You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 737475
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Seriously, this word should be blanked out like f**k or ****. It means nothing unless your Shane Duffy, Coleman, Jonathan Walters, etc

Hourihane's experience is immediately undone when he's misplacing passes, not passing at all or going missing for the guts of a game.

We are disadvantaging ourselves by having him on the pitch. 

I'm not disagreeing with you.
I'd have the young lads in who are hungry to deliver and are showing they may have higher ceilings than the experienced(!) lads.
But I believe SK will go with experience for this Faro match.

I'm not disagreeing with you either. Just highlighting the ridiculous use of the word "experience" when it comes to the Irish team. I find it a lazy and vague term that lacks any substance more often than not. 

If younger players put in the performances Hourihane has it would be put down to lack of "experience" and their inclusion in squads would be questioned. Hourihane just keeps getting game time. 

I just can't get my head around how Kenny can rewatch Hourihane's performances for Ireland and not have serious concerns. His first touch against Hungary was to give the ball away. Our "ball playing" midfielder who seems to be a bundle of nerves on the ball unless he's playing against substandard opposition who won't press him. 
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:44am
Hourihane to Sheffield United if report are to go by. Would be a very good move for him.

Hope he gets the start he had at Swansea. 
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 12:03pm

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Seriously, this word should be blanked out like f**k or ****. It means nothing unless your Shane Duffy, Coleman, Jonathan Walters, etc

Hourihane's experience is immediately undone when he's misplacing passes, not passing at all or going missing for the guts of a game.

We are disadvantaging ourselves by having him on the pitch. 

I'm not disagreeing with you.
I'd have the young lads in who are hungry to deliver and are showing they may have higher ceilings than the experienced(!) lads.
But I believe SK will go with experience for this Faro match.

I'm not disagreeing with you either. Just highlighting the ridiculous use of the word "experience" when it comes to the Irish team. I find it a lazy and vague term that lacks any substance more often than not. 

If younger players put in the performances Hourihane has it would be put down to lack of "experience" and their inclusion in squads would be questioned. Hourihane just keeps getting game time. 

I just can't get my head around how Kenny can rewatch Hourihane's performances for Ireland and not have serious concerns. His first touch against Hungary was to give the ball away. Our "ball playing" midfielder who seems to be a bundle of nerves on the ball unless he's playing against substandard opposition who won't press him. 
Apart from Villa's promotion season, he's exactly as you describe. He throws in a good game occasionally but does not have the quality or stamina to maintain it. His dead-ball stuff, so often his signature, has also waned. Good luck to him at Sheff Utd, he could do a job for them but more likely he'll flatter before reverting to kind. 
Is fearr Gaeilge briste ná Béarla clíste.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:25pm
Hasn't started for SU since being named in the Sky Bet Team of the Week on the back of his performance against Hull.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:01pm
this man gets a lot of stick on here. Yes, at the top level he gets shown up but he's a lovely baller as tonight showed. Worked hard too which is a weakness usually. Set the tone early on with interceptions and had a role in 3 goals. Great deliveries too. Well done Conor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 737475
  Share Topic