Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confederations Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 9:10pm
As much as I dislike Mexico given our past meetings, I'm delighted they won.

The Russia-Mexico game should be good   
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

when it comes to midweek games in London. You generally have 20 minutes from full time to get to the station otherwise you're stuck in London for the night.

It's not a bad place to be stuck for the night.

London is a huge city, with many clubs who have different midweek ko times. But even if it takes a few hours, there's always the next bus. An injustice in a game can't be overturned, like that night in Paris, or Brussels in 81. along thousands of similiar decisions that still anger people many years later.

Next year, injustices will be overturned at the WC. It will be also used in next year's FA Cup, even in grounds with no video screens. The days of Paris and Brussels will never be allowed to happen again.

Now, when is the next bus?
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 1:06am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

when it comes to midweek games in London. You generally have 20 minutes from full time to get to the station otherwise you're stuck in London for the night.

It's not a bad place to be stuck for the night.

When you have work the next morning because it's midweek, yes it is. The last thing you want to be is stuck 200 miles in another city.
Everyone in England regardless what league you're in hates midweek London games. 

I rarely sympathise with Newcastle fans, but the fact they have 4 in 10 days next season, I can take exception and understand why they're fuming about it LOL

Edited by coyne - 22 Jun 2017 at 1:08am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Kicking off between the Kiwi and Mexican players

The referee had the use of VARs and somehow only booked 3 players! Shambles.

Enjoyed the game, end to end stuff and NZ can feel a little unlucky to come out on the losing side.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 8:52am
Your point is valid, but this is a friendly tournament. And as we know, refs are very reluctant to dish out red cards in friendlies. The ref was not even going to give out yellows, until the video stepped in.

When you have work the next morning because it's midweek, yes it is. The last thing you want to be is stuck 200 miles in another city.
Everyone in England regardless what league you're in hates midweek London games. 

I rarely sympathise with Newcastle fans, but the fact they have 4 in 10 days next season, I can take exception and understand why they're fuming about it

There is still the next bus, and I'm sure Newcastle fans are used to long trips. In the LOI, fans are regularly forced have to travel long distances to make Friday night away games, and put up with the inconveniences that go with it. So English fans have it much easier by comparison.

A couple of extra minutes to get the correct decision is worth it when there's promotion or relegation, titles or European spots and vast sums of cash on the line as there usually is, and it shouldn't be left to human error. It wouldn't be acceptable in any other industry, and it shouldn't be acceptable in ours.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:15am
He keeps mentioning this bus which no other f**ker knows what he's on about. LOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 5:22pm
End to end in the Cameroon v Australia match.

Great stuff if a little low on quality.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 6:04pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 6:55pm
German anthem still takes some beating. Absolutely love it.

Total bulltoe by Sanchez

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Jun 2017 at 7:07pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 7:17pm
That German defence is awful.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I've got a BTTS double with this and the earlier game so if they score, I'll be happy.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I've got a BTTS double with this and the earlier game so if they score, I'll be happy.
Looks a good bet, the Germans look dangerous themselves. I can see a few more goals in this one.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 8:05pm
That eas a dive.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:11pm
Is this on tv?? Haven't seen any games of it on
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:18pm
Post edit

Edited by DonkeyOatey - 23 Jun 2017 at 9:18pm
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 8:09am
Yes Rte have been showing all the games.I haven't watched much of it sofar but will tune in from now on.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:49am
Would expect the Russia game to be very open. Don't see Mexico as the type to sit back and hold on for a draw.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

Yes Rte have been showing all the games.I haven't watched much of it sofar but will tune in from now on.
I am the opposite, I don't think I will watch anymore! What a load of sh*te and the VAR farce is making bad football worse
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
  Share Topic