You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ciarán Clark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 114>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 3:10pm
Leaving Villa has been the making of him. Hope his firm continues into March
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

With all due respect he's playing against 2nd and 3rd rate strikers?

While he's having a stellar season, I wouldn't be championing him for greatness when he's playing in the second tier of English football after being part of one of the worst teams in PL history last season.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

While he's having a stellar season, I wouldn't be championing him for greatness when he's playing in the second tier of English football after being part of one of the worst teams in PL history last season.

Where exactly was he "championing him for greatness"? FFS
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:24pm

Harsh assessment sometimes you have to go 1 step backwards to go 2 steps forwards, just look at John Egan who made 3 steps back to his current position.

The statistics speak for themselves on how colossal he's been for them - Newcastle have lost once in a match in which Clark started, won the rest.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Where exactly was he "championing him for greatness"? FFS

The praise directed towards a player playing in The Championship is a bit OTT, not to mention it was a figure of speech. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Harsh assessment sometimes you have to go 1 step backwards to go 2 steps forwards, just look at John Egan who made 3 steps back to his current position.

The statistics speak for themselves on how colossal he's been for them - Newcastle have lost once in a match in which Clark started, won the rest.

John Egan failed to make the breakthrough at a PL club as a youngster, it's a bit different to that of an established international who bombed in the PL last season and has been very much hit and miss throughout his career.

Clark is a bog standard centre halve, will never be anything more and the same goes for Duffy.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:36pm
Where did you buy the crystal ball from which told you what they'd be like in 5 years time?

They're 24 and 27, they have years ahead of them both. They are both making great development this season Clap

Edited by coyne - 20 Nov 2016 at 10:37pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:38pm

Where did you buy the crystal ball from which told you what they'd be like in 5 years time?

They're 24 and 27, they have years ahead of them both. They are both making great development this season Clap

Too many flaws in their games that's why, you get away with that in The Championship.

It gets punished in The Premiership.

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:45pm

Too many flaws in their games that's why, you get away with that in The Championship.

GD you and Newcastle will be finally swapping places this season... don't be hating on the largest team North of Birmingham Wink RAFA Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

GD you and Newcastle will be finally swapping places this season... don't be hating on the largest team North of Birmingham Wink RAFA Clap

Would that not be Man United, Liverpool, Everton, Man City etc? 

I've no issue with him playing with Newcastle, I'm glad he's doing well and which he is but ffs its in The Championship coming up against the likes of Eoin Doyle, Clayton Donaldson, Adam Le Fondre and the likes. 

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:52pm

I've no issue with him playing with Newcastle, I'm glad he's doing well and which he is but ffs its in The Championship coming up against the likes of Eoin Doyle, Clayton Donaldson, Adam Le Fondre and the likes. 

Sorry, North of Liverpool/Manchester LOL Newcastle are louder then City,Everton in fairness. 

He's also playing the likes of Scotty Hogan. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:57pm
They're not a bigger club than Man City or Everton though Wink

All of that is irrelevant, he's a good honest professional but i'd like to see how he does consistently in the PL if/when the mags get promoted. 

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:07pm

Sorry, North of Liverpool/Manchester LOL Newcastle are louder then City,Everton in fairness. 

Dubious knowledge of geography there from a man who is supposed to fly aeroplanes around the UK for a living.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:09pm
LOL
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:37pm

Jaysus GD I hardly said he's turned into Maldini all of a sudden!! The change of scenery has made a huge difference though you can't deny that. His form since the Euros has been very good. Newcastle have won 11/12 games he's played in so far. He was excellent in Vienna last week too. I think we're seeing the dividends of 2 manager who have faith in Ciaran, he's a confidence player I think. There are still question marks over Duffy, for me Clark is our number 1 CB on form and merit right now
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:51pm

Dubious knowledge of geography there from a man who is supposed to fly aeroplanes around the UK for a living.

Let the FMC, AP, CDU do their magic
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 8:36am

Are you a Newcastle fan now too LOL

Agree about Rafa though Clap
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 9:52am

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 114>
  Share Topic