You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 707172
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

By the time Hourihane left Villa they were bringing a 19 year old kid off the bench ahead of him. They're never going to say anything negative about him publicly but their actions showed that he wasn't rated at all this season.
That 19 year old has started ahead of an England International and a 14 million January signing since Hourihane left so that says more about Ramsey than Hourihane.
One fact is Villa have looked a lot worse from
Wide areas and set pieces since Hourihane left.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

By the time Hourihane left Villa they were bringing a 19 year old kid off the bench ahead of him. They're never going to say anything negative about him publicly but their actions showed that he wasn't rated at all this season.
That 19 year old has started ahead of an England International and a 14 million January signing since Hourihane left so that says more about Ramsey than Hourihane.

I may be true that they are worse from set pieces and wide areas but are better in countless other ways. More energy and pace in the midfield, better at building from the back and harder to breakdown in midfield for a start. 

If Hourihane was still at Villa they would probably be fighting relegation. They've improved their team replacing him.

Fruice View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

I may be true that they are worse from set pieces and wide areas but are better in countless other ways. More energy and pace in the midfield, better at building from the back and harder to breakdown in midfield for a start. 

If Hourihane was still at Villa they would probably be fighting relegation. They've improved their team replacing him.

You are dealing in pure speculation Villas back 5 is one of the best in the premier league so with or with our hourihane these would be preforming at high level one player isn’t going to effect them a lot especially a player playing high up the field 

They have added more pace but the man brought in to replace hourihane over the last 10 games has probably been Villas worse player and has contributed nothing even from the bench Hourihane would have contributed more especially with grealish out he would have offered them something different as he did in the last 10 games of last year. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:29pm
Well they're eight places further up the premier league table without him - to a large part because they have a much better functioning midfield in open play. Which is likely what we will have in time also as we phase himself and Hendrick out in the next couple of years.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:39pm
I am not too fussed that Hourihane may be missing. He is nearly always anonymous for Ireland.

Edited by grannyrule - 20 Mar 2021 at 8:47pm
Kenny has 0% win record after 11 games including a home loss to Luxembourg
Stimpy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 9:21pm
Brady will start then for set pieces 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 4:58pm
It took a few months, but it looks like Swansea fans have figured out the problem with Hourihane. When he's not getting any joy from set pieces it's like being a man down having him in the team.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:09pm

It took a few months, but it looks like Swansea fans have figured out the problem with Hourihane. When he's not getting any joy from set pieces it's like being a man down having him in the team.

Didn't take them a few months. They were saying that weeks ago. Anonymous more often not. Just work harder, Conor. His flaw is pointed out game after game yet he still allows himself to drift off during the 90 mins.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:25pm
Very tidy assist for the Ayew goal.

“We did let Mr. Felder sing it, he sang it dozens of times over the span of a week over and over again. It simply didn’t come up to band standards.”

Don Henley
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 5:05pm
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/haywire-swansea-city-player-ratings-20407680

CONOR HOURIHANE 4

Tried his luck with a shot from distance in the first half but didn't offer anywhere near enough, in truth. Subbed.

“We did let Mr. Felder sing it, he sang it dozens of times over the span of a week over and over again. It simply didn’t come up to band standards.”

Don Henley
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/haywire-swansea-city-player-ratings-20407680

CONOR HOURIHANE 4

Tried his luck with a shot from distance in the first half but didn't offer anywhere near enough, in truth. Subbed.

This is as predictable as day turns to night when it comes to Hourihane.

Sometimes that shot from distance goes in and you can forgive the rest but when it doesn't... he does very little.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 707172
  Share Topic