You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 80>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:17pm
Good night all round for City. Started off well, then let Bohs really come back into it, and were probably lucky to go in at half time level. Second half was much better, and Cummins' goal seemed to demotivate Bohs. Results elsewhere will surely have been a boost, I'm really looking forward to Friday Clap

On a side note, Watts was excellent for Bohs tonight, a really classy footballer.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Good night all round for City. Started off well, then let Bohs really come back into it, and were probably lucky to go in at half time level. Second half was much better, and Cummins' goal seemed to demotivate Bohs. Results elsewhere will surely have been a boost, I'm really looking forward to Friday Clap

On a side note, Watts was excellent for Bohs tonight, a really classy footballer.
You were 1 up at HT, standard first half procedure for Bohs at home. Bohs were the better side first half, but slight tactical changes and tiredness from the 3 games in 7 days meant Cork were in control second half. 
Very efficient performance from Cork without impressing 

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 8:23am
3matches a week is just too much for our lot, no recovery time when the players are working as well as playing. We were v good first half but leggy and out of it second, credit to city for taking their chances second was beatifully finished, and caulfields tactical switches at ht worked well. We’re in a league with Sligo, limerick and bray, the next tier is Waterford shams and pats, and then there’s yourselves Dundalk and Derry looking to be pulling away. Interesting battles at the top and bottom this season if we can take anything from the top 3 it will be a bonus. City look a very decent side though I’d have you just behind Dundalk from what I’ve seen of both.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

You were 1 up at HT, standard first half procedure for Bohs at home. Bohs were the better side first half, but slight tactical changes and tiredness from the 3 games in 7 days meant Cork were in control second half. 
Very efficient performance from Cork without impressing 

Sorry, I meant that we were lucky not to go in level, no idea why I said that! 😅

Your last point has summed up City so far this season. Some City fans are saying that we've been getting lucky in matches, but you only get lucky once, maybe twice. We must be doing something right, but some of the performances are concerning, it must be said. On the other hand, results are everything in football, so as long as we keep winning, I don't mind too much. Right now, City remind me of Mourinho's Chelsea in the second half of the 14/15 season.

Edited by adineen98 - 21 Apr 2018 at 10:24am
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 7:36am
Last night's game a terrible watch from the perspective that we were meant to be watching the two best teams in the country. The way City set up in the first half was embarrassing to say the least. Hoof ball up to Graham Cummins all the time. Dundalk in comparison had no Plan B. Could not create chances due to the city defence shape and lead to a poor quality viewing .  
Brian Kerr summed it up when he struggled to pick a man of the match  

Edited by ShamtheRam - 28 Apr 2018 at 7:37am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:09am
Playing poorly and winning makes it all the more sweeter, then again that's just what we've been doing so far this season. Saw Kenny's interview at full time when I got home, hilarious seeing him trying to think of excuses. 
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:24am

Playing poorly and winning makes it all the more sweeter, then again that's just what we've been doing so far this season. Saw Kenny's interview at full time when I got home, hilarious seeing him trying to think of excuses. 

Have you ever listened to a Kenny interview before? He always pauses thinks about what he’s gonna say before answering. Didn’t think anything he said wasn’t true to be honest 
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Have you ever listened to a Kenny interview before? He always pauses thinks about what he’s gonna say before answering. Didn’t think anything he said wasn’t true to be honest 
His voice would make your ears bleed!
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

His voice would make your ears bleed!

Simple solution if that’s happening to you, Don’t listen 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:37pm
Believe me, I don't!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:13pm
Wi-Fi must be down in Cambridge tonight....koh
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:19pm
LOL
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Wi-Fi must be down in Cambridge tonight....koh
Wi-fi fine, thanks though.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:23pm
Fair play to Shams, was listening to radio commentary, sounds like City didn't turn up at all. The away form must improve, City won't be winning any trophies this season if the away form remains as inconsistent as it currently is.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:55pm
Footballs a great game 

How happy we are tonight compared to Friday 

Plenty of twists and turns to come, both of us will lose games unlike previous years 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:08am
City haven't been anywhere near the performance levels of last season. We've been lucky to get so many results to start the season because the performances have been muck.

Completely new back 4 is gonna take time to settle, and we can't seem to figure out what we're doing up front. Sadlier is having no luck, and McNamee looks lost out wide. 
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:07pm
(If Sports Journalism get stuff wrong about things a fan might know about, Sports Journalism will get stuff wrong about stuff a fan may not know about.)

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/what-you-need-to-know-about-pompey-s-pre-season-opponents-cork-city-1-8483834

" European history In the 19991-92 campaign, the Rebel Army qualified for the first round of the Uefa Cup and met Bayern Munich. They held the German giants to a famous 1-1 draw at Turners Cross in the first leg before suffering a 2-0 defeat at the Olympiastadion."

Musgrave Park and £20.00 into the Stand are forgotten histories.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 6:30pm
Routine win this afternoon, City never really got out of second gear. The most important thing is the 3 points, particularly after last night's results.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 8:43am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 80>
  Share Topic