You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christy Moore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christy Moore
    Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:04pm

Anyone head to any of his recent gigs?

Going on the 23rd and can't wait, has he been in good form letting the crowd sing along or has he been a bit hormonal?

Seen him down in Portlaoise last year and he was outstanding
gary rowell View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary rowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Dino Baggio Dino Baggio wrote:

Anyone head to any of his recent gigs?

Going on the 23rd and can't wait, has he been in good form letting the crowd sing along or has he been a bit hormonal?

Seen him down in Portlaoise last year and he was outstanding

Love a bit of Christy me top man. Clap
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:07pm
Never been to see him but does he have a moan about the crowd singing along? Shocked
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Never been to see him but does he have a moan about the crowd singing along? Shocked

Its more the clapping along to certain songs. He used to be a proper moany hole but seems to have chilled out a bit in recent years.
@AntrimMan85
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:11pm
Went to see him just before the euro's and he was in great form. Sang Joxer and was having the craic. I love his concerts.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:12pm
saw him one time in frankfurt and you couldnt leave the hall only between songs LOL grumpy feckrLOL

but he did a brilliant show , that was with donal lunny , also saw them at that festival in north london last year, top notch stuff

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Its more the clapping along to certain songs. He used to be a proper moany hole but seems to have chilled out a bit in recent years.

Ye he was fine the last time i seen him but have heard he could be liable to moan, i think he asks for the crowd to be quiet for certain songs, he's some performer, Declan Sinnott is great on the guitar too
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:14pm
saw him at the Feile down in Thurles, dont forget his brother Luca another great performer. 
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:17pm
sinnot i meant , not lunny , apologies Embarrassed
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:25pm
That's odd, you think he would love the crowd singing along
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:47pm
Seen him in London a couple of times in the last few years and going to see him in Vicar St on the 30th.

Some songs he doesn't like people making noise, some he encourages it, last time I saw him Damien Duff was there and he requested Joxer, Christy was happy to sing it and got the crowd clapping and singing along. Songs like Lisdoonvarna, Joxer, Viva La Quinta Brigada etc he's got no problem with the crowd getting into it, but quieter songs he tends to not like it.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 1:07pm
He can ram it . His fans pay his wages so they should be able to sing along if they want. Love his music but he's a grumpy coont.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 1:44pm
You're a bit grumpy yourself this weather Babbs!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 1:46pm
I'm with Christy, I wanna hear him sing, if you wanna clap during a song, go to the zoo and we'll chuck you a fish.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I'm with Christy, I wanna hear him sing, if you wanna clap during a song, go to the zoo and we'll chuck you a fish.
LOL
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 1:55pm
I agree with you FW to a point. As someone else said when he's singing some of his slower songs certainly be quiet and listen however some of his stuff gets the crowd going and in his day that's what he loved. He was a great man for interacting with the crowd one time.

Imagine one of your gigs where ya didn't get a clap or bit of foot tapping. It wouldn't be one that would last too long in the memory.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

He can ram it . His fans pay his wages so they should be able to sing along if they want. Love his music but he's a grumpy coont.

what about the fans who pay to hear him sing not some out of tune gobsh*te who has no rhythm whatsoever.  

I like the fact that he does not want tuneless fcks runing the gig for others by singing out of tune, clapping out of time and getting the lyrics wrong.  
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic