You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Climate Change Apocalypse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Twitter is a dangerous cesspit. It’s absolutely galling what you can read on that kip 

Agreed. And that can apply to both sides of any debate.

I find it interesting how we can take a side of an "expert" we know little about and have never met but can condemn another with a different point of view, whom we know little about and have never met.

IMO the climate thing can be a compete fabrication to make rich people richer or be a very real threat to us and our planet. I find it odd how any of us who have no background on the subject can completely nail their colours to one mast and totally dismiss the other.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Twitter is a dangerous cesspit. It’s absolutely galling what you can read on that kip 

Agreed. And that can apply to both sides of any debate.

I find it interesting how we can take a side of an "expert" we know little about and have never met but can condemn another with a different point of view, whom we know little about and have never met.

IMO the climate thing can be a compete fabrication to make rich people richer or be a very real threat to us and our planet. I find it odd how any of us who have no background on the subject can completely nail their colours to one mast and totally dismiss the other.

I have full trust in billionaire weirdos, especially Bill Gates. The man who has so much control over world health. The same man who was great mates with Jeffrey Epstein

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 3:13pm
Some of the most powerful, influential and wealthiest people in the history of the species are so because of oil and gas. So the idea that climate change is a scam dreamt up by billionaires just doesn't stand up
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 3:46pm
Thats hugely naive Mark. There is always the next thing..

Whatever happens, Oil and Gas have had their day. Renewables and electricity are now the driving force and are already billion dollar industries. 

Ask those who have electric cars or heat pumps - the prices to run those started low as an incentive. Now the costs to run are rising and will continue to do so. When they soon become the sole way to heat your home and to drive your car the prices will be open to exploitation to benefit investors in that industry. As someone in the gas and oil trade, this is clearly happening already.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Thats hugely naive Mark. There is always the next thing..

Whatever happens, Oil and Gas have had their day. Renewables and electricity are now the driving force and are already billion dollar industries. 

Ask those who have electric cars or heat pumps - the prices to run those started low as an incentive. Now the costs to run are rising and will continue to do so. When they soon become the sole way to heat your home and to drive your car the prices will be open to exploitation to benefit investors in that industry. As someone in the gas and oil trade, this is clearly happening already.

And food. Look who is buying huge amounts of farmland in the US and creating lab meat..

I

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 5:13pm
If you don't think climate change is a thing just look out your door. We're just going to have to get user to much more eractic weather in this country. Also think you'll get climate refugees too with forest fires and floods happening to people closer to the equator.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

If you don't think climate change is a thing just look out your door. We're just going to have to get user to much more eractic weather in this country. Also think you'll get climate refugees too with forest fires and floods happening to people closer to the equator.

Everyone knows it's a thing. It's what is causing it that people question.

inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Overpopulation is what is causing the problem. And reducing the ability to deal with it. 

Any point through time that things get better, humanity just breeds to a point where problems come again. 

People lived in near starvation until agricultural methods were developed and then, instead of everyone living comfortably, they bred like rabbits and all got hungry again. 

If we can solve the climate issue, there will be a population boom and some other existential crisis will present itself. 

Dispassionately, the only hope for the world is a big war, pandemic or famine to thin the population out. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 1:01am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Overpopulation is what is causing the problem. And reducing the ability to deal with it. 

Any point through time that things get better, humanity just breeds to a point where problems come again. 

People lived in near starvation until agricultural methods were developed and then, instead of everyone living comfortably, they bred like rabbits and all got hungry again. 

If we can solve the climate issue, there will be a population boom and some other existential crisis will present itself. 

Dispassionately, the only hope for the world is a big war, pandemic or famine to thin the population out. 

Or people getting older. 
By the middle of the century there will be a peak in world populations and then it will drastically drop again.
It would damage this forums' reputation
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Or people getting older. 
By the middle of the century there will be a peak in world populations and then it will drastically drop again.

I think there needs to be a massive thinning out, all at once. 

Any gradual reduction in population which makes the world more liveable will just result in a population increase to bring us back to uncomfortable levels.

I studied Thomas Malthus in Geography lessons in school. 

I initially thought that Covid was going to be one of his population control events. If it had rapidly wiped out half the world’s population, particularly targeting older people as initially suggested, you can bet that man made climate change would have decreased. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 12:32pm

Or people getting older. 

The Thanos effect.
He wasn't so bad.

Edited by darmack - 25 Sep 2023 at 12:32pm
The dark side.. And the light
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 7:52pm

Or people getting older. 

Any gradual reduction in population which makes the world more liveable will just result in a population increase to bring us back to uncomfortable levels.

I initially thought that Covid was going to be one of his population control events. If it had rapidly wiped out half the world’s population, particularly targeting older people as initially suggested, you can bet that man made climate change would have decreased. 

Eh hang on there chief I'm glad covid didn't kill my parents and all their friends LOL

It would damage this forums' reputation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 8:39pm
Harold Shipman is posting on here I see 
AKA pedantic kunt
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 9:06pm

Or people getting older. 

Eh hang on there chief I'm glad covid didn't kill my parents and all their friends LOL

No doubt it would have resulted in untold human misery. But I’ve stated above that, dispassionately, it is a solution to the climate crisis. 

Buying a €100k Tesla, a €2k carbon fibre bicycle, recycling all your rubbish, and having four kids isn’t the answer. It just allows people to feel good about themselves. 

And not having four kids isn’t great either because an ageing population requires a production line beneath them to support them into their old age. 

I don’t foresee the end of humanity, or the end of earth, but I do think there will be a large population shock, which will bring numbers down, make the world more livable and then there will be a period of growth back up to an unsustainable level once more. 

There’s no doubt though that that population shock will consist of billions of tragedies and mournings. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 9:18pm
Ffs it's Monday.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 9:57pm

Or people getting older. 

No doubt it would have resulted in untold human misery. But I’ve stated above that, dispassionately, it is a solution to the climate crisis. 

Buying a €100k Tesla, a €2k carbon fibre bicycle, recycling all your rubbish, and having four kids isn’t the answer. It just allows people to feel good about themselves. 

And not having four kids isn’t great either because an ageing population requires a production line beneath them to support them into their old age. 

I don’t foresee the end of humanity, or the end of earth, but I do think there will be a large population shock, which will bring numbers down, make the world more livable and then there will be a period of growth back up to an unsustainable level once more. 

There’s no doubt though that that population shock will consist of billions of tragedies and mournings. 

Some bundles of f**king joy in this thread. Jesus lads. 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Or people getting older. 

Some bundles of f**king joy in this thread. Jesus lads. 

It wasn’t me who started talking about climate change. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 6:29pm
Weather has been poxy this year so far.  Very cold and wet even for here.

The once tropical west coast has been decimated by chilly winds.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic