You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Climate Change Apocalypse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 10:33pm
Hes a bleeedin Lula, him. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 10:39pm
Pollsters predicting a Lula win now. Big voter suppression exercises earlier by the Federal Highway Police, controlled by a Bolsonaro ally, conducting hundreds of illegal roadblocks stopping buses taking Lula voters to the polls. There will be bloodshed tonight and for some time to come.

Edited by Green Cockade - 30 Oct 2022 at 10:52pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 12:03am
Lula wins. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 12:43am
President Biden: “ I send my congratulations to Luiz Ignacio Lula da Silva on his election to be the next President of Brazil following free, fair and credible elections. I look forward to working together to continue the co-operation between our two countries.”
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 9:01am
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 9:50am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

https://clintel.org/nobel-prize-winner-dr-john-f-clauser-signs-the-clintel-world-climate-declaration/

Thoughts ?

Climate denial group funded by billionaire brothers with billions invested in fossil fuels and mining gets one Nobel laureate to supper them.

Meanwhile, the many dozens of others currently alive say nothing or are on n the other side? Not sure it's quite the win they're making it out to be. 

Edited by nvidic - 24 Sep 2023 at 9:50am
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 10:39am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

https://clintel.org/nobel-prize-winner-dr-john-f-clauser-signs-the-clintel-world-climate-declaration/

Thoughts ?

Climate denial group funded by billionaire brothers with billions invested in fossil fuels and mining gets one Nobel laureate to supper them.

Meanwhile, the many dozens of others currently alive say nothing or are on n the other side? Not sure it's quite the win they're making it out to be. 

Does this not work both ways?

Climate scientists are heavily funded and lose funding if they go the other way?

Plenty of experts say there is no empirical proof humans are causing the damage.

The Milankovitch cycles - the fact the earth spins closer to the sun at times - makes more sense to me. 

Maybe it's a mixture of both?

Co2 makes up 0.03 per cent of the atmosphere. How can that cause all the damage?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 10:43am
But that's a 50% increase since pre industrial times. So it's reasonable that that sort of an increase would have an effect on a fragile system
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 10:46am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Thoughts ?

Climate scientists are heavily funded and lose funding if they go the other way?

Plenty of experts say there is no empirical proof humans are causing the damage.

The Milankovitch cycles - the fact the earth spins closer to the sun at times - makes more sense to me. 

Co2 makes up 0.03 per cent of the atmosphere. How can that cause all the damage?

I dunno Ger, but the vast majority of experts much smarter than us both believe we're causing it by and large, and that's good enough for me. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 10:51am
When the margins are tight, big percentage changes to small things can have a huge impact.  

Average temps going up by a degree or two have huge impacts but most people don’t get that because in Ireland the weather changes by 15 degrees from one day to the next in Ireland.  

It’s like a football team preparing for a final.  99% is their skillset and fitness etc etc but the small margins can make the difference.  
AKA pedantic kunt
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

When the margins are tight, big percentage changes to small things can have a huge impact.  

Average temps going up by a degree or two have huge impacts but most people don’t get that because in Ireland the weather changes by 15 degrees from one day to the next in Ireland.  

It’s like a football team preparing for a final.  99% is their skillset and fitness etc etc but the small margins can make the difference.  

I just find it mad that so little can cause so much damage.

I also find it mad that the Milankovitch cycle is never mentioned in these conversations 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 11:27am

Thoughts ?

I dunno Ger, but the vast majority of experts much smarter than us both believe we're causing it by and large, and that's good enough for me. 

Is it a vast majority though? Seems to be many people a lot smarter than us who dispute it too.

If it's so clear cut, why are there so many who are sceptical? 

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 11:44am
Going to be skeptics on anything, and always has been, but the vast majority are agreed. I'd imagine they'll look back on fifty years and wonder how anyone doubted it. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 12:00pm

Thoughts ?

Is it a vast majority though? Seems to be many people a lot smarter than us who dispute it too.

Approx what percentage of experts are skeptical?
El Puto Amo
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Thoughts ?

Approx what percentage of experts are skeptical?

Not a clue. They pop up All over Twitter.
Maybe I'm just following the wrong people
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 12:55pm
Twitter is a dangerous cesspit. It’s absolutely galling what you can read on that kip 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Twitter is a dangerous cesspit. It’s absolutely galling what you can read on that kip 

XLOL

A few news agencies actually refer to it as ''the website formerly known as Twitter'.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 12:59pm
Maybe a trip to the library is the answer rather than twitter 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic