You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 49>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 11:06pm
He might well be more effective off the bench but also sounds like a good guy to have in the squad and good for ensuring training is competitive
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 11:09pm
God he really does seem like a really, really genuinely nice chap. He was absolutely beaming after the goal today. Delighted for him Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 11:22pm
Mad to think Cork City (John Caulfield) let him go for the sake of 50 quid.
An absolute breath of fresh air. He has the perfect mix of confidence/arrogance/Humility. Legend of a fella.

Edited by scottyccfc - 09 Oct 2021 at 11:24pm
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:45am
I really didn't rate him at City. Thought his first touch wasn't up to LOI level. Incredible that 5 years later he looks very comfortable at international level. Either he has improved a helluva lot or I know even less about football than I thought!
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:48am
He is completely different to anyone else we have. Brilliant to have in the squad. His pace and power are frightening to play against 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 8:50am

I watched him.at Limerick and he has an x factor about him

Great to see him progress so much

Will win plenty of caps for ys
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 9:12am
I see a bit of Michail Antonio in him. Although starting at the bottom of the ladder a very confident character with a lot of good attributes. 
CillDara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 9:21am
Yeah he did well, as others have said offers something completely different to our other options. If he wants to be a starting player he will need to make strides at club level, but can see him being a useful impact sub. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 9:27am
Strikes me as the kind of late developer we have produced quite often over the years who doesn't reach his potential until later in his 20s but ends up playing a decent amount of top level football in his late 20s and early 30s. Looks like there is the making of a very effective player there, looking forward to seeing how he develops.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 1:33pm
He looks very strong and direct. I noticed the Azeri defenders were struggling to stop him, he was just physically powering his way past them and getting his cross in every time.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 2:06pm

Og-be-be-bene and the Jets!
Danger here, OH NO
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 2:34pm
LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 3:09pm
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:18pm
Hard to get excited by him tbh. Hope to be proven wrong. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Thought he worked hard, made some good runs and closed down players really well. I dont think he's got the technical ability to improve the first team but good to have as a bench option

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:28pm
He's exactly the type of out ball we'll need next month 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:36pm
Offers way more than Daryl Horgan anyway. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Sounds like our own Jayden Sancho

he's a great tryer who make defenders work, a danger to opposition we need more like him
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 49>
  Share Topic