You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas Markets in Germany

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas Markets in Germany
    Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 1:20pm
For the ybig resident in Germany - how likely are the Christmas Markets to go ahead this year ? Is there a sense of a return to normality in Germany yet ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 1:36pm
CH
I've not seen anything yet about the markets here in Munich. Other large cities such as Hamburg / Berlin may have different plans.

The Oktoberfest in normal times would have started tomorrow.

You need to be vaccinated, recovered or have a negative test to enter restaurants / bars etc. Even need it now to go into the library. Still sticking to the outdoors. Public transport is getting busier and people more likely to sit beside you now. Masks are compulsory though changed from FFP2 to Medical.I think clubs are still closed.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

CH
I've not seen anything yet about the markets here in Munich. Other large cities such as Hamburg / Berlin may have different plans.

The Oktoberfest in normal times would have started tomorrow.

You need to be vaccinated, recovered or have a negative test to enter restaurants / bars etc. Even need it now to go into the library. Still sticking to the outdoors. Public transport is getting busier and people more likely to sit beside you now. Masks are compulsory though changed from FFP2 to Medical.I think clubs are still closed.

Cheers for that - went to the Christmas Market in Dusseldorf in 2019 with the wife, thinking of bringing the kids this time (not necessarily Dusseldorf). From the little bit of research I've done it seems the cities are planning and promoting the markets but with caveats that they may be cancelled at short notice. I'm still reluctant to book flights until things are a little clearer. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:19pm
Last year I think they were cancelled less than a month beforehand.
One thing they would have to do is regulate access like they have done at the biergartens. Pain having to queue
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:34pm
Moving this to the whatever section 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Moving this to the whatever section 
Mea Culpa
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 3:28pm
CH

As a result of the increase in 7-day incidence, Munich have today just cancelled the large Christkindlmarkt which is held at Marienplatz. It was due to start next week. I reckon that will mean that most of not all the local ones will be cancelled as well

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 3:36pm

CH

As a result of the increase in 7-day incidence, Munich have today just cancelled the large Christkindlmarkt which is held at Marienplatz. It was due to start next week. I reckon that will mean that most of not all the local ones will be cancelled as well

Cheers for the heads up.....looks like I'll now have endure the anguish of cup final weekend at home so....
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 3:50pm
CH
I'm concerned that, with the numbers getting worse both here and at home,  that I won't be back for the final . If it involves having to isolate then that would make it a no-go

The numbers are not as bad in the north of Germany, so maybe Hamburg is a poss for you

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 4:11pm
Ah sh!te! Ouch

What about Berlin? I'm hoping to go there in a few weeks. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:07pm
CM
Numbers are also on the increase in Berlin. In German but the numbers should be clear enough

newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:19pm
And Frankfurt?  Already booked flights Ermm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:11am
N
I don't see any news yet that they have been cancelled in Frankfurt

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:10am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Ah sh!te! Ouch

What about Berlin? I'm hoping to go there in a few weeks. 

Very dangerous place Berlin, I'd be careful 
It would damage this forums' reputation
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:28pm
Anything on the cologne markets BIM? 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

GL
Not sure if the situation will change but at the moment you look ok. However numbers are climbing quickly all over Germany. Parliament mtg today and the expectation is for further restrictions to be outlined possibly from tomorrow.

Anyway (German) it says they will open only for fully vaccinated or recovered (2G). If you see 3G it means that a negative test is also sufficient. However nearly everywhere is moving to the more restrictive 2G

The latest info I could fine in English

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:58pm

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

GL
Not sure if the situation will change but at the moment you look ok. However numbers are climbing quickly all over Germany. Parliament mtg today and the expectation is for further restrictions to be outlined possibly from tomorrow.

Anyway (German) it says they will open only for fully vaccinated or recovered (2G). If you see 3G it means that a negative test is also sufficient. However nearly everywhere is moving to the more restrictive 2G

The latest info I could fine in English

Sound man, thanks for that. Keep updating here if you don't mind. 👍🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 7:33pm
So today the 18th of November they put up the Christmas Tree at work Wacko
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic