You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas Markets in Germany

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas Markets in Germany
    Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 1:20pm
For the ybig resident in Germany - how likely are the Christmas Markets to go ahead this year ? Is there a sense of a return to normality in Germany yet ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 1:36pm
CH
I've not seen anything yet about the markets here in Munich. Other large cities such as Hamburg / Berlin may have different plans.

The Oktoberfest in normal times would have started tomorrow.

You need to be vaccinated, recovered or have a negative test to enter restaurants / bars etc. Even need it now to go into the library. Still sticking to the outdoors. Public transport is getting busier and people more likely to sit beside you now. Masks are compulsory though changed from FFP2 to Medical.I think clubs are still closed.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

CH
I've not seen anything yet about the markets here in Munich. Other large cities such as Hamburg / Berlin may have different plans.

The Oktoberfest in normal times would have started tomorrow.

You need to be vaccinated, recovered or have a negative test to enter restaurants / bars etc. Even need it now to go into the library. Still sticking to the outdoors. Public transport is getting busier and people more likely to sit beside you now. Masks are compulsory though changed from FFP2 to Medical.I think clubs are still closed.

Cheers for that - went to the Christmas Market in Dusseldorf in 2019 with the wife, thinking of bringing the kids this time (not necessarily Dusseldorf). From the little bit of research I've done it seems the cities are planning and promoting the markets but with caveats that they may be cancelled at short notice. I'm still reluctant to book flights until things are a little clearer. 
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:19pm
Last year I think they were cancelled less than a month beforehand.
One thing they would have to do is regulate access like they have done at the biergartens. Pain having to queue
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:34pm
Moving this to the whatever section 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Moving this to the whatever section 
Mea Culpa
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic