You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 81>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:16am
Whilst I agree he's been pretty dreadful for us I can kind of see why he selected him last night given we had so many out. To be fair he had dropped him for the Wales game but then the rake of withdrawals meant he came back in. Had he not dropped him for that game I would be a lot more concerned.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Whilst I agree he's been pretty dreadful for us I can kind of see why he selected him last night given we had so many out. To be fair he had dropped him for the Wales game but then the rake of withdrawals meant he came back in. Had he not dropped him for that game I would be a lot more concerned.

Totally agree with that assessment, however I think we've seen enough of hourihane now to say hes not good enough. He's been phased out of the villa side more and more. 6 of their last games he spent on the bench and didn't see a second of football and before then he was in and out of the team.

We all know he has a fantastic left foot but even Brady is taking all the set pieces. 

Should be in his prime now and has had a good few chances to show what he can do.
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:52am
One of the main arguments for picking Brady and Hourihane is the quality of their set pieces.  Fair enough. Play one, not both.  At present Brady looks ahead of Hourihane.  
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 11:46am
Anonymous again last night. 29 year old Premier League midfielder who should have taken a grip of last nights game but didn't as usual. Knight and Cullen showed last night that they can offer more in the future. Maybe a move in January could kickstart his career again but in terms of stepping up for us I think that'll never happen. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:37pm
Stop the lights, he's on for Villa
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Stop the lights, he's on for Villa

Maybe he was on the whole time... how would you tell?
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Maybe he was on the whole time... how would you tell?

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 7:28pm
Starts today for villa, would be good to see him make some sort of impact but i feel it'll be another game where he offers nothing and comes off after 60 mins.  

Will happily be proved wrong, but....
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 8:51pm

Starts today for villa, would be good to see him make some sort of impact but i feel it'll be another game where he offers nothing and comes off after 60 mins.  

Thought he played quite well first half, unlucky with two free kicks
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 9:11am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Had some good link up play in the final 3rd too. Villa very unlucky last night but someone will have to drop out once Barkley is back.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 9:50am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Had some good link up play in the final 3rd too. Villa very unlucky last night but someone will have to drop out once Barkley is back.

Simply doesn't do enough to stay on the pitch.

as mentioned, once Barkley is back he'll likely make way.

I've seen enough games with hourihane now and can't see him turning it around. Looks like a championship level player struggling in the premier league.

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 10:12am
played well last night, bit more mobile than is usual with him. a few really good set piece deliveries as always also
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

played well last night, bit more mobile than is usual with him. a few really good set piece deliveries as always also

He put in a couple of excellent deliveries last night. Nightmare to defend stuff. Best game I have seen him play in a long time.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

He put in a couple of excellent deliveries last night. Nightmare to defend stuff. Best game I have seen him play in a long time.

Its strange that Brady seems to take our set pieces, I think Brady can deliver quality at times but its clearly.Hourihanes biggest strength.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:44pm
He is a good option for Villa even if unlikely to start every week with Barkley there now. Free kicks and dead ball deliveries are an obvious speciality and natural left footers are rare enough when teams are looking for a balance. One thing that struck me about the match last night was the constant mouthing off at the referee and other players by Rice and Grealish in particular throughout the game. You'd nearly think those two fellas had kissed the Blarney Stone, begorrah ! Or else that they were a couple of irritating ****s.

Edited by Green Cockade - 01 Dec 2020 at 1:44pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:09pm
Exactly he is a good squad option for Villa and if he wants I’d suspect he’d be a decent option for a newly promoted team that wants to stay up. Villa wouldn’t have stayed up without his left foot last year. 

Grealish posting about VAR was hilarious and Villa pound for pound the single biggest beneficiary of VARs failings last year in that they would be relegated if it was working properly against Sheffield Utd.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:35pm
I have no idea what Grealish posted, or even what VAR did now, but I would be fairly certain it wasn't even mildly funny.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Exactly he is a good squad option for Villa and if he wants I’d suspect he’d be a decent option for a newly promoted team that wants to stay up. Villa wouldn’t have stayed up without his left foot last year. 

Grealish posting about VAR was hilarious and Villa pound for pound the single biggest beneficiary of VARs failings last year in that they would be relegated if it was working properly against Sheffield Utd.

Was hawkeye that failed in the game last season, although still not sure why VAR wasn't allowed to intervene.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 81>
  Share Topic