You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 80>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 9:43am
Jesus lads I didn't see any of that last night but that is woeful! Didn't think Cork could get relegated but that's an ominous result. 
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:14am
looking forward to heading to turner's cross on Friday. A big game already. A positive result for us Monday and here and we can dare to dreamLOL
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 4:20pm

Thought the whole point of fan ownership was to prevent the whole "Europe or bust" scenarios, seems like the fan owned langers went and did it anyway

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 4:26pm
Ridsdale involved I see what could possibly go wrong 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 7:13pm
A goldfish in the boardroom is inspirational
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 10:45pm
going to be a long season for them based on tonight

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

going to be a long season for them based on tonight
6 pointer against Harps.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 11:11pm
Unfortunately, recent events have shown that fan ownership can fail if the right people aren't in charge. Current BOM deserve a serious amount of credit for their handling of the situation.

On the pitch, well deserved win for Dundalk, we were very poor. Huge match on Friday.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:12am
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Unfortunately, recent events have shown that fan ownership can fail if the right people aren't in charge. Current BOM deserve a serious amount of credit for their handling of the situation.

On the pitch, well deserved win for Dundalk, we were very poor. Huge match on Friday.
But are many of the current BOM not the very people who over spent and threw money around like confetti?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 10:09am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

But are many of the current BOM not the very people who over spent and threw money around like confetti?

No, the vast majority of the current board were elected last January.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 1:44pm

How much of an appetite is there to keep with a fan owned club. Fine and dandy running the club when times are good but completely different when the hard times are coming fast. Is selling to Preston owner going to be considered. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 25 Feb 2020 at 1:45pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 2:57pm

Sorry now but they were elected last January and oversaw a year of splurging on private planes to and from European games, not to mention including in their budget a run in Europe?

Just last week I see they all have suits for every home game courtesy of Suits Cork...theres no way that lad sponsored in excess of 30 free suits, i'd imagine there was a cost involved there for City aswell. I'd be marking that off straight away as an unnecessary purchase and something they can go without. Even more so considering 24 hours previous they were hours from going out of business?

I'm also aware of the way they approached some of the long term sponsors of the club in the last 6 months and I can see exactly why those sponsors are now no longer involved with the club.

From everything I've been made aware the last few weeks, that board are as much to blame as anyone else in all this.  

Edited by ShamtheRam - 25 Feb 2020 at 3:00pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 3:20pm
The 2019 budget was done by the previous board. 

They only had one away trip in 2019 - to Luxembourg, can't imagine there's a huge difference between the logistics/cost of a private plane versus whatever the closest way to fly there would have been.

I've seen the accounts - there's no sign of suits listed there.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

How much of an appetite is there to keep with a fan owned club. Fine and dandy running the club when times are good but completely different when the hard times are coming fast. Is selling to Preston owner going to be considered. 
Think most of us that have remembered the Tom Coughlan days would be slow to go back to one owner. Sounds like we were very close to going bust last year tho, so you'd take it over that obviously. Hopefully they can find a solution as fan-owned
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 3:23pm
To be honest, day-to-day, I don't see much difference with who owns the club. It's not something you think about much. I know some people love the idea of "we're fan owned" and wear it as a badge of honour, but it's the team I care about more. I know people closer to the club love it though. 

An idiot fan-owned board can bankrupt a club just as quick as an idiot private owner can in the end of the day.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 3:50pm

Sorry now but they were elected last January and oversaw a year of splurging on private planes to and from European games, not to mention including in their budget a run in Europe?

Just last week I see they all have suits for every home game courtesy of Suits Cork...theres no way that lad sponsored in excess of 30 free suits, i'd imagine there was a cost involved there for City aswell. I'd be marking that off straight away as an unnecessary purchase and something they can go without. Even more so considering 24 hours previous they were hours from going out of business?

I'm also aware of the way they approached some of the long term sponsors of the club in the last 6 months and I can see exactly why those sponsors are now no longer involved with the club.

From everything I've been made aware the last few weeks, that board are as much to blame as anyone else in all this.  

The budget for the 2019 season was signed off towards the end of the 2018 season by the previous BOM, this season's budget was the first one done by the current BOM.

I honestly can't say much about the suits, I don't know anything about the details of the agreement, but I'd lean in agreement with you that it was unnecessary given the club's financial situation.

Regarding sponsors, I've heard that some of the deals made very little financial sense for the club, and given that Brian Lennox himself has said that businesses in Cork have little interest in supporting the club financially, this doesn't surprise me.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Personally, I'd be fully in favour of selling the club, and I have a FORAS membership. This wouldn't be the end of FORAS as well. Like Shedite said above, some people are enamoured with the idea of "owning" the club, but I care about the club, not whether I own the club or not. If securing financial stability of the club means handing over the reins to someone else, then so be it.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 4:09pm
I will definitely vote no to any deal selling more than 49% We should be working to improve the model as opposed to just abandoning it altogether. FORAS has been too much of a secret society for too long. I would hope we can move more towards a direct democracy model with trustees being more involved in the key decisions being taken. Barely gone ten years of fan ownership and lads are willing to give up when Bohs have managed it for 130 years Dead That’s discounting the fact that selling at our lowest point in 7 years is absolutely shocking business and only suits the vultures. This reminds me of the GUST vote to sell to some unnamed saudis. Time to get our act together and get back to building a club we can be proud of.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 80>
  Share Topic