You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheapest Car Insurance For First Time Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheapest Car Insurance For First Time Drivers
    Posted: 26 May 2010 at 5:36pm
Anybody know which companies offer the best rates for a first time, male 22 year old driver like myself....... Will be applying for my provisional soon and hoping to learn how to drive this summer
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 5:42pm
quinn was the best for me but shop around and ring aaran brokers they arent bad recently got new insurance and quinn was the chepeast followed by this aaran place and then no nonsense.ie

i would be expecting to pay near €3000 though, I was 22 when i first started and my first insurance was €5000 but that was 6 years ago and insurance prices have come down since then
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 5:44pm

this will be your one when she answers the phone to u zizu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVPJTUnMnwQ

Edited by Gaz - 26 May 2010 at 5:45pm
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:06pm
Have to sort out my provisional first..... been putting off learning to drive for years, cause i make fook all and its gonna be expensive.... but its kinda necessity that i learn this summer.................... Just wondering aswell, how long did it take folks on here to go from learner driver to full licenced?
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:08pm
Get your provisonal sorted before it moves up to 80 questions zizu
Out of order
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Have to sort out my provisional first..... been putting off learning to drive for years, cause i make fook all and its gonna be expensive.... but its kinda necessity that i learn this summer.................... Just wondering aswell, how long did it take folks on here to go from learner driver to full licenced?

3 lessons when I was 18 .
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:09pm
once your driving about a year you should be good enough to sit your test
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

Whens that happening man? Gonna try sort it in the next 3 weeks or so?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

once your driving about a year you should be good enough to sit your test

Setting myself the ambitious target of being ready to sit the test around the turn of the year...... Not sure wheather to get insured on my aul lads car or buy a banger myself?
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

Whens that happening man? Gonna try sort it in the next 3 weeks or so?
Yea you should be sorted
Dont think its coming in until late Augest
Out of order
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:38pm
get your own car with your own policy so then you can drive it when you want, bit ambitious to have a full licence by the end of the year sure it takes ages to get your test think i was waiting about 9 months so if you get a car drive it for bout three months then apply for the test
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:42pm
axa & quinn are the cheapest for jungfellas , and unfortunately your license only makes a small difference at this stage , all bout age and no claims bonus , full  lic is only about 10-20% discount.
Why no wine??!
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 3:38am

get your own car with your own policy so then you can drive it when you want, bit ambitious to have a full licence by the end of the year sure it takes ages to get your test think i was waiting about 9 months so if you get a car drive it for bout three months then apply for the test

It depends on the test centre now. Im having lessons in Galway and its about an 8 week wait for a test which Im putting in for shortly. You should be able to check out the rough waiting time on the RSA website I think.

Edited by Babysis - 27 May 2010 at 3:39am
First Commander-Galway Regatta
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Babysis Babysis wrote:

It depends on the test centre now. Im having lessons in Galway and its about an 8 week wait for a test which Im putting in for shortly. You should be able to check out the rough waiting time on the RSA website I think.

ShockedShockedShockedShocked

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 3:48am
5k Gav? Jaysis thats some loot.

Remember my first policy was 2k as a named driver. Scraped my auld ones car the first day i got insured LOL

Thankfully down to a cool 600 fully comp.

Remember Zizu, if you get a car, you will never have money!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Babysis Babysis wrote:

ShockedShockedShockedShocked

I have to agree Sligo hornet, I have seen a good few shocking drivers and many have been women. But given I won't get a car till I have my licence and I have only ever had lessons with fully qualified instructors, both of whom I would strongly recommend (one is in Kildare and one is on Galway) I think I will be ok WinkSmile

Edited by Babysis - 27 May 2010 at 4:19am
First Commander-Galway Regatta
samdriscoll88 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samdriscoll88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:39am
hello zizu,
Car Hire Insurance provides an insurance on very less amount.

3.99 Worldwide daily cover
2.99 Europe daily cover
Even you can get annual cover on just 49.99
samdriscoll88 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samdriscoll88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:45am
drive trail for a year is best option but don't you think that why one should make a trail for an year, car hire insurance can be the best option if someone is in need, they should go for the same.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic