You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheltenham Festival 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:08pm
Hopefully nothing found and all precautionary, I'm sure Cheltenham will be grand despite some scaremongering.

Surprised there hasn't been any precautions taken over here yet, there were a few Irish runners in Sandown the weekend.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:31pm
All precautionary measures to stop anything spreading. You'd imagine if there was a danger of spreading then the Irish racing would be off too.

I reckon Cheltenham will be fine anyway....more so I hope it will be fine because I don't think my travel insurance covers reimbursement based on Equine Flu.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 11:50pm
For now, I don't see any risk with the festival. It's only Don McCain's yard that has a confirmed case. The next 24 hours will say a lot from what I've seen, but I'd be shocked if the festival was called off.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 2:41pm
3 more Donald McCain horses test positive
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 4:27pm
2/1 with PP for Cheltenham NOT to go ahead on March 12th, 1/4 the other side
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:13pm
First lot of samples have come back, no positive tests. Obviously still a possibility there are infected horses still out there, there are still more results to come, but I'd say everything is fine.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

First lot of samples have come back, no positive tests. Obviously still a possibility there are infected horses still out there, there are still more results to come, but I'd say everything is fine.

Same strain as the one that shut down racing in Australia for 6 months 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 Feb 2019 at 11:18pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:21pm
The Australians hadn't vaccinated their horses from what I read though, which they would have been in the UK
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 12:56am
And the one that shut down Australian racing affected over 10,000 horses..... Not 6.

It was also in 2007. One would think there is a far better system in place these days for handling of such a thing. 

Contrary to the scaremongering Sky News were peddling on their app this afternoon it would appear all is under control and things will be back in business sooner rather than later. 

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 1:14am
Top trainers coming out complaining about the BHAs decision will bring this to an end fair quick.

Would be surprised if they aren’t back racing on Thursday
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:54am
The money hungry f**kers would come out and complain. Fair play for the BHA for having these controls in place. I can only imagine the pandemonium in Ireland if it was over here.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:17pm
4 more positive samples returned in Newmarket

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:03pm
2 stables in Ireland on lockdown, not releasing the names of who but presume one is Elliott who had runners in Ayr with Donald McCain last week.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:11pm
thats that f**ked so 
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:26pm
i think the article is more about how they kept it quiet and locked the yards down, but the flu has now cleared from one and they're back racing, think the Irish vet is talking more about their approach than the BHA's one, these aren't new cases

Edited by Dino Baggio - 11 Feb 2019 at 12:28pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

2 stables in Ireland on lockdown, not releasing the names of who but presume one is Elliott who had runners in Ayr with Donald McCain last week.
Elliotts stable not affected as the horses he had sent over to tan land were left there in quarantine as a precaution,  the 2 stables in question have acted quickly and the horses involved have not been to the races so they are hoping it has been contained quickly
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:46pm
Could they not just vaccinate all horses in every yard now? I realize this would be costly, but the lost revenue of no Cheltenham/aintree/punchestown would be worse.
I'm no vet, but the symptoms are a runny nose and a cough. Would vaccinations not clear it all up in a week or so?

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:54pm
I think I read that Crisford's horses had already been vaccinated but still got it, could be wrong though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic