You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 81>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 3:32pm

really should go on and cement his place in the Ireland midfield this year, been solid at club level for a few years

Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 6:19pm
Ahead of who exactly?

You can assume that McCarthy will return to full fitness, and Arter sort out his club situation. And then you have Rice and Hendrick too.

Meyler will also be included too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:24pm
Scores tonight.

Nice to see one of our midfielders getting on the end of things. Fair play to Hourihane for making that run. Great to see. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:24pm
Quality free kick goal for Conor v Blackburn just then. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:37pm
great free kick. 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:55pm
He’s not an international level baller but neither is the bulk of our players.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

But how do you define that?

There are countless examples of players playing for countries like Northern Ireland, Iceland, Slovenia, Georgia etc who punch above their level when playing for their country.

With all due respect every nation can't have a team made up of players playing for Real Madrid, Barca, United, Bayern etc.

Our problem and I keep saying it, is that our manager who I know has a limited group of players at his disposal doesn't play to our players strengths.

Michael O'Neill has a squad of players at Hourihane's level and below, Davis/Cathcart/Evans the exceptions and yet the likes of Dallas, Lafferty, Magennis, Norwood etc all look so comfortable at international level.

It's not rocket science, that when your team are set up properly and every player knows exactly what their roles are you can get positive results/performances.

Playing Hourihane in a two man midfield against Wales Dead 

Edited by Green Devil - 15 Sep 2018 at 8:11pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:19pm
Played well apart from his goal too when he came on. They had a stat up that he has 18 Championship assists since August 2015 as well (level with Leeds' talisman Pablo Hernandez), so it's not just goals he contributes.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

There are countless examples of players playing for countries like Northern Ireland, Iceland, Slovenia, Georgia etc who punch above their level when playing for their country.

With all due respect every nation can't have a team made up of players playing for Real Madrid, Barca, United, Bayern etc.

Our problem and I keep saying it, is that our manager who I know has a limited group of players at his disposal doesn't play to our players strengths.

Michael O'Neill has a squad of players at Hourihane's level and below, Davis/Cathcart/Evans the exceptions and yet the likes of Dallas, Lafferty, Magennis, Norwood etc all look so comfortable at international level.

It's not rocket science, that when your team are set up properly and every player knows exactly what their roles are you can get positive results/performances.

Hourihane has to take some responsibility for his anonymous performances for Ireland. It can't always be O'Neill's fault. 

He can be an asset for us with his set pieces and long range shots but he needs to impose himself more on games. He has not done enough so far to warrant a starting place. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:13pm
He appears to go missing in games for Villa too.

But can pull one out of the bag out of nowhere.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:35pm
He is suited to the no 10 role, play him off the striker in the Wes role. Deffo not a box to box type midfielder.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

He is suited to the no 10 role, play him off the striker in the Wes role. Deffo not a box to box type midfielder.

Has he played in this position before? At Barnsley?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Hourihane has to take some responsibility for his anonymous performances for Ireland. It can't always be O'Neill's fault. 

He can be an asset for us with his set pieces and long range shots but he needs to impose himself more on games. He has not done enough so far to warrant a starting place. 

I don't think anyone suggested otherwise.

My point is wouldn't you think as a manager, if you have a limited group of players you would play to their strengths and try squeeze every last ounce of their ability out of them, instead of sending them out like lambs to the slaughter. 

Examples - Playing them out of position, asking them to play unfamiliar roles in a system, tactics completely hampering any sort of possible impact said player could make etc

Again, there are realistically about 3 maybe 4 players maximum who warrant a starting place?

It's hardly surprising it's constantly our midfielders who are pillared on here, with the way we set up it's unsurprising that many rarely bring their club form into playing for Ireland even against the minnows!!! 

Edited by Green Devil - 15 Sep 2018 at 9:52pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:55pm
Is there any player who has shone in the MON era? 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:38pm
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:39pm
I don’t think any player has shone for a run of games under Mon tbh... He is not able to get the best out of players at all.. Michael o Neill consistently makes ordinary players into good players with good man management and progressive tactics and coaching while Mon makes ordinary players turn into poor players with poor tactics and old fashioned out of date management skills when they pull on the green. I think the likes of Michael o Neill would get more out of the likes of Conor Hourihane 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Is there any player who has shone in the MON era? 

Duffy.
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:24pm
Giea missing far too often in games but a great strike of a dead ball though today Clap

Edited by Trap for Pope - 15 Sep 2018 at 11:25pm
Living for Away days
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 81>
  Share Topic