Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chelsea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 131>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:35pm
How longs Kante gonna be out for?
Some shocking defending there tonight
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 6:32am
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Absolutely battered tonight, embarrassing performance.

Lack of depth in the squad is really beginning to show

How many players do Chelsea have out on loan? I'd say more than 2 teams.
They have one of the biggest wage bill in world football so that shouldn't be an excuse.
They spend over £150m last year on 4/5 new players.

Something going on behind the scenes there. Conte probably won't last the season.

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

They have one of the biggest wage bill in world football so that shouldn't be an excuse.

Something going on behind the scenes there. Conte probably won't last the season.

A quick look on Wikipedia and I counted 35 players.

The problem with the spending is that it's not being spent on the right areas. For example, it's obvious that If Atletico didn't come in for Costa, the move for Morata would never have happened, despite the fa t it was clear Costa had no more interest in playing for Chelsea. Also the wing back areas weren't strengthened; after Alonso at LWB, there is Kenedy and Abdul Baba Rahman. At RWB, there is Moses and Zappacosta. Last night, Azpilicueta played at RWB, with Zappacosta on the bench. Why spend millions on a player if you're not going to play him and play someone else out of position in that position? The midfield situation is a disaster altogether; Bakayoko wasn't even fit for the first day of the season, which makes Conte's frustration at the sales of Matic and Chalobah all the more understandable. Willian and Fabregas have been brutal so far as well. The two main problems at Chelsea are mentality problems amongst the players, and an incompetent board.

If he isn't to see the season out, I can see Conte walking before he is pushed, before Guus Hiddink returns once again to try and save the sinking ship
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How longs Kante gonna be out for?
Some shocking defending there tonight

Kante was back in training earlier this week and should be fit for United (I hope)

The midfield falls to pieces when he isn't there
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:56pm

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

A quick look on Wikipedia and I counted 35 players.

The problem with the spending is that it's not being spent on the right areas. For example, it's obvious that If Atletico didn't come in for Costa, the move for Morata would never have happened, despite the fa t it was clear Costa had no more interest in playing for Chelsea. Also the wing back areas weren't strengthened; after Alonso at LWB, there is Kenedy and Abdul Baba Rahman. At RWB, there is Moses and Zappacosta. Last night, Azpilicueta played at RWB, with Zappacosta on the bench. Why spend millions on a player if you're not going to play him and play someone else out of position in that position? The midfield situation is a disaster altogether; Bakayoko wasn't even fit for the first day of the season, which makes Conte's frustration at the sales of Matic and Chalobah all the more understandable. Willian and Fabregas have been brutal so far as well. The two main problems at Chelsea are mentality problems amongst the players, and an incompetent board.

If he isn't to see the season out, I can see Conte walking before he is pushed, before Guus Hiddink returns once again to try and save the sinking ship

Disagree there, he has been one of Chelsea's better players this season. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Really? I haven't watched Chelsea extensively this season but any time I have seen them he has been woeful. I've heard there's a large enough contingent of the fan base even looking for Drinkwater to be played ahead of him which says it all. Fabregas only seems to perform every second season for Chelsea.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Really? I haven't watched Chelsea extensively this season but any time I have seen them he has been woeful. I've heard there's a large enough contingent of the fan base even looking for Drinkwater to be played ahead of him which says it all. Fabregas only seems to perform every second season for Chelsea.

Cesc and Danny Drinkwater are two completely different players first of all.

Also, Drinkwater is a decent player but the masses on here when talking about 99% of English players think they're sh*te Confused

The likes of Courtois, Cahill, Moses etc have all been largely ineffective and poor.

Cesc like practically all his teammates haven't exactly set the world alight but from having watched Chelsea very regularly this season he is by no means anywhere near the worst and his stats back that up too. 

Kante and Azpi have been Chelsea top performers as per. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 5:26pm
Drinkwater is a decent player alright but also fairly limited and clearly not in the same class as Fabregas. That's why I thought it said it said a lot that fans were looking for him to be selected ahead of him. And yes they are both different players but they are also both central midfielders at the end of the day.
Anyway if you have watched Chelsea regularly this season then you are better placed to judge than I am. I'm surprised to hear he's been good though because he's been one of Chelsea's worst performers on the occasions I've watched them this season.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:58am
Ross Barkley being linked with a move to Chelsea.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:28am
Further delays mean Chelsea will not move into the redeveloped Stamford Bridge until 2024 at the earliest.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 9:40am
West Ham match on sky one today.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 3:40pm
That's the title hopes gone anyway, baffling thay the title has been lost because of defeats to Burnley, Crystal Palace, and West Ham (the defeat to City is understandable). Between today, and the draw against Atletico meaning a possible tie against Barca or PSG, that's two major trophies pretty much out of Chelsea's reach this season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 8:52pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:34pm
Some miss by Morata
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:35pm
Courtois has made 2 brilliant saves.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:43pm
Don’t know how this is still scoreless.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:49pm
Good game, could be 2-2 at least.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:55pm
Two fantastic goal keeping performances so far
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 131>
  Share Topic