Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 50>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:50pm
Scored Dat and was unlucky tonight. He played decent. Dont think through the middle suits him that well though. Great option to have.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:51pm
Has a bit of an x-factor about him, reminds me a bit of Stephen Hunt.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:56pm
He did okay. Unlucky not to get another goal.  Not really a technical attacker but one of few players we have with a bit of pace which makes him a good option on some situations.

Edited by SC92 - 12 Oct 2021 at 10:57pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:58pm
Would have more joy in the wide forward positions troubling defenders with his pace. Shame the header didn’t go in for him. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:24pm
He's a bit of a Traore type in that he's quick a nightmare for defenders to play against. He was good tonight and his movement was first class. I still maintain long term he's not a starter but what an option off the bench if your ahead and looking for an outball.

We seem to have a number of these energetic or explosive players coming through Knight is this even though he isn't as big a unit Ebosele with him at Derby even Kioso on loan at MK Dons. We have lacked these type of players over the years. 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:48am
Was thinking the same about Knight. It's good to see that we have players who are explosively quick coming through, something we've been lacking for a few years.

Playing as wide forward might suit Ogbene more, but he'll be a good option to have either way.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:14am
I think the Antonio comparisons are reasonably valid, long way to go to emulate him, but he has the raw attributes. Hopefully Chiedozie can kick on and move up a level from L1 in the not too distant future. His touch isnt great and I dont think he will be trusted to start a competitive international for a while yet, but he can certainly provide a spark off the bench with his direct powerful pacey running. For me, a decent bench option for now with the potential to improve further. Good pick from Kenny tbf.
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:58am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I think the Antonio comparisons are reasonably valid, long way to go to emulate him, but he has the raw attributes. Hopefully Chiedozie can kick on and move up a level from L1 in the not too distant future. His touch isnt great and I dont think he will be trusted to start a competitive international for a while yet, but he can certainly provide a spark off the bench with his direct powerful pacey running. For me, a decent bench option for now with the potential to improve further. Good pick from Kenny tbf.

Agree with all this. The good thing is that, aside from the physical traits, he seems an intelligent and hungry lad. The scope to develop is most certainly there. 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:59am
just seems like a top lad to have about the place as well, really like him. he's still young obviously so hopefully he can kick on. Himself and Robinson seem to have a decent understanding in terms of linking up, switching positions and that. Unlucky not to get his 2nd last night. 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:38pm
Can we update the thread title so that his surname is a capital. Sorry to be that guy but come on 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:36pm
Out Ball 

some new buzzword Stern Smile
It would damage this forums' reputation
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:41pm
like the look of ogbene, raw but has bags of energy, is powerful and has pace. Looks far more effective having him in the side than either parrott or idah. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 7:51pm
Benched again tonight as he was at the weekend!
Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 6:24pm
Aiden McGeady was sent off for two fouls on Ogbene in the space of ten minutes.
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 3:16pm
From what I saw in the Quatar game he is a long way off international class. Zero composure which for me is a great indicator of whether a player can play at that level. Eg. Funnily enough jack Byrne showed it in his couple appearances but ogbene little sign of it. Rotherham fans indicate he lacks consistency across his game.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 10:10pm
Doubtful after going off injured this afternoon.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Doubtful after going off injured this afternoon.

Feck sake, hopefully Knight is next in line and not Horgan if hes not fit come Thursday.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 10:54pm
Local reporter tweeted that he's fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 50>
  Share Topic