You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Consumer rights question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Consumer rights question
    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:42pm
Anyone know my rights to demand a refund here?

Bought back garden furniture in May.
Realised straight away there was some damage. Traded emails and agreed to replacement. Only catch was replacement product would not be here until August. But they said we could use the furniture with the small defect like it was our own for the summer (wasn't much of a summer after May so didn't end up getting much use of it!)
Now August has come and gone and they are messing me around with the replacement. Twice they have said its arriving the following week and they would deliver it but twice "it was a different container and my set didn't arrive"

I at a point now where I am like, just take it back and give me my money back. Since you are entitled to a refund,.replacement or repair and they are.not delivering the latter 2 in a timely manner, would I be in a good place to now demand a refund? 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:03pm
Would appear so alright, and I assume you have kept all the emails etc as proof. You should be covered under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act.

From listening many times to Dermot Jewell of the Consumers Association on the wireless, I’d advise first an email quoting the act (use google to find the exact act and wording)and request a refund within 7 days. Depending on their response or lack of, follow it up with registered letter. 

You can go through the chargeback process via your bank if paid by card, but they will ask for evidence too of any and all communication.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:40pm
Did you ever get this sorted Andy 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:06pm
Thanks Sham.

@Baggio. Got the usual "sorry i was on holiday, my colleague was suppose to organize. I will arrange delivery for next week". So waiting now to hear if that is confirmed, otherwise I am going hardball
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic