You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Copa del Rey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copa del Rey
    Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 1:16pm
Looks like Atletico have got their wish and it will be held in the Santiago Bernabeu on Friday the 17th of may so it won't clash with the Eurovision.

Would be amazing if the first time Atletico beat Real this millenium was in a Cup Final at the Bernabeu. Maybe they'll beat them in the league beforehand as well.

Edited by tribalarmy - 07 Jan 2014 at 5:00pm
Sponsored Links

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Looks like Atletico have got their wish and it will be held in the Santiago Bernabeu on Friday the 17th of may so it won't clash with the Eurovision.

Would be amazing if the first time Atletico beat Real this millenium was in a Cup Final at the Bernabeu. Maybe they'll beat them in the league beforehand as well.

What's the story behind this??
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 1:44pm
Real supposedly wanted to have the final in the biggest stadium possible. ie. They wanted to win it in Camp Nou.

Atletico wanted to keep the final in Madrid They were happy to play in the Bernabeu because of it's size compared to the Calderon, the fact Madrid would never agree to play it at the Calderon and their record in finals against Madrid at the Bernabeu(P3-W3-L0)

The Madrid local council wanted to keep the final in Madrid for the obvious reason of boosting their own economy rather than 90,000+ Madridistas heading over to Catalonia and spending their money.

The RFEF who make the final decision also didn't see any logic in everyone leaving the capital, with a perfect venue, to play elsewhere.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 1:48pm
TA
Would Real not be happy to have it at home? Whatever about their record it's a feckin home game really though I appreciate the crowds would be even numbered
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Real supposedly wanted to have the final in the biggest stadium possible. ie. They wanted to win it in Camp Nou.

Atletico wanted to keep the final in Madrid They were happy to play in the Bernabeu because of it's size compared to the Calderon, the fact Madrid would never agree to play it at the Calderon and their record in finals against Madrid at the Bernabeu(P3-W3-L0)

The Madrid local council wanted to keep the final in Madrid for the obvious reason of boosting their own economy rather than 90,000+ Madridistas heading over to Catalonia and spending their money.

The RFEF who make the final decision also didn't see any logic in everyone leaving the capital, with a perfect venue, to play elsewhere.

Ah ok, cheers for that!

Can't believe they changed the date because of the fĂșcking Eurovision too, jaysus!
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 1:52pm
This a wind up?!

Real don't want to play a final in their own stadium and the game was moved because of the fookin Eurovision LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

This a wind up?!

Real don't want to play a final in their own stadium and the game was moved because of the fookin Eurovision LOL

Welcome to the weird and wonderful workings of the Spanish FA
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 1:19pm
Varane out of the cup final. I wonder will Pepe play.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 1:21pm
will be in spain for this, better be a buzz about the place
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 6:01pm
Diego Simeone named his starting XI today.

Courtois; Juanfran, GodĂ­n, Miranda, Filipe; Mario, Gabi; Koke, Arda Turan; Diego Costa y Falcao
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 9:20pm
Sensational play from Falcao before the goal.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 9:24pm
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink hasn't aged.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 10:38pm
Haha was just giving out that any Atletico cross id seen had been poison and then your man whips in a beauty for the 2nd goal! Vamos Atleti!
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 12:03am
Ronaldo is a nasty piece of workAngry
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
cass123456 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cass123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:11am
That's a bit harsh on ronaldo. The tackle on him was horrendous to begin with. I would probably have reacted the same way
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:12am
What exactly did Ronaldo do?

I just watched it on SSN and fail to see why Ronaldo was sent off
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:42am
The ref had lost control of the game at that stage HB, he just paniced and sent him off, referee ruined lost control of that match long before the sending off, entertaining for the neutral but must have been awful as a supporter of either team.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:43am
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Ronaldo is a nasty piece of workAngry

Want to elaborate? He was getting kicked around all evening and his red card was hardly justified, really don't know what he did wrong last night, dirty game no doubt but there is no way Ronaldo should have been sent off.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic