You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Masterson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 6:30pm
Starts tonight.
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 1:57pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 11:47am
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Any idea where he moves on to? Would like to see him stay in the Championship. 

A continental league would suit him. Holland may be. I wish more of our players considered German clubs as an option. The style in the 2 Bundesliga or 1 Bundesliga is the most similar to England. 

Huge bug bearer for me English footballers are going out foreign due to a lack of opportunities don’t mind Irish lads.

Molumby Smallbone Obafemi Kelleher Molumby Idah Connell all lads not getting game time and they at the age of 19-20-21 the age where they need to be playing regularly learning their trade 

Molumby an example I was praying he’d go back to Millwall let’s say another 30-40 games. Championship is a decent level and he’s only 21 people seemed to go “ahh he needs to break into the PL this year” these lads are young still and establishing yourself is the key.

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Nov 2020 at 11:50am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 11:54am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

A continental league would suit him. Holland may be. I wish more of our players considered German clubs as an option. The style in the 2 Bundesliga or 1 Bundesliga is the most similar to England. 

Huge bug bearer for me English footballers are going out foreign due to a lack of opportunities don’t mind Irish lads.

Molumby Smallbone Obafemi Kelleher Molumby Idah Connell all lads not getting game time and they at the age of 19-20-21 the age where they need to be playing regularly learning thier trade.

Massive games for ireland in 4 months and a lot of our squad players are not playing for club teams.

This January window needs to be very busy for irish players for either loan moves or permanent.

Molumby, 
Smallbone
Obafemi
Travers 
Kelleher 
Coventry 
Luca connell 
Ronan 

All need to be playing football now.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:31pm

Edited by avfc - 27 Nov 2020 at 10:04am
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Molumby Smallbone Obafemi Kelleher Molumby Idah Connell all lads not getting game time and they at the age of 19-20-21 the age where they need to be playing regularly learning thier trade.

Massive games for ireland in 4 months and a lot of our squad players are not playing for club teams.

This January window needs to be very busy for irish players for either loan moves or permanent.

Molumby, 
Smallbone
Obafemi
Travers 
Kelleher 
Coventry 
Luca connell 
Ronan 

All need to be playing football now.
Ronan is playing regularly for Grasshoppers at the moment
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:08pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-defender-masterson-set-to-join-swindon . Can’t see him playing for Qpr again .

Given his lack of playing-time, I'm guessing you mean you mean you can't see him not playing for QPR again. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 12:03am
Seems to be going backwards since his breakthrough with qpr, didn't really take the opportunity to lock down a starting role despite being given ample opportunity.

Nathan Collins at 19 has nailed down his position whereas Masterson is 22 and hasnt made his mark.

Dropping down a league might be good for him to be fair.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 12:24am
Should be good experience for him, Mark Travers is already there. Both their clubs will see the moves as temporary. For John Sheridan, he knows this league well and will see both players as an upgrade on what he's got in the battle to stay up.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 12:40am
Both played on the same Lucan Utd schoolboy side.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I spoke to his uncle last week and Masterson doesn't get on with the current manager, he will be moving on.

Musta been true so.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 10:19am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Both played on the same Lucan Utd schoolboy side.

How did Lucan convince John Sheridan to play as a banger?
El Puto Amo
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 10:24am
Well seeing as they convinced Mark Kinsella, Mark Rutherford and David Mooney to play for them im sure John Sheridan wouldn't be far off the pace.

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 19 Jan 2021 at 10:25am
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 1:13pm
I had heard that Masterson did not get on with the QPR manager but doubted it when he signed that recent contract with the club that takes him up to the summer of 2023. Not sure what's going on but suspect that the manager likes to get his young players experience in the more brutal world of men's football in lower leagues. Seems to be doing good for Shodipo at Oxford right now.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 1:20pm
Signs for Swindon on loan for the rest of the season. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 2:01pm
 I think this is a really good move for him. Definitely has the potential to be playing at a higher level than league1. 

Hes very good with the ball to feet and passing is good too. I suspect this is what kept him at Liverpool .

Needs to work on his positioning and concentration (which he can do) 

And you need to have a bit more aggression about you in league 1 which will be good for him.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 3:17pm

I spoke to his uncle last week and Masterson doesn't get on with the current manager, he will be moving on.

Musta been true so.

"Doesn't get on" is very vague. Masterson has been getting chances with QPR but simply hasn't taken them. 

He had never played senior football before he went to QPR so he got his big break there too.

Signing a 3 year deal recently and only sending him on loan are positives too, rather than bumping him to the u23s and leaving him there.

I think This will be good for his career to be honest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
  Share Topic