You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CiarĂ¡n Clark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 114>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CiarĂ¡n Clark
    Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 11:30am
is he eligible for Ireland, he played for england for under 18s and 20s..loked very good today against west ham
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

bossofthemoss View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossofthemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 11:59am
Met him in Wright's a few weeks ago, He's very proud of his English heritage
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 12:35pm
Thought I read somewhere that his father is Irish, could be wrong though. The FAI scouts haven't done a great job in getting players on board (senior team) so you can basically say that this fella won't be playing for us either.

Edited by grannyrule - 14 Aug 2010 at 12:42pm
donegalcelt View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegalcelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 2:18pm

From Donegal Democrat last year

By Alan Foley
Aston Villa have rewarded Ciaran Clark for his progress to date by handing the 20-year-old and two-and-a-half year professional contract.
Although London born and an England underage international, Clark has stong Donegal connections. He is the grandson of Vera Clark, originally from Moyle Hill in Milford, but presently living in Manorcunningham.

Ciaran's father Michael, although born in Edinburgh when his family were working in Scotland for a time, is a former student of Drummond National School in Ballyare and played for Milford United under Fr Michael Herrity as a teenager.

Michael eventually decided to move to England to find work and his wife Peggy, from Drumshambo, Co Leitrim, who trained as a nurse in Letterkenny General Hospital, left with him in early 1989. Michael now works with the London Underground, although makes the trip home on two or three occasions a year to visit his sizable extended family that includes the McGinleys, Lynaghs, McMonagles, Sweeneys and McCuskers.

Clark made his first team debut in August in Villa's 2-0 Premier League win and has represented England at U-17, 18 and 19 brackets, as well as being called up to the U-21 squad.

"I've been with Villa since I was 12," Clark said. "It was great to make my Premier League debut and I hope I can push on and do well for Villa. I'm grateful and thankful for the new contract and now I'm going to knuckle down and work hard.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 5:10pm
Good piece. I hope he's not another Martin Keown though.

Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 11:26am
As ever its up to the person his self to decide whether or not to join us or stay on the dark side. Once he has made his decision there is no going back. Interestingly I was reading a World Cup piece over here in am American mago and they were expecting great things from Wayne Rooney in South Africa. "Of Irish Catholic roots in Liverpool" was how the piece went on as if that made any difference. Like this lad, Rooney made his choice and fair play to him for that.....PR1CK!Big%20smile
There are friendlier places to drink.
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:14am
Delighted to hear that Ciaran Clark from Aston Villa will be playing his international football with Ireland.

Anyone seen him play? His family are from Leitrim.
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:18am
Haven't seen him but heard great things.
This 100% TP?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:22am
It was all over the media last month that Aston Villa were offering him to United as part of a deal to sign Michael Owen. Very promising future for the lad and Ireland Thumbs%20Up

I'd imagine there is only a tiny shred of truth in the rumour however anyone being linked with United must have ability Smile 

"Michael Owen could yet seal a switch to Aston Villa this January, with Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson considering a player-swap deal for the striker, with Villa centre-back Ciaran Clark going the other way" (Caughtoffside.com)

Edited by colemany2k - 11 Oct 2010 at 4:24am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:59am
it's in the Birmingham Mail and he has been unceremoniously removed from all parts off www.thefa.com

He was England under-19 and under-20 captain.
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

it's in the Birmingham Mail and he has been unceremoniously removed from all parts off www.thefa.com

He was England under-19 and under-20 captain.

Ouch OUCH....a little bit embarrassing for the FA Embarrassed

The Mirror are not happy about it either

Revealed: How Richard Dunne is snaffling potential England players for Ireland

By The Mole

Published 09:30 10/10/10 

Republic of Ireland skipper Richard Dunne has got a career ahead of him in recruitment once he retires.

Dunne talked ex-Manchester City team-mate Stephen Ireland into signing for Aston Villa in August – now he’s snaffled promising Villa defender Ciaran Clark for Ireland.

The 6ft 2ins centre half, who played for England at Under-18, 19 level and captained the Under 20s, has an Irish mother and grandparents.

Dunne said: “I overheard Clarky say that in the dressing room, so I went straight to the FAI and told them he’s going to be a top player.”

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by colemany2k - 11 Oct 2010 at 5:27am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:14am
Seriously high hopes for this lad at villa, this is great news for Ireland, good man Ciaran.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:25am
Great news and some switch! His Wiki page has been updated too.

Seems that Dicky Dunne had a hand in this.

I'd say the English FA are none too happy.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:40am
ClapClapClapClap
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:42am
He will get his chance with Villa too, think he was named MOTM after West Ham game at start of season.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:44am
Get him in for Norway.

We need a ready made replacement for Dunne who isnt getting any younger.

Great news and fair play to Dunne for acting upon his earwigging.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:52am
hopefully he can play a few games beside Dunne at villa this season
jb37 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:52am

Great stuff!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 114>
  Share Topic