You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christy Moore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Interesting that there has been three different answers given for that no bar question! I suspect PM's may be closest to the real reason but there's no doubt the other two also make sense.
I am not even sure if he uses AA, nor do I care, but his attitude 
I have seen him a couple of times and met a couple of times and he is,as FW said, a national treasure. I have no idea if his shows are still as good, but it is worth having to forego a few pints to see him. As with any folk singer, it is the passion that matters and he seems to believes what he is singing, while possibly closing the bar to dodge tax!

Any time I have seen him it’s only while he is performing that the bar is closed.  So it’s open pre and post gig.  Not sure of rules but I doubt it’s to avoid tax. 
I saw him twice in De Barra's in Clon, his nephew, who was a decent singer-songwriter himself, used to work there. You could nip out to the front bar at half-time, he gave ya ten minutes. It wasn't as regimented as made out.
I do agree with him about fellas singing along, I paid to hear him sing it!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Seen him in Naas a few weeks ago, He was in great form talking to the audience . No issue with clapping or singing along  
Getting soft in his old age 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 9:57am
Loved the gig didn't find him cranky at all and no problem running to the Jacks during Songs also found him hilarious. All round legend hard to believe he's 73 and still at it 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic