You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 545556
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Hes played consistently under Kenny over the last 8 games and he's done nothing. Brady seems to take all the set pieces.

Molumby, knight, hendrick, browne and now Cullen  should all be ahead of him 

The amount of game time he has received is one aspect that has concerned me about Kenny.

Genuinely would love to hear Kenny's appraisal of Conor and why he has received so much time on the pitch. 

Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Hes played consistently under Kenny over the last 8 games and he's done nothing. Brady seems to take all the set pieces.

Molumby, knight, hendrick, browne and now Cullen  should all be ahead of him 

The amount of game time he has received is one aspect that has concerned me about Kenny.

Genuinely would love to hear Kenny's appraisal of Conor and why he has received so much time on the pitch. 

Just to add to this, Kenny is known for his detailed video analysis and stats breakdown..

Once again, what is he seeing in Conor that everyone else seems to be missing?
belt View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:03am
I'd get over him being invisible but in the 8 games so far there have been two occasions where he has needlessly given the ball away and its resulted in us conceding

Away v Bulgaria  in the first game and England's penalty
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I wear a neck mask

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:04am
I was honestly expecting to see Byrne Knight and Cullen starting tonight.  I thought Kenny was an ambitious manager not afraid to try new players or discard the underperformers.

Alarm bells when I saw that team sheet for me I'm afraid.  Pure conservative and a selection made out of fear.
To win a YBIG Forum Posting Starter Kit:

Your:
You're:

There:
Their:
They're:

If you think you know the correct meaning of these words put your answers on a post to win this fabulous prize.

Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I was honestly expecting to see Byrne Knight and Cullen starting tonight.  I thought Kenny was an ambitious manager not afraid to try new players or discard the underperformers.

Alarm bells when I saw that team sheet for me I'm afraid.  Pure conservative and a selection made out of fear.

I think kenny was looking to keep an experienced midfield, which makes sense and is normally a good bet. However we've been saying that hourihane disappears In games far to regularly now.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:09am

My concerns too. One thing I thought we were getting under Kenny was that lack of convervatism and having no fear. Not starting Byrne, then waiting so long to introduce him when it was obvious things needed changing has me worried.

Incidentally, would he even come in if Brady hadn't got injured?
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:12am

spot on, he absolutely bottled it. How can you justify starting Brady and Hourihane time after time when they offer nothing. His interview after wouldn't fill you with confidence either
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:16am
Whilst I agree he's been pretty dreadful for us I can kind of see why he selected him last night given we had so many out. To be fair he had dropped him for the Wales game but then the rake of withdrawals meant he came back in. Had he not dropped him for that game I would be a lot more concerned.

"This is what separates the men from the fagg*ts." Dec. Jerry Lynch
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Whilst I agree he's been pretty dreadful for us I can kind of see why he selected him last night given we had so many out. To be fair he had dropped him for the Wales game but then the rake of withdrawals meant he came back in. Had he not dropped him for that game I would be a lot more concerned.

Totally agree with that assessment, however I think we've seen enough of hourihane now to say hes not good enough. He's been phased out of the villa side more and more. 6 of their last games he spent on the bench and didn't see a second of football and before then he was in and out of the team.

We all know he has a fantastic left foot but even Brady is taking all the set pieces. 

Should be in his prime now and has had a good few chances to show what he can do.
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:52am
One of the main arguments for picking Brady and Hourihane is the quality of their set pieces.  Fair enough. Play one, not both.  At present Brady looks ahead of Hourihane.  
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 11:46am
Anonymous again last night. 29 year old Premier League midfielder who should have taken a grip of last nights game but didn't as usual. Knight and Cullen showed last night that they can offer more in the future. Maybe a move in January could kickstart his career again but in terms of stepping up for us I think that'll never happen. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:37pm
Stop the lights, he's on for Villa
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Stop the lights, he's on for Villa

Maybe he was on the whole time... how would you tell?
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:47pm

Maybe he was on the whole time... how would you tell?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 545556
  Share Topic