Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chris Hughton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:01am
f**king ludicrous hope they go down next year 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

f**king ludicrous hope they go down next year 
. Very harsh decision.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:07am
Won 3 games in 23 and apparently it's a bad decision. Didn't even hit 40 points.
Danger here, OH NO
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:13am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I think the style of play might be a secondary factor after the recent results. Overall Hughton has done a great job but Brighton are not easy on the eye to watch. 

Pragmatic manager. They played great football to watch in the Championship. Not really a Premier league squad there to be fair. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:18am
I was sad that I couldn’t warm to Brighton, especially with the Hughton and Duffy connection. But their boring colours, turgid style, yellow pack stadium made me look at the in the way I would Wigan, Stoke etc. As such I wouldn’t shed too many tears had they gone down.

That said. Hughton has been excellent with them, and they will start s 3rd PL season in August.

Edited by Het-field - 13 May 2019 at 10:21am
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:19am
They haven't been good in the last 4 months in fairness. Still done a really good job with them  over all. He won't be out of work for long
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:25am
yup they have been very poor and were lucky to stay up , cardiff hammered them that night they played when a win would have guaranteed that they stayed up . 

still very harsh on him though , he kept them up after all 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:31am
As has been said already, they stayed up mainly because the 3 teams below them were woeful. He did well to last this long given how brutal Brighton have been this season. Spent a lot of money in the summer, and yet they didn't progress one single bit.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:32am
They'll end up gettting someone like Pardew 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:33am
I’d be amazed if they pick up a “Merry-go-Round” manager. They’ll undoubtedly try to headhunt somebody or scout a manager that appears to be building.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

They'll end up gettting someone like Pardew 

Or Moyes.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:51am
Would he take the Celtic Job?? 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:52am
Awful season for Brighton, FA cup semi finalists and avoiding relegation? I'd have Hughton's head on a stick
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:54am
Some of the bookies already have the Swansea manager, Graham Potter, as their favourite for the Brighton job.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:07am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Would he take the Celtic Job?? 

He should be considered, but id say he'll want a premier league , championship job.  
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Bloody hell. He didn't deserve that.

What exactly did Brighton's owners expect them to do this season, finish in seventh or eighth place ? With the players and money he had available, Chris Hughton did a very respectable job.

is it possible that Brighton's owners had promised the job to someone else whilst Hughton was still manager ?

He spent £140million in two seasons.

Burnley have spent £140million in five seasons.

Hughton is a decent manager, no denying that but no one can say he didn't have a good transfer kitty available to him.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Didn't something similar happen to him at Newcastle years back? I suppose from the boards POV, the sank a load of money into the club last summer yet saw the team disimprove this year; still harsh though.

Newcastle was a whole different kettle, he was 11th at the time, that was a terrible decision especially since we got Pardew in to replace him.

I think people should probably take the green glasses off here.

While I'll agree it was slightly harsh I also think he has probably brought Brigthon as far as he could.

They went on a winless run of 9 games at the end of the season and tbh never looked like actually winning a game in that time. (In fact they only won 3 games since Christmas)

It may have been a case that the players have lost trust in him too.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Bloody hell. He didn't deserve that.

What exactly did Brighton's owners expect them to do this season, finish in seventh or eighth place ? With the players and money he had available, Chris Hughton did a very respectable job.

is it possible that Brighton's owners had promised the job to someone else whilst Hughton was still manager ?

He spent £140million in two seasons.

Burnley have spent £140million in five seasons.

Hughton is a decent manager, no denying that but no one can say he didn't have a good transfer kitty available to him.

Think he spent around £100m in two years and had the third lowest budget in the league according to their forum. Transfer committee deciding on potential purchases. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic