You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Copenhagen Meetup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copenhagen Meetup
    Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:05pm
Well folks, any knowledge of where would be a good spot to meet up in Copenhagen?
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:07pm

Where's the cheapest pint in Copenhagen city? Finding that would be a good start
El Puto Amo
bear View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:47pm
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Where's the cheapest pint in Copenhagen city? Finding that would be a good start

Christiania! Way more Freedom outside of silly EU regulations too - kind of feels like the UK in there
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Christiania! Way more Freedom outside of silly EU regulations too - kind of feels like the UK in there

It seems to be a pretty small spot. Would it handle (Or want to deal with) 1000 pissheads singing about their wish for a team of Gary Breens? 
El Puto Amo
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:24pm

Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

It seems to be a pretty small spot. Would it handle (Or want to deal with) 1000 pissheads singing about their wish for a team of Gary Breens? 

Hippy commune. Not sure how they'd feel about it to be honest. Heavily policed too now that they chased all the drugs out of it
Danger here, OH NO
PanamaHat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaHat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:33pm
Second that.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:27am
I think as a once off world cup qualifier they will embrace it. If this 2 day bender was to happen every week then yes they'd crack down on it but it could be 10 years before it happens again.

Cardiff police wouldn't put up with any sh*t on a regular night out but they were very friendly and worked well with us there.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:25am
It will be cold and most likely wet in November so doubt there will be many outside drinking cans.
Average temp in Novemeber is around 5°C fairly miserable to be standing around outside.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

It will be cold and most likely wet in November so doubt there will be many outside drinking cans.
Average temp in Novemeber is around 5°C fairly miserable to be standing around outside.

I don't know, plenty were standing around outside in Vienna. I'm going to bring the GAA gloves with me. Keep the cold out and not too heavy so you can get a decent grip of your pint/can. A decent jacket and you're good to go for outdoor drinking
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:17am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I don't know, plenty were standing around outside in Vienna. I'm going to bring the GAA gloves with me. Keep the cold out and not too heavy so you can get a decent grip of your pint/can. A decent jacket and you're good to go for outdoor drinking

Just picturing Wallsey walking around in a pair if Mikaskas !

Must remember to being my own gloves this time. Patman kindly gave me a lend of a pair in Vienna which I swiftly then list !
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:18am
Ye'd hardly need gloves if it's 5 degrees???
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:47am
The weather will keep the cans cold. 
El Puto Amo
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Just picturing Wallsey walking around in a pair if Mikaskas !

Must remember to being my own gloves this time. Patman kindly gave me a lend of a pair in Vienna which I swiftly then list !

Ha ha not quite LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic