Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colin Doyle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:29pm
His best bet now would be for him to come home in the January transfer window and play league of Ireland.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

His best bet now would be for him to come home in the January transfer window and play league of Ireland.

He was content sitting on the bench for Birmingham during his prime for the guts of 10 years+ taking home a decent wedge. I doubt that'll change sitting on Hearts bench doing the same in his twilight years.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 2:33pm
First league start for Hearts today.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 6:24pm
Howler today to gift Motherwell the win vs Hearts. Had played well up to then apparently, so hopefully he isn't dropped.
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 6:53pm
They just showed it on the news, I would be amazed if he wasn't dropped.  A horrendous error.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 6:53pm
I wouldn’t feel confident if he’s on the Irish bench for any games to be brutally honest. Surely Westwood is the number 2.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

I wouldn’t feel confident if he’s on the Irish bench for any games to be brutally honest. Surely Westwood is the number 2.

I'd rather have Kelleher on the bench but realistically it's better for him to get game time with the u21s to aid his international development 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 9:04pm
Tbf to Doyle, he's been very good for Hearts since coming into the team. He does seem to have a bad mistake in him every now and then though.

On an aside, Conor Shaughnessy seems to have split opinion since going there on loan; playing very well in some games, and very poorly in others.
We're decent enough..
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 9:10pm
Westwood has to be no. 2 behind Rudolph
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Westwood has to be no. 2 behind Rudolph

Is that Rudolph with the shiny red  nose ? Wink
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:32pm
Doyle and Shaughnessy dropped today. Harsh on Doyle,  he had been doing well since he came in, yet he makes 1 bad mistake and gets dropped. Poor man management imo.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:41pm
Hearts have signed Man Utd's Joel Pereira on loan. Bizarre he only recently signed a contract extension considering this probably pushes him further down the pecking order.
We're decent enough..
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Hearts have signed Man Utd's Joel Pereira on loan. Bizarre he only recently signed a contract extension considering this probably pushes him further down the pecking order.

Now this is only from what I've seen of Colin Doyle on highlights. So this is admittedly flawed analysis on my part.

Last season he was very erratic in goal for Hearts. He was capable of some cracking saves and had a couple of good games against both the Ugly Sisters. However he was also prone to some really shocking mistakes. 

With the fans increasingly turning against Craig Levein, he has to find someone more consistent for such a crucial position. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 5:50pm
Maybe, but his record was superior to Zlamal's both in terms of clean-sheets  to games ratio and goals conceded per game, so it seemed a bit harsh that he was banished after one bad mistake. Doyle's kicking is very poor, that's always been his problem. In any case, it's strange they offered him a new deal only to sign another keeper.
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 5:57pm

Maybe, but his record was superior to Zlamal's both in terms of clean-sheets  to games ratio and goals conceded per game, so it seemed a bit harsh that he was banished after one bad mistake. Doyle's kicking is very poor, that's always been his problem. In any case, it's strange they offered him a new deal only to sign another keeper.

He hasn't been dropped after just one mistake though. He made quite a few last season. 

They still need a backup goalie and Doyle seems settled in Embra. Therefore a new contract makes sense.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:18pm
He played 11 games and kept 6 cleans sheets conceding just 9 goals, so he couldn't have made that many mistakes, in fact it's actually a fairly impressive record. He was dropped immediately after a bad mistake to Motherwell and wasn't given another chance thereafter, so it's blatantly obvious that was the main reason he was dropped.
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:23pm

He played 11 games and kept 6 cleans sheets conceding just 9 goals, so he couldn't have made that many mistakes, in fact it's actually a fairly impressive record. He was dropped immediately after a bad mistake to Motherwell and wasn't given another chance thereafter, so it's blatantly obvious that was the main reason he was dropped.

Well he's hardly the new Jim Cruickshank is he ? 

I'm sure you have several other (and better) Irish goalkeepers than Colin Doyle anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic