You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cliftonville Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 67>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

Joe Gormley has just equalled the most goals ever scored for Cville. Clap

Equalled the record set by Da's uncle

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He plays in the Irish League for Cliftonville.
You can still have local heroes and legends for clubs who aren't professional or top quality you know.

who are a pubs league team in a pubs league. 

or if it helps you

who are a brit team in a prod league... better?? 

Whatever floats your boat 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 7:36am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

More religious nonsense in football. Who gives a f**k about either of these teams. Same as the bullsh*t in Scotland. Who gives a monkeys πŸ€”

me, i find the league a lot more interesting than anything England or Scotland has to offer. the standard of football is of course a million miles behind, but it has a feel of what football should be, local fans on the terraces, talking sh*te, giving dogs abuse to the officials and opposing fans. None of these jokes on 100s of thousands who care not a jot about their clubs or those who support them. the football in England has went to the dogs. Theyre businesses now, success means nothing to the boards. All about the money and bt and sky are part of the problem, normal working class people from the like of Manchester and Liverpool etc priced out of watching their teams to accommodate some lad from Dublin / india or wherever for a day out, who for the most part in reality have zero affiliation to any club in England. Of course you can support who you want, I find it rather embarrassing myself to see grown men with the names of the like of pogba, salah, aguero on their shirts and claim to be big fans off a club that means fa to them not to mention a club from a completely different country. it should mean something to you to follow a club especially a club close to home. A club who are interested in their own communities. I know people find it hard as they find it easy to tow themselves about the living room to Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher, Then claim to be a massive fan off said club, do one. Will never get the feeling or delirium of standing at a game getting a last minute winner against your derby rivals away from home. The weekly emotions you can only get when at a game, with the same faces you've been everywhere with throughout the years. Give me that any day of the week over watching that embarrassment in England & Spain.  

No local  teams to follow in Armagh?

PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

More religious nonsense in football. Who gives a f**k about either of these teams. Same as the bullsh*t in Scotland. Who gives a monkeys πŸ€”

me, i find the league a lot more interesting than anything England or Scotland has to offer. the standard of football is of course a million miles behind, but it has a feel of what football should be, local fans on the terraces, talking sh*te, giving dogs abuse to the officials and opposing fans. None of these jokes on 100s of thousands who care not a jot about their clubs or those who support them. the football in England has went to the dogs. Theyre businesses now, success means nothing to the boards. All about the money and bt and sky are part of the problem, normal working class people from the like of Manchester and Liverpool etc priced out of watching their teams to accommodate some lad from Dublin / india or wherever for a day out, who for the most part in reality have zero affiliation to any club in England. Of course you can support who you want, I find it rather embarrassing myself to see grown men with the names of the like of pogba, salah, aguero on their shirts and claim to be big fans off a club that means fa to them not to mention a club from a completely different country. it should mean something to you to follow a club especially a club close to home. A club who are interested in their own communities. I know people find it hard as they find it easy to tow themselves about the living room to Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher, Then claim to be a massive fan off said club, do one. Will never get the feeling or delirium of standing at a game getting a last minute winner against your derby rivals away from home. The weekly emotions you can only get when at a game, with the same faces you've been everywhere with throughout the years. Give me that any day of the week over watching that embarrassment in England & Spain.  

Glenavon and Portadown are very close to me, along with Lurgan celtic. But I was born in a house in linden gardens, right next to solitude, lived there till I was old enough to leave home, got a decent job here was my reasoning for moving. About 20 mile down the road which takes no time to get to. So local enough to me still.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:34pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Glenavon and Portadown are very close to me, along with Lurgan celtic. But I was born in a house in linden gardens, right next to solitude, lived there till I was old enough to leave home, got a decent job here was my reasoning for moving. About 20 mile down the road which takes no time to get to. So local enough to me still.

Thumbs Up
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:35pm

You can still have local heroes and legends for clubs who aren't professional or top quality you know.

or if it helps you

LOLLOLLOL A prod league, Christ the night, anyone who defines a league in such a way as yourself clearly has issues.

A pub league is a bit disrespectful, a lot of dedication goes into running these clubs and a lot of people give up their time to ensure these clubs still operate. The football is competitive, the fans are passionate and while it may seem a pub league to you and others, that's far from the case. You are possibly one of these "pub" supporters who sit on the stool shouting instructions to the t.v to your heros like they can hear you.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:38pm

or if it helps you

LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:43pm

or if it helps you

LOLLOLLOL A prod league, Christ the night, anyone who defines a league in such a way as yourself clearly has issues.

A pub league is a bit disrespectful, a lot of dedication goes into running these clubs and a lot of people give up their time to ensure these clubs still operate. The football is competitive, the fans are passionate and while it may seem a pub league to you and others, that's far from the case. You are possibly one of these "pub" supporters who sit on the stool shouting instructions to the t.v to your heros like they can hear you.
ah dont mind the scientist, not the brightest bulb and all that..In fairness he does follow Irish teams, he’s very passionate about the Ireland rugby team, Celtic and Waterford footballers in GAA.

Edited by Sham157 - 02 Oct 2018 at 1:50pm
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:59pm
North Belfast derby with Crusaders at Seaview on Friday night Thumbs Up
Televised on BBC2 as well
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

I noticed that, apart form Cup Finals when have BBC last showed a live Irish League Game.

Would pop upto watch Warrenpoint the odd Saturday as few lads from town played their last year and this year is basically a Dundalk team!
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

I noticed that, apart form Cup Finals when have BBC last showed a live Irish League Game.

Would pop upto watch Warrenpoint the odd Saturday as few lads from town played their last year and this year is basically a Dundalk team!

They are showing both semi finals this year and 5 league games live before the end of 2018
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 11:38pm
Last minute winner from Joe the goal Gormley again today against Glentoran, decent match, loads of chances second half for both teams. Cliftonville missed two 1 on 1 before winner. Gormley on the WKD again after LOL
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 1:21pm
do you go to the games every week bogball?
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 11:57pm
Yeah try and get to most home games on a Saturday anyway. Easy to get to and the social club sells pint sized cans Big smile
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 10:50am
go to most them myself, id more than likely recognise you id imagine. You going on Saturday, im usually in the club around half 1 or 2 if youre about.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:03am

go to most them myself, id more than likely recognise you id imagine. You going on Saturday, im usually in the club around half 1 or 2 if youre about.

Think the game is Monday night at home to Newry?
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:23am
You are right, Must be on sky, just seen Newry next up and assumed it was Saturday
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:31am
Bogball and PaulB in Clubhouse before game:

BOG: like me new Che Guevara T-Shirt?
PaulB. Che looks better on a Tricolour.

go back drinking their cheap cans...

PaulB: like me new Palestinian Flag?
BOG: nah, looks better on a Tricolour

go back drinking their cheap cans...

BOG: BRITISH BASTARDS!!! 
PaulB: oh uh uh BRITISH BASTARDS

The life and mentality of being a Cliftonville supporter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 67>
  Share Topic