You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

My favourite coffee is a Cortado  but most places dont do it so I ask for a double espresso with so hot milk on the side and then pour in the required amount.  
Cafe Nero do them very tasty! Foam in Terenure do a great coffee too. Have to agree Starbucks is horrible coffee.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:24am
I like Starbucks coffee, probably because in work we had costa and I hated it and the Starbucks coffee was a lot smoother.

I wouldn't drink many of the main brands apart from Insomnia.

In spar and petrol station shops that sell Insomnia wouldn't be the same as what you'd get in the Insomnia coffee shops.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:27am
Jezzzzz Starmucks has to be the worst .

Costa and Neros are among best i would say .

Anyone to takes Milk or suger in their coffee is a to$$er ...............
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:40am
I like coffee the way I like my men - black and strong.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Or they have different.opinion to you.   I would have thought you of all people would take it anyway you can get it.  :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:59am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ranking coffees that i regularly drink from best to worst

Costa
Frank and Honest
McDonalds
Barista Bar
Starbucks
Café Nero
The one from the machine in the shop part of the Applegreen

Think it depends on the country you're in tbh. McDonald'coffee is very nice at home but absolute p*ss abroad.

Starbucks is nicer in Dubai than it is in Ireland.

I like a strong tasting coffee so would have to say the worst I've ever tasted would be the one that you get from the machine in the Circle K garages, it's water with a subtle hint of coffee.
circle K is poxy...add a shot or 2 of expresso,then hit the cappuccino buttonClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:05am
Starbucks is the only place I find the coffee tastes noticeably bad. Everywhere else is at least ok but Starbucks is just awful. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:10am
Going by the comments here you would have to wonder why Starbucks are so popular and able to open up a new branch in nearly every half decent premises that becomes available in Dublin. They seem to be everywhere. 
Surely it's more than free wifi!

Why are people so gullible? 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Going by the comments here you would have to wonder why Starbucks are so popular and able to open up a new branch in nearly every half decent premises that becomes available in Dublin. They seem to be everywhere. 
Surely it's more than free wifi!

Why are people so gullible? 

Shock horror posters on ybig are in no way a representative of the customer base of Starbucks.  How many women post here.  How many teenagers post here.  How many people from minority communities post here.  Not having a pop but cause a few lrish lads on ybig largely between the ages of 25 and 55 dont like starbucks I dont think its going impact their share price.   Ybig is a mono culture to a large extent.

Edited by Baldrick - 13 Aug 2020 at 10:21am
AKA pedantic kunt
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Nespresso first thing in the morning  on way to Gym, another Nespresso before work,  another Nespresso at about 3.30 and would have a Nespresso Decaf at about 8.30 that night before bed. Spend about €70 every 6 weeks on Coffee.

BTW all instant Coffees are generally absolute f**king muck and anyone who tells you different knows f**k all about Coffee. 

Didn't the poster Nero from many moons ago setup a few Coffee shops around Tipp? 

Pretty much the same but I have espresso before bed deffo spend 30-40 a month with Nespresso 

Instant coffee is turd water

Can’t agree I’m agreeing with you....first time for everything 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:55am
Must admit I'm posting this from a Starbucks right now ironically, had to get out of the house for a few hours and they have the best facilities for working (big space, lots of seperation). They do a decent Blueberry muffin.

This is the instant coffee I drink when working from home

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Nespresso first thing in the morning  on way to Gym, another Nespresso before work,  another Nespresso at about 3.30 and would have a Nespresso Decaf at about 8.30 that night before bed. Spend about €70 every 6 weeks on Coffee.

BTW all instant Coffees are generally absolute f**king muck and anyone who tells you different knows f**k all about Coffee. 

Didn't the poster Nero from many moons ago setup a few Coffee shops around Tipp? 

Pretty much the same but I have espresso before bed deffo spend 30-40 a month with Nespresso 

I suppose you need to get into the right frame of mind for a bit of hand galloping with the crusty sock 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:14pm
Anybody that goes to a coffee shop to work should be in a gulag. They seem to share a huge space on the Venn diagram of ****s with Lycra fetishists.

deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

I suppose you need to get into the right frame of mind for a bit of hand galloping with the crusty sock 

At least I can fit mine in my hand yours would get lost 😂
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:21pm
LOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:28pm
Get free coffee in work but haven’t been in the office since March so don’t think I’ve had a coffee since then. 

Would have anything between 5-10 cups of tea a day.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:38pm

Or they have different.opinion to you.   I would have thought you of all people would take it anyway you can get it.  :) 
I think if you love coffee why water it down or make it sweeter .

I knew a lads many years ago who drank Whiskey and lime Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 1:04pm

I think if you love coffee why water it down or make it sweeter .

I knew a lad many years ago who drank Whiskey and lime Confused
You should put that in your book as well 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic