You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Climate Change Apocalypse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 4:53am
I read somewhere that the way we farm animals in Ireland is a lot better for the environment then the south American cattle farmers for example or American. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 5:16am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

You might want to read back on the thread.

ha yeah they did LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 10:15am
Can scientists not modify a cow some how and get rid of the methane gas? 

Or the best they came up with is plant based burgers?
The dark side.. And the light
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 11:05am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

i'm not a veggie but have to say some of these burgers are so good you couldn't tell if it was meat or not. had a vegan hot dog last and i swear i was wondering if they'd actually handed me the meaty version.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

i'm not a veggie but have to say some of these burgers are so good you couldn't tell if it was meat or not. had a vegan hot dog last and i swear i was wondering if they'd actually handed me the meaty version.

I've tried a good few of the plant based burgers. The basic burgers (tye you get from freezers, McDonalds, Burger King, it's tough to tell they're meat-free. The proper mince-based ones are a different story, I'm yet to find one that mimics the texture 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I've tried a good few of the plant based burgers. The basic burgers (tye you get from freezers, McDonalds, Burger King, it's tough to tell they're meat-free. The proper mince-based ones are a different story, I'm yet to find one that mimics the texture 

i don't know if you can get these in m&s in ireland but their no beef burgers are the best veggie/vegan burgers i've tried. i'd challenge anyone to try them and say they don't taste like the meat version.

i mostly eat these for health reasons more than anything else.

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Jul 2022 at 12:21pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 12:35pm
What health reasons, if you don't mind me asking CY2K ?
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 12:54pm

He doesn't like to put 7 inches of meat in his mouth.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 1:57pm

well for a start health professionals say we should eat little to no red meat and the WHO has classified processed meat as a carcinogen. 

i cut way back on the consumption of red and processed meat. i probably have a burger or whatever once every few months. i'd rather eat chicken, fish or veggie options when out and about. i only ever have seafood or veggie options at home and i feel so much better for it. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 2:03pm

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

i don't know if you can get these in m&s in ireland but their no beef burgers are the best veggie/vegan burgers i've tried. i'd challenge anyone to try them and say they don't taste like the meat version.

i mostly eat these for health reasons more than anything else.

I must check that out. 

Yeah BB, to echo CY2K, our bodies aren't designed for so much meat, humans never had access to meat every day in the old days, a few plant-based days is great for the body. Feels far fresher after it.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 2:48pm
I don't know lads. Given that the professionals gave us the food pyramid which has had it's share in contributing to the obesity epidemic personally, id be reluctant to take someone's word and run with that for the rest of my days. There are many nutritionists today who believe that the food pyramid should be inverted.

In terms of particular diets leading to an individual having more energy, there seems to be similar stories from both the plant based and fat/meat based crowds. For me, I think every body is different and each of us react to diets in a different way. 

For what it's worth , for over 20 years I've suffered from ulcerative colitis which is a form of IBS. An absolute **** of a thing when it flares up and in that time I've tried every diet under the sun to calm a flare up. A couple of years back I followed a study on a meat based diet by colitis sufferers during a flare up. I decided to give it a go and within a few days my symptoms began to ease (as a side note - the only other thing which works , to an absolute tee is nicotine so I quit quitting smoking and now currently vape. Bastarding things). 

While further looking into the meat based diet, I came across a true story of an explorer who observed the eating habits(meat only) of the eskimos, noting their high life expectancy and the lack of sickness among their people. He decided to go home and eat nothing but meat for one year, while under constant medical screening. After a year his levels of everything (cant remember which ones exactly) where well above the average and he was in perfect health. He keep a high meat diet until he died, age 94. 

All said , Im of the opinion that too much of anything will kill ya. Get it all in in moderation.

Just some food for thought Wink

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He doesn't like to put 7 inches of meat in his mouth.

LOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 4:26pm
Has anyone tried the Cultured Meat (man made)
https://www.sciencefocus.com/science/what-is-lab-grown-meat-a-scientist-explains-the-taste-production-and-safety-of-artificial-foods/

I recall reading about them a few years ago and a high level chef tried a burger and said he couldn't tell the difference. I'd have thought they'd be more commercially available by now 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 5:17pm
Meat made in a lab with zero knowledge of the long term effects on the human body.

I'll pass, thanks.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 5:36pm

Meat made in a lab with zero knowledge of the long term effects on the human body.

I'll pass, thanks.

Says the man smoking electricity LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 5:52pm
LOL 

If it's safe and tastes the same then it would be a great way to transition away from intense animal farming and help lower carbon outputs. 

There will be some battles ahead between the farming community and governments but if consumers switch or most likely use both then there isn't much they can do 

Edited by Artie Ziff - 22 Jul 2022 at 5:56pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'll pass, thanks.

Says the man smoking electricity LOL

A green party poster boy I am. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 4:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic