You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Hard to believe something as small and simple as a coffee cup could evoke so much feeling
Pretty much anything can evoke strong opinions around here
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Hard to believe something as small and simple as a coffee cup could evoke so much feeling
Pretty much anything can evoke strong opinions around here

f**k off I've never overreacted to to anything on here Angry
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Ever go up to a Starbucks and give them a mad name just to see how they spell it?

Yet to step inside one.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

PM's mini dissertation has hit the nail on the head. You lads who drink coffee are dandy posers.

Accept it and move on.
OK , now I must say I have been called many things but never Dandy Poser LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 3:37pm
For anyone that want's to make a decent coffee at home or the office get the Aero Press, costs about €35. I used to buy a few coffees a week from the shops but not anymore. Have one in work nowadays and it makes a really good coffee from Lidl grounded coffee which is about €3. 

read any reviews and it gets very high marks like this one

I was told about it by a good few people before eventually getting one. Bought one for my mam as well - can't get a higher recommendation than that Cool

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Coffee itself is fine, drinking it crosses the line though it seems

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

For anyone that want's to make a decent coffee at home or the office get the Aero Press, costs about €35. I used to buy a few coffees a week from the shops but not anymore. Have one in work nowadays and it makes a really good coffee from Lidl grounded coffee which is about €3. 

read any reviews and it gets very high marks like this one

I was told about it by a good few people before eventually getting one. Bought one for my mam as well - can't get a higher recommendation than that Cool

An absolute game changer. Got wan for my da at christmas and he loves the thing.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Ever go up to a Starbucks and give them a mad name just to see how they spell it?

In the Star Wars spin off movie "Rogue One", there is a planet called Scarif.
This planet features heavily in the film and the director was trying to come up with a name for this planet.
The directors name is Gareth Edwards, he went to a Starbucks, and when they asked his name to write on his coffee cup he said "It's Gareth".
When he got the cup a few mins later he saw that they had written "Scarif" on it.
So he went back to work and said the planet will be called Scarif.

.....back to sleep.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 7:49pm
Starbucks just opened in Galway.  On a whim I decided to get a cup of cappucino.  I was aked for my name (for some reason) and said I want a ceramic cup.  So she writes my name on a sticker and sticks it on the cup. Bizzare. Wait 5 mins with some other trendy young go getters waiting for my name to called.  After ages my name is called. ''What do I win!? What do I win?!'' I thought as I eagerly waded aggressively through 5 people deep crowd to claim my prize.  Disappointingly it's a cup of coffee. I felt slightly let down as I looked for a seat as I rued not being their 100th customer.  In need of a leak before downing the trendy fluid, I discovered the store did not have such a facility.  I needed to go badly enough and was advised that the nearest bog was 500 yds away besides Dunnes Stores. ''Fiddlesticks'' I thought as I rested my weary feet.  The coffee would surely lift my mood.  Wrong.  The coffee was muck. Overpriced muck.  I swiftly forced the rest of it down my throat lest waste money. I was going to get every cent worth of this sh*te. 

Not a patch on Costa Coffee.   Was in America lately.  Their coffee is pure sh*te. To repeat: Their coffee is pure sh*te.  Italy and France have the best coffee.  America have this black water.  Ask for a cappucino and its like what I can only imagine drinking faecal water tastes like.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:21pm
Italian coffee is the best, hands down.

I mean, even on their trains, the *trollies* have espresso machines. Here, you get tepid brown water in a plastic cup. There, the trollies each have a f**king espresso machine, never mind the actual restaurant car.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Italian coffee is the best, hands down.

I mean, even on their trains, the *trollies* have espresso machines. Here, you get tepid brown water in a plastic cup. There, the trollies each have a f**king espresso machine, never mind the actual restaurant car.

Do the trollies on Italian trains have an espresso machine do u know?
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:45am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

In the Star Wars spin off movie "Rogue One", there is a planet called Scarif.
This planet features heavily in the film and the director was trying to come up with a name for this planet.
The directors name is Gareth Edwards, he went to a Starbucks, and when they asked his name to write on his coffee cup he said "It's Gareth".
When he got the cup a few mins later he saw that they had written "Scarif" on it.
So he went back to work and said the planet will be called Scarif.

.....back to sleep.....

Cool story...i always give them mad foreign names that have silent letters or pronunciations

My favourite so far Joaquin which became wackin

Or Döcke which was Hockey.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:43am
On the very, very, very odd occasion that I had to go into Starbucks as there was no-where else around, I always, always give a false name.

Agree with others, Starbucks is not a patch on Costa.

Speaking of Gareth Edwards ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwCbG4I0QyA
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:05am
Costa is muck.

Love Starbucks
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:08am
Starbucks
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:19am
Bless you both.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 1:02pm
We've got Bewleys, Insomnia & Seattle's Best Coffee machines in the job. I used to have about 4 or 5 a day but just drink tea now in work. I'd say Bewleys is the nicest of the three.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 1:32pm
Which is nicer? A latte or a cappucino? I have yet to sample a cappucino.
Ahh heya!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic