You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 81>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 6:14pm
It's only a friendly lads, relax.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Well, if what you say is on the money, he’ll be found out tonight and the experiment won’t be repeated. That can’t hurt to try it.

As I've said already, the worst possible thing that could happen would be Hourihane having good games against Bulgaria and Georgia and then McCarthy deciding to go with him at LB against Switzerland. It would be farcical stuff.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Well, if what you say is on the money, he’ll be found out tonight and the experiment won’t be repeated. That can’t hurt to try it.

As I've said already, the worst possible thing that could happen would be Hourihane having good games against Bulgaria and Georgia and then McCarthy deciding to go with him at LB against Switzerland. It would be farcical stuff.

I wouldn’t disagree, only there would the. be good reasoning to use Hourihane there. To me, the alternative is Doherty or McClean. Any of the other options are questionable.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 6:39pm
Obviously a fit Doherty should be definitely starting vs Georgia at LB. McClean is awful there, no matter how many times Stoke start him there. Cunningham should be the next in line after Doherty. If Doherty is back playing in the next few weeks and doesn't start, it is an almighty slap down for him. That embarrassing attempt McCarthy gave Doherty in the Gibraltar away game was a sight to behold. 

All that being said, Hourihane is crucial imo. I don't really rate him at all, he really isn't much of a player but his set plays are quality. So it's almost a case of he has to play in some position.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:31pm
Experiment failed

Not a left back and can’t start there again for us
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:36pm
Yeah, he showed what everyone except Mick already knew. Offered little going forward and was caught out positionally on a few occasions too.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:40pm
At 28 he should be in his prime now. I get the feeling hes not premier league quality. 

Magic wand for set pieces but all round the quality isn't there 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

At 28 he should be in his prime now. I get the feeling hes not premier league quality. 

I agree.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:51pm
He's not athletic enough. 
He isn't strong, fast or aggressive.
Would look great passing the ball sideways in a good team, but we aren't good enough to carry him, nor are Aston Villa which is why he has been dropped.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:57pm
Not getting involved on his ability. How is no one pulling up on Mick's comments. 

Pre game 'experiment' - if he plays well he could start there

Post game - it was purely for minutes - let's call up Wardy. 

FFS - imagine MON said that. 

I just don't know anymore Shocked
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I agree.

f**k me lads - how quick are we to rule fellas out - can I just remind you there have been 4 PL games. Four 

Jesus wept - at least give him the season.
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:12pm
Some bullsh*t on this thread,were any of yee at the match. I was and he played well. Good option for Georgia.

Edited by Jack City - 10 Sep 2019 at 11:14pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Not getting involved on his ability. How is no one pulling up on Mick's comments. 

Pre game 'experiment' - if he plays well he could start there

Post game - it was purely for minutes - let's call up Wardy. 

FFS - imagine MON said that. 

I just don't know anymore Shocked

Stephen Ward LOL

Hourihane LB LOL

Seriously, what a load of nonsense.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 9:53pm
Seems to be out of the picture at the moment; Villa were useless in midfield tonight but he still didn't get off the bench, with Douglas Luiz chosen to replace Nakamba instead.
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:49pm
Strange cause that was the type of game that would have suited him tonight with hilla looking for a winner. If they keep struggling for goals hes bound to get his chance sooner rather than later.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:51am
On the plus side for Hourihane, Marvelous Nakamba was anything but tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if Hourihane gets a chance over the next few games.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:11am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

On the plus side for Hourihane, Marvelous Nakamba was anything but tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if Hourihane gets a chance over the next few games.

Agree - he was rubbish. 

My concern is that if 'marvellous' doesn't get in, Douglas will get in. 

In truth, Villa are quite poor. 2/3 decent lads plus a lot of crap. The fella - Taylor who broke Seamus's leg is terrible.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:16am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Agree - he was rubbish. 

My concern is that if 'marvellous' doesn't get in, Douglas will get in. 

In truth, Villa are quite poor. 2/3 decent lads plus a lot of crap. The fella - Taylor who broke Seamus's leg is terrible.
Thought Douglas Luiz looked a bit hopeless when he was on too - and the fans got on his back straight away.

I don't think Hourihane is a world beater but i could see him getting back in ahead of those guys.

And yes i agree Villa look poor. Grealish had the ball in a lot of good positions but the players around him werent on the same wavelength at all

Edited by giveittochristie - 17 Sep 2019 at 9:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 81>
  Share Topic