You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Constructive criticism of FAI/UEFA - Euro Tickets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constructive criticism of FAI/UEFA - Euro Tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constructive criticism of FAI/UEFA - Euro Tickets
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 12:44pm
See below for a list of constructive criticism of both organisations and where I believe the blame lies.

It is a constructive criticism thread not a 'couldnt run a pissup in a brewery' sh*te with my own comments

·       Each  individual ST being allowed to apply for 2 tickets – was this UEFA or FAI decision ?  - madness should of been 1 individual ST 1 euro ticket absolute no brainer IMO

·        No definite criteria for successfull applicants or prioritising - FAI - should of been clear from the start what the criteria was and the priority applied on a sliding scale

·        Some 'deserving cause's have obviously slipped through the net -FAI - just how many remains to be seen, there was always going to be some, how they were missed is the critical issue to avoid a repeat

·        Some 'less deserving' causes being successfull -FAI - see item 2 on priority, 1 'official' away should not have trumped a ST/BB

·        Lack of transpareny on ticket allocation breakdown Clubs/Abbey Sponsors -FAI - again just how many of the 6000 is distributed to the DIY crowd and what categorys

·        ‘successfull’ applicant subsequently finding out they only have knock out tickets – UEFA ? - mind boggling and can only imagine how pissed you would be, we not talking about Germany here

·        Money being taken out of your account with barely 2 working days notice – UEFA - again not alot of time especially if you are stung with Cat 1

·        Individual FA portal open for 3 months – UEFA - stuggle to see why this wasnt limited to 1 month max, giving more time to sort out anomlies

·        Expectation of Cat 3 tickets – notification of CAT 1 – FAI/UEFA - statements should of advised the limited number of CAT 3, dont hink anybody expected the numbers getting CAT 1 again a breakdown would be nice

·        Deserving fans missing out on Spain game - FAI - if it wasnt Spain I doubt this would be an issue, if you 'deserve' tickets to Croatai/Italy then you derve them for Spain

• BB not being able to split their application - FAI - unfair that a BB with 4 tickets is only allowed to apply for 2 tickets, ST holders wee able to split their allocation

Edited by Newryrep - 22 Mar 2012 at 10:18am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 12:50pm
fairly spot on there newry...the only one I wouldnt agree with is the payment point

i was stated since applications opened that it would be some stage in March that tickets would be allocated and subsequently the date March 15th was given

Plenty of tiome to have money in accounts.....costs were known

other than that hard to disagree. I think the getting tickets for the knockouts is the biggest disgrace on them all. I didnt get any tickets but its better than being allocated knockout tickets
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 12:51pm
More bleeding ticket threads
Milla..........
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

More bleeding ticket threads
Milla..........

Feck off BSM this is for legitimate criticism not I didnt get a ticket even though I am not a ST/BB coulldnt tell you where Lansdown road is and traveled to the last 20 away games all with no tickets
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 12:56pm
Just face it Newry ticket threads give you a serious horn
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 12:58pm
Rang the FAI this morning on the off chance of getting my cat1 exchanged for cat3. As expected no chance. Anyway out of curiosity I asked how were the tickets distributed and to quote her she said "a lottery". No wshe might be mistaken or used the wrong word to describe but maybe it was a lottery seeing as sausy and bear missed out. We were under the assumption that most home and aways would be given first preference but wouldnt be surprised if this was not the case.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 12:59pm
LOL

whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:07pm
Very good points newry...I agree entirely with nearly all.
I am really sorry for people who got stuck with Q/F on but no group games.
As you say if we were Germany or Spain we may have a diiferent perspective.
I haven't read through all the other ticket threads so this may have come up already.
But did the fact people applied for Knoockout onwards actually adversely affect their chances
of group games? As in FAI/UEFA going...ah sure we gave them something.

I didn't apply from knockout and got cat 1 for group games though applied for cat 3.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:10pm
I would add to the list that BB\ST holder who are booking under 1 customer number were only entitled to 2 tickets. This is problematic if the owner of the customer number is getting tickets for more than 2 people.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:11pm
good work newry
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:17pm
The one that caused the most problems that would've been easiest to solve was allowing people apply for two on the one ST/BB. If this had been kept to one nearly every one who applied would have got a ticket according to the earlier press releases from the FAI. Obviously if you BB for 4 you should've been allowed 4 etc. The extra 'Granny' ticket is a farce and lead to a lot of the other problems.
ginger66 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:27pm
Have the FAI made an official announcement of how they have allocated tickets? Or is it as usual they haven't got a clue what there doing.....
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I would add to the list that BB\ST holder who are booking under 1 customer number were only entitled to 2 tickets. This is problematic if the owner of the customer number is getting tickets for more than 2 people.

This was not the case.   I have 4 STs and was able to get four customer numbers.   
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:41pm
Newry, agree with all your points except the payment one altho I understand if you asked for Cat 3 and ended up with Cat 1 there is a big cost difference. I am still furious regarding getting rejected by the FAI, 45 years going to home games, Euro 88, Italia 90, a BB for around 20 yrs and currently paying for 3 S/Ts and being told my loyality counts for nothing.  When I calm down I will write to the FAI and cancel my current S/Ts. In the future I plan to pick and choose what games I attend, throw in the odd away and then I will be in the FAI club, it seemed to work for lots of guys.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

When I calm down I will write to the FAI and cancel my current S/Ts. In the future I plan to pick and choose what games I attend, throw in the odd away and then I will be in the FAI club, it seemed to work for lots of guys.

that more than anything should spur them on to sorting out the tickets scenario, hopefully we will have many more tournaments and they will have somthing in place

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

Newry, agree with all your points except the payment one altho I understand if you asked for Cat 3 and ended up with Cat 1 there is a big cost difference. I am still furious regarding getting rejected by the FAI, 45 years going to home games, Euro 88, Italia 90, a BB for around 20 yrs and currently paying for 3 S/Ts and being told my loyality counts for nothing.  When I calm down I will write to the FAI and cancel my current S/Ts. In the future I plan to pick and choose what games I attend, throw in the odd away and then I will be in the FAI club, it seemed to work for lots of guys.

Spot on Trapp Clap There will be many more like you that will not be renewing ST I would imagine.

Sorry to hear about your ticket situation though.

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:51pm
Must say the whole situation baffled me

Presume those who got screwed in first round will be sorted with the extra tickets fai received?

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

This was not the case.   I have 4 STs and was able to get four customer numbers.    

This was the case for BBers. Had 10 on my block booking and was given one customer number despite asking for more. Season tickets were a different story.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic