You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cian Hughton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cian Hughton
    Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 9:17am
Chris's son just scored for Lincoln.
Sponsored Links

PropagandhiŽ View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropagandhiŽ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 4:25pm
Cian scores a lot of goals for a defender.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 4:41pm
5 goals in 44 games. Not the worst for a young defender.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by gooner92 gooner92 wrote:

no point in making a new thread about it but looks like cian hughton will be joining him in the mls http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=244483

i'd say make a new one gooner, interesting story that, from potential non-league player to mls, and with his father's massive irish connection too, interesting story, should get some attentionThumbs Up

Edited by nvidic - 16 Jun 2011 at 12:15pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 12:18pm
Here ye go
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Here ye go

good work McG

Good story this, would love to see the lad make it out there, Sheridan and Folan too, with two of them aged only 22 it'd be great for the their potential development. Not really in a position to judge the quality of the MLS but I wouldn't dismiss players out of hand for the national team based on playing in the MLS.

hope it works out for the 3 of them.
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

no point in making a new thread about it but looks like cian hughton will be joining him in the mls http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=244483

i'd say make a new one gooner, interesting story that, from potential non-league player to mls, and with his father's massive irish connection too, interesting story, should get some attentionThumbs Up
alri sorry make a new 1 next time
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 12:40pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

alri sorry make a new 1 next time

nothign to be sorry for gooner, story wouldve been missed if you'd not stuck it upThumbs Up
Mafi Mushkila View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 9:09am
Has a lot to work on his game so this could be a good opportunity for him. 
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 6:39am
I remember him playing out of position at left back for the under-21 and he was nearly one of our better players. I hope it works out for him
Say nothing till you hear more
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 6:43am
Was that the Armenia game? Scannel was playing in front of him, but was too far forward to receive a pass, he kept pushing up to get within passing distance, and leaving space behind him. I'd blame Givens for that though, the team was set up terribly
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 6:49am
I think it was the Switzerland game
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 7:37am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Was that the Armenia game? Scannel was playing in front of him, but was too far forward to receive a pass, he kept pushing up to get within passing distance, and leaving space behind him. I'd blame Givens for that though, the team was set up terribly
yeah that was the game in Tallaght,we were shocking that night+i fully agree re Givens,we made them look world class that night
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 11:45am

Hughton definitely played at left full against Armenia, Seamus Coleman was right full. I didn't realise it was him until the second half when he was playing in front of where I was sitting. At one point he went to trap the ball and it rebounded off his left leg into touch.

We were terrible that night, the whole setup of the team, a 4-3-3 with Scannell and Judge (I think) supported Cillian Sheridan as a lone striker, was wrong, none of the three central midfield players seemed to know what they were doing and the one bright spark of the night was Conor Clifford. 

Finished 2-1 to ten men Armenia after one of their players was booked twice for dissent, and it honestly could have been more if it wasn't for Redmond in goals

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Hughton definitely played at left full against Armenia, Seamus Coleman was right full. I didn't realise it was him until the second half when he was playing in front of where I was sitting. At one point he went to trap the ball and it rebounded off his left leg into touch.

We were terrible that night, the whole setup of the team, a 4-3-3 with Scannell and Judge (I think) supported Cillian Sheridan as a lone striker, was wrong, none of the three central midfield players seemed to know what they were doing and the one bright spark of the night was Conor Clifford. 

Finished 2-1 to ten men Armenia after one of their players was booked twice for dissent, and it honestly could have been more if it wasn't for Redmond in goals

He also played left full against Switzerland in Waterford again with Coleman on the right. The game ended in a draw with a late goal from Garvan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic