You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Climate Change Apocalypse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Climate Change Apocalypse
    Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:39pm
The recent report that we have 10 years to reduce x amount - will not be reached. The world population is set to increase by 2.3 billion by 2050 Confused

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/8/17948832/climate-change-global-warming-un-ipcc-report

So basically we are f**ked. The Earth will just burp and fart away and wipe out billions of the population until things settle down, in a 1000 or whatever numebr of years. 

Ireland's record in reducing it's emissions targets by 2020 are pathetic, bit like JD's and the FAI's plans to be debt free then too 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:07pm
Millennium bug multiply 1000....

some experts say there is a problem while other experts say rising sea levels, temps etc etc is the natural orrance of the Earth. 

imho its a revenue raising exercise by governments & agencies. by 2050 we will be after living though another 5 or 6 scares/conspiracies which resulted in the individual(s) spending money on the potential scare/conspiracies  by paying tax on it to reflective governments or agencies. 

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:42pm
People always think climate change is what's going to do us in. Over population is the biggest issue the planet faces.

As Hoskins says 2.3billion people increase by 2050 is just insane.

Can't wait to hear Plannings thoughts on this. I'm sure they'll be well informed and educational as always.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:48pm
Denis Quaid knows what to do, we'll be fine.. 

Edited by ShamtheRam - 11 Oct 2018 at 1:49pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:12pm
I'm sure I read a UN(?) report a few years back warning of water wars in the not too distant future.
We're the Saudi Arabia of water. If we could find a way of stopping it flowing into the sea after it falls from the sky we'd make billions selling the stuff to countries around the world.   
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:16pm
Sure have a read about the Ethiopian Grand Renaissance Dam. This s**t is starting already. They're damning the Nile (and right by their border too, for maximum effect) and the Egyptians are quite far from happy about it.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I'm sure I read a UN(?) report a few years back warning of water wars in the not too distant future.
We're the Saudi Arabia of water. If we could find a way of stopping it flowing into the sea after it falls from the sky we'd make billions selling the stuff to countries around the world.   

GIANT POTS!!!

Edited by lassassinblanc - 11 Oct 2018 at 2:24pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:27pm
I like your blue sky thinking lass
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:29pm
We are living in the goldilocks zone, and we are starting to see the weather affects changing here already. 

Firenado's were unheard of until recently, basically it's the heat of a furnace with speeds of a tornado. There was one in California during the summer. Trucks shreded and thrown hundreds of metres into the air, mad sh*t
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

We are living in the goldilocks zone, and we are starting to see the weather affects changing here already. 

Firenado's were unheard of until recently, basically it's the heat of a furnace with speeds of a tornado. There was one in California during the summer. Trucks shreded and thrown hundreds of metres into the air, mad sh*t
It’s the Sharknados you really have to worry about.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:32pm
Firenado sounds like a really terrible Hollywood movie
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Tell that to the people of Tokyo

look up the Kanto earthquake
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:45pm
My aul boy today “one good thing about being old is not having to worry about what’s facing you lot”

Nice one pops

Edited by McG - 11 Oct 2018 at 2:45pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:46pm

They say if the Dutch lived in Ireland they would feed the whole World.

Lazy Irish farmers looking for handouts.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

They say if the Dutch lived in Ireland they would feed the whole World.

Lazy Irish farmers looking for handouts.
Who are they?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:55pm

We actually don't get that much rainfall. We rank about 80th in the world. 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Yeah, bt ours is entirely wet.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

That's probably because the default weather condition for this country - i.e windy piss, actually doesn't produce that large a volume of water.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic