You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Coventry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 22>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:53pm
Coventry and odubeko started for the West Ham u23s today. Hopefully that'll see then both available for thr weekend.

I guess there are still question marks of odubeko at the moment but it would be good to see Coventry get a few mins between not and the end of thr season

Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:58pm
No way are they getting minutes with WH chasing CL
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:07pm
Soucek was in the wars towards the end of that game last night so 👀
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:46am
Been doing well in preseason for West Ham looks to have played 90 mins in each of the last 2 games as well as scoring in both.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:00am
Great to see him doing well. Looks like he might get some meaningful game time and finally push on
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:42pm
Hopefully this is the start of something for him but I'd be fairly confident that he'll resume his unused sub role at West Ham once the league restarts.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Hopefully this is the start of something for him but I'd be fairly confident that he'll resume his unused sub role at West Ham once the league restarts.

Hes not going to play for West Ham in the premier league unless it's a token 10mins off the bench at the end of the game.

Coventry is rated quite highly and needs to play Week in week out in the championship if possible first.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:24pm
West Ham let 4th slip last year because their small squad size and lack of rotation, players got injured while others were ran into the ground. If Moyes is smart, he'll integrate these lads sooner rather than later be it in the FA Cup, League Cup or Europe.

Its now or never with Coventry and West Ham.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

West Ham let 4th slip last year because their small squad size and lack of rotation, players got injured while others were ran into the ground. If Moyes is smart, he'll integrate these lads sooner rather than later be it in the FA Cup, League Cup or Europe.

With the League Cup and Europa there’s every chance surely he now gets his run? I don’t know do ye frequent Twitter but I noticed a batch of Rotherham fans talking about how he was pencilled in for a loan deal weeks back and are non plussed it hasn’t come to pass yet. 

Soucek Rice aside unless they are signing a midfielder his competition is what is there at the moment in pre season from what I see? He is also standing out going by the general vibe from that fanbase even at the expense of the really talented Ben Johnson. 

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

This is it and with 3 young Irish players there very handy as far as young players on the verge of a breakthrough at West Ham go the hope is this might be to our benefit. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:47pm
As Coventry is now 21, if he makes one senior competitive appearance for us, will that keep him tied to Ireland? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

As Coventry is now 21, if he makes one senior competitive appearance for us, will that keep him tied to Ireland? 

Unless he's eligible for another country we're not aware of, I doubt we have to worry about that.

If he has half the career Mark Noble had he'd be doing well, and Noble didn't get within an arse's roar of an England call up, despite being a proven PL performer.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Unless he's eligible for another country we're not aware of, I doubt we have to worry about that.

If he has half the career Mark Noble had he'd be doing well, and Noble didn't get within an arse's roar of an England call up, despite being a proven PL performer.

But is he not eligible for England no? 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

But is he not eligible for England no? 

He is. I meant another country other than the two we know he's eligible for.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:01pm
But surely England is the obvious one we need to worry about (if he did become a an excellent player) as I wasn't even thinking about any other country tbh. 

My understanding from the new FIFA rule was that they could change before they were 21 but I assume Johansson & Coventry couldn't switch if they made a senior competitive appearance for Ireland after they're 21?  

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Jul 2021 at 11:03pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:09pm

The answer to your question is yes. Also, if he makes a competitive appearance for our under 21s this autumn, that ties him to us as it's after his 21st birthday.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The answer to your question is yes. Also, if he makes a competitive appearance for our under 21s this autumn, that ties him to us as it's after his 21st birthday.

I'm open to correction, but I don't believe that is correct. 

I think he needs 3 competitive caps for our senior team before he is debarred from switching.

(Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong - haven't looked carefully at the eligibility rules for a while, particularly since they changed).

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 22 Jul 2021 at 11:23pm
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:26pm
Coventry seems to be in the same position at West Ham as Cullen was at his age, highly rated, makes the bench a lot but doesn't seem to break into first team . Except Cullen had a full season of League One football under his belt at Coventry's age now.
Coventry really needs senior football games to kick on. 
I think it he will go on loan at some stage this season either at the start or mid season. He might have a chance of getting some game time in the cups & Europe with West Ham this season if he impresses in pre season. But it depends if West Ham make another Centre Midfielder signing or signings between now and the loan transfer deadline, if they do he is better off going on loan for the season. 
Coventry could easily find himself in the ROI squad if he was playing well and regularly at a decent level if the squad midfield options not playing, injured etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 22>
  Share Topic