You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christy Moore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

He can ram it . His fans pay his wages so they should be able to sing along if they want. Love his music but he's a grumpy coont.

what about the fans who pay to hear him sing not some out of tune gobsh*te who has no rhythm whatsoever.  

I like the fact that he does not want tuneless fcks runing the gig for others by singing out of tune, clapping out of time and getting the lyrics wrong.  
Gonna get in before daScientist....

Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

He can ram it . His fans pay his wages so they should be able to sing along if they want. Love his music but he's a grumpy coont.

what about the fans who pay to hear him sing not some out of tune gobsh*te who has no rhythm whatsoever.  

I like the fact that he does not want tuneless fcks runing the gig for others by singing out of tune, clapping out of time and getting the lyrics wrong.  

"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Thumbs Up
AKA pedantic kunt
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

You're a bit grumpy yourself this weather Babbs!

Your right redman . Festive cheer has deserted me this year ! Don't get me wrong , anytime I have gone to see him im glad to sit there in silence and let the man play . I just think its disrespectful to his paying customers to give them an earful . He's a musician . He's not handing out loaves and fishes up there .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Dino Baggio Dino Baggio wrote:

Anyone head to any of his recent gigs?

Going on the 23rd and can't wait, has he been in good form letting the crowd sing along or has he been a bit hormonal?

Seen him down in Portlaoise last year and he was outstanding

I seen him last month there and he was in great form cracking jokes and telling stories between songs. You could see the crowd didn't know wether to sing or what but there were times when he told them to sing with him.

He did 2 hours straight with no nterval and the bar wasn't allowed to serve any drink whilst he was on
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 5:39pm
He's a self centred,selfish pr1ck.

One man doesnt drink so he closes the bar for everyone.

Over rated as well.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 12:28pm
Top man Clap my mate wrote a few songs for him a few years ago and he is still living handsomely off the royalties over here Wink,seen him play in Swifts pub in Newbridge when i was a kid,he was amazing that night and was sinking pints to bate the band!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:42pm
I'm going to see him tomorrow in Gormanston Co Meath first time seeing the man. What shall I expect no going to the bar or Toilet for duration of gigs. Anyone seen him recently any idea on his setlist these days? 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:44pm
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:46pm
Good timing LOL
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I'm going to see him tomorrow in Gormanston Co Meath first time seeing the man. What shall I expect no going to the bar or Toilet for duration of gigs. Anyone seen him recently any idea on his setlist these days? 
You pretty much have it covered there. Don’t start singing along to a song unless he encourages the audience to-learnt this the hard way
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:00pm
Crack open the tins front row.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 1:59am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

You pretty much have it covered there. Don’t start singing along to a song unless he encourages the audience to-learnt this the hard way
Have seen him 6/7 times. Each time I go away thinking that’s a better performance than the last. He picks his songs depending on the venue so hard to say the set list. Usually for the first hour he goes off himself but for the second hour takes some requests. He’s not as strict as bogball says. Sing away like he loves the audience singing in tune but the only thing I’d advise is not to clap to certain songs as he will stop them. Would be very surprised if you are disappointed. Usually his gigs are for 8 so he will be on stage at about 8:10 and will go on until 10:30
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Have seen him 6/7 times. Each time I go away thinking that’s a better performance than the last. He picks his songs depending on the venue so hard to say the set list. Usually for the first hour he goes off himself but for the second hour takes some requests. He’s not as strict as bogball says. Sing away like he loves the audience singing in tune but the only thing I’d advise is not to clap to certain songs as he will stop them. Would be very surprised if you are disappointed. Usually his gigs are for 8 so he will be on stage at about 8:10 and will go on until 10:30
why would anybody pay to see such a t**ser? You'd swear he was doing people a favour the way he carries on. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:48am
I have seen him a few times.He's one moody ****,he asks for requests but gets thick if its not one he has played in a while,no clapping ,may or may not get pissed off if people sing along,no bar .
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:51am
your a bigger clown to be go see a washed up 73 year old money hungry f**knut 
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 10:55am
Went to his show in Vicar street. Bar closed. If you went to the jacks you just had to wait until whatever he was singing was finished. No issues with clapping or singing along at all from the off. Excellent performance
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 11:03am
Seen him in Naas a few weeks ago, He was in great form talking to the audience . No issue with clapping or singing along  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic