You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chat GPI AI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chat GPI AI
    Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 2:24am
https://chat.openai.com/chat

Fantastic - not long now till Skynet take over 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 9:02am
Yeah it's great stuff. Will be interesting to see who comes up with the best way to use it
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 9:12am
Haven't used it but seems to be a bit of fear in my industry that it would replace jobs.

From reading about it though it's supposedly just going to be a useful tool for us that will bypass the monotonous tasks and coding and give us more time to focus on the difficult issues.

Maybe the people in the industry who can only do these monotonous easy tasks are the ones that are worriedLOL.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 5:15pm
I'll be using it to fix up an email for grammar and rewriting it If I'm been lazy. 

My partner has to write papers for publication, we tested asking it to make paragraphs flow better and read more easily and it did. So that's very handy for her.

It's a useful tool. But it will be a nightmare for teachers. I know if I was student I'd be all over it. 

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Haven't used it but seems to be a bit of fear in my industry that it would replace jobs.

From reading about it though it's supposedly just going to be a useful tool for us that will bypass the monotonous tasks and coding and give us more time to focus on the difficult issues.

Maybe the people in the industry who can only do these monotonous easy tasks are the ones that are worriedLOL.

what industry is that? 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 6:14pm

There's not a hope of it replacing software developers. Ever.

Go ahead and ask it to architect and develop an event-driven system capable of serving 100,000 concurrent users.

It may end up being a useful tool for developers though in terms of having some bits of code written for you etc.

Edited by SeaSharp - 17 Jan 2023 at 6:14pm
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

what industry is that? 

Software Development
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 3:11am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 8:19am
Denis Irwin will destroy us all!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Denis Irwin will destroy us all!

Cool
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 10:44am
The AI Chats seem to be getting worse instead of better haha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic