground name being worth anything with Cork playing there.I'm sure the MFA will agree to it and probably get a cut, they more than likely have already discussed it

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

We can put whatever we want on the tickets, over the PA, on the Program etc. If the MFA are having their MSL games there it can still be Turners Cross.
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 7:38pm
Anyone know what the craic is with the club shop? Is it all online now after the fire in Douglas?? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

Anyone know what the craic is with the club shop? Is it all online now after the fire in Douglas?? 
Yeah, at the Foras AGM sounded like they were able to make good sales without a physical shop so not sure they'll go back to the Douglas shop when it reopens. Sounds like they'll take out popup locations at times like Christmas.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 80>
  Share Topic