You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 80>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

4 games for Beattie, 3 games for Buckley, 1 game for Caulfield.

Seems fair to me.
3 for Caulfield would’ve been fair. 

Yeah I think 1 was going too easy on him. He wouldn't have been pushed to the ground if he hadn't entered the field of play and the whole thing wouldn't have kicked off.
Sponsored Links

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:55pm
Confused

It's quite clear from the footage of the match that this all started at the Waterford bench. They didn't give the ball back, and when they finally did, Hery knocked it out of Griffin's hands and tried to dribble away with it. Aborrah was even challenging Griffin before Hery started ffs. Put your dislike for Caulfield aside and actually try and understand what was going on.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 5:05pm
If anyone got off lightly it was Buckley, Caulfield went to get the ball and was backing away when Hery decided to give him a push. People saying JC "kicked" Hery would make ya laugh.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:00pm
Caulfield received the same as Reynolds Confused Caulfield stays off the pitch, doesn’t swing a leg for the ball then who knows what follows. 
The rest I don’t have a problem with, on either side 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:46pm

Caulfield received the same as Reynolds Confused Caulfield stays off the pitch, doesn’t swing a leg for the ball then who knows what follows. 

Swing a leg LOL Aborrah had already lashed out at Griffin when he was trying to retrieve the ball from the dugout. Caulfield goes to get it, Hery gets in the way and decides to play big man pushing over a retreating man in his fifties. You'd swear Caulfield came in flying the way lads be talking. He clearly gets taken by surprise when Hery gets in the way and backs away. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Swing a leg LOL Aborrah had already lashed out at Griffin when he was trying to retrieve the ball from the dugout. Caulfield goes to get it, Hery gets in the way and decides to play big man pushing over a retreating man in his fifties. You'd swear Caulfield came in flying the way lads be talking. He clearly gets taken by surprise when Hery gets in the way and backs away. 
Swung a leg at the ball is what I said. And it’s what he did. 
Is Reynolds ban fair? Same as Caulfield 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:06pm

Swung a leg at the ball is what I said. And it’s what he did. 
Is Reynolds ban fair? Same as Caulfield 

From the video I would have been happy enough with no further action again Reynolds. I can only guess that he was on of the ones stopping the return of the ball from the dugout. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:47pm
that's great, you can now leave the bench, run on to the pitch, kick an opposing player and get a one game ban, you would think the fai are encouraging people to do this again

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:38pm
Well that's a very poor description of what actually happened considering this all started with Waterford's time wasting. 

I must note however, Dundalk fans seem to be taking this one very personally, which is highly amusing considering this has nothing to do with them. It's almost as if they're obsessed with City. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:43pm
6 red cards was always going to people talking, no matter who you support.

How much difference will it make to Cork not having their manager on the sideline? Very little I would imagine.

But the notion that a manger can run onto the field, end up kicking a player, and only get a one game ban is laughable

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:48pm

Well that's a very poor description of what actually happened considering this all started with Waterford's time wasting. 

I must note however, Dundalk fans seem to be taking this one very personally, which is highly amusing considering this has nothing to do with them. It's almost as if they're obsessed with City. 
Who’s all the Dundalk fans you’re on about, you’ve a Bohs, Pats & 1 Dundalk fan here questioning it. 
As I said I’m not trying to make a bigger issue out of what Caulfield did but to punish him the same as Reynolds is just silly 

Edited by 9fingers - 13 Apr 2018 at 12:48pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

How much difference will it make to Cork not having their manager on the sideline? Very little I would imagine.

But the notion that a manger can run onto the field, end up kicking a player, and only get a one game ban is laughable

This is getting a bit repetitive now. The ball was out of play and Waterford were taking the piss. JC goes to get the ball to get the show moving and Hery gets in the way. He then retreats and Hery gives him a push. That is the entire summary of JC's part in the incident. 
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 1:14pm

Who’s all the Dundalk fans you’re on about, you’ve a Bohs, Pats & 1 Dundalk fan here questioning it. 
As I said I’m not trying to make a bigger issue out of what Caulfield did but to punish him the same as Reynolds is just silly 

I'm referring to social media, go onto any of the LoI fan pages on Facebook and you'll see it's mainly Dundalk fans (outside of the Waterford fans) taking the anti-Caulfield stance. 

For what is worth, I'm a bit unsure of what Reynolds did himself, I can only assume the referee sent him off and noted in his report that while had a role to play, it wasn't a large one. 
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 1:24pm
As an aside it was disturbing to see a racist comment pertaining to the debate on the City v Waterford game on this thread.
Thankfully it was only one individual & this racist comment was swiftly removed.
On the plus side I’ve found the vast majority of Cork fans either here or elsewhere passionate & opinionated-the same as most LOI fans.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 1:57pm

This is getting a bit repetitive now. The ball was out of play and Waterford were taking the piss. JC goes to get the ball to get the show moving and Hery gets in the way. He then retreats and Hery gives him a push. That is the entire summary of JC's part in the incident. 

you call it getting the ball back, but he did end up kicking him

I don't see how you can deny that!! and that is what led to the reaction

Edited by Shoco - 13 Apr 2018 at 1:58pm

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 2:09pm

I had a feeling that picture would make an appearance in this thread. 

Anyway I've already said why I think he only got one. Everyone I've spoken to who doesn't have a reason to wish ill on City seems to agree as apparently do the FAI which is why Waterford received heavier bans than City. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

As an aside it was disturbing to see a racist comment pertaining to the debate on the City v Waterford game on this thread.
Thankfully it was only one individual & this racist comment was swiftly removed.
On the plus side I’ve found the vast majority of Cork fans either here or elsewhere passionate & opinionated-the same as most LOI fans.

Probably the same langer who keeps bringing the Dixie flag to matches where Akinade is in opposition Angry 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 2:21pm

I had a feeling that picture would make an appearance in this thread. 

Anyway I've already said why I think he only got one. Everyone I've spoken to who doesn't have a reason to wish ill on City seems to agree as apparently do the FAI which is why Waterford received heavier bans than City. 

And I've said why I think he should have got more, and I believe that picture backs my opinion up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 80>
  Share Topic