Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League Final - Liverpool v Tottenham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 6:31pm
The favourites tag will be with Liverpool. 6 losses over this entire season, one in the league, against a team who might wrap up a domestic treble over the next ten days. Spurs have lost 17 over the course of the season. Essentially, over the course of the season Spurs have been much more beatable in the league and could finish over 20 points behind Liverpool and pip Arsenal on goal difference to 4th place.

But that won’t count for much on a once off game. It’s
Anybody’s to win.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Probably stick 100-200 on spurs to lift the cup. Bit of compensation if spurs win but money I would be ok to part with to see Liverpool lift the cup 

Going to do the exact same with Liverpool.  LOL 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

50% of ticket holders won't be supporters. That's fairly crap. It'll have a dead atmosphere.
Ah you know how it is, they'll find their way to fans via competitions, favours, people who know people etc
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:35pm
Could be wrong but I think Liverpool lost 14 games in the 04/05 season only 3 less that Spurs this season. Finals are finals, the performance means nothing - just win it
Some people just deserve a slap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Could be wrong but I think Liverpool lost 14 games in the 04/05 season only 3 less that Spurs this season. Finals are finals, the performance means nothing - just win it

Yep. Seen elsewhere that Villa lost 15 league games when they won it in '82 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Yep. Seen elsewhere that Villa lost 15 league games when they won it in '82 

Liverpool in season 80/81 were almost as bad in the league, 17 draws and 8 losses led to a 5th placed finish.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Probably stick 100-200 on spurs to lift the cup. Bit of compensation if spurs win but money I would be ok to part with to see Liverpool lift the cup 

Going to do the exact same with Liverpool.  LOL 

I stuck €10 ew on Tottenham at 25/1 before Man City game so I have a few bob already up. Just couldn't put a bet on the Pool in final. In fairness you have better odds on Tottenham anyhow.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:42pm
Not a very exciting final unless you're a fan of either team
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Not exciting because we get to see them play each otehr regularly, but they're two good teams.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:20pm

Two of the greatest comebacks in European history !!!

You’re hard to please.

Explain.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 12:38am
There’s more than 2 countries in Europe Bob!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:47am
Anyone heading over to this? Got Flights for about 160 all in, Shannon - Ibiza - Madrid on the way over for 60 and Madrid - Faro - Shannon for €120 back. Accom is absolutely impossible to get though. Heading over without a ticket aswell.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Anyone heading over to this? Got Flights for about 160 all in, Shannon - Ibiza - Madrid on the way over for 60 and Madrid - Faro - Shannon for €120 back. Accom is absolutely impossible to get though. Heading over without a ticket aswell.
m

Have you those flight details please??
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:03pm
All Ryanair, Wednesday to Monday.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

You’re hard to please.

Explain.

Familiarity of the teams. Other than Bayern and Dortmund, same country finalists usually disappoint. And not having Ajax in it just seems have taken the gloss off it. 

I hope I'm wrong 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:38pm

You’re hard to please.

Explain.

Familiarity of the teams. Other than Bayern and Dortmund, same country finalists usually disappoint. And not having Ajax in it just seems have taken the gloss off it. 

I hope I'm wrong 
The lack of competition in the Champions League has to be affecting it a little bit. I have no idea of the viewing figures for it, but they must be way down for the group stages at least ?Ajax offered a little bit of unpredictability, the way Leicester did for the EPL a few years ago, but it is all very staid. People are acting like Spurs getting to the final is a miracle!

For a competition for the 'champions'(Embarrassed) of 54 of UEFA's 55 members, it is a bit boring that the only conceivable winners in the future are 10-12 clubs from the same 5 leagues. The 4 EPL teams(from 6 realistic qualifiers) , Barcelona and Real(Atletico at a push), PSG, Juventus and Bayern Munich. 

What odds would you get on a winner outside that group in the next five years? Football fans used to laugh at the European rugby competitions, but they are very similar in terms of competitiveness now.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You’re hard to please.

Explain.

I hope I'm wrong 
The lack of competition in the Champions League has to be affecting it a little bit. I have no idea of the viewing figures for it, but they must be way down for the group stages at least ?Ajax offered a little bit of unpredictability, the way Leicester did for the EPL a few years ago, but it is all very staid. People are acting like Spurs getting to the final is a miracle!

For a competition for the 'champions'(Embarrassed) of 54 of UEFA's 55 members, it is a bit boring that the only conceivable winners in the future are 10-12 clubs from the same 5 leagues. The 4 EPL teams(from 6 realistic qualifiers) , Barcelona and Real(Atletico at a push), PSG, Juventus and Bayern Munich. 

What odds would you get on a winner outside that group in the next five years? Football fans used to laugh at the European rugby competitions, but they are very similar in terms of competitiveness now.

Isn't that like any sporting competition tough?

I'd imagine competitive balance is falling in all leagues (football) and across sports.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Yes

Basing myself in Valencia - arriving the afternoon of the match and heading back on a train the next morning

Thursday: Dublin-Paris €54
Friday: Paris - Valencia €44
Saturday: Valencia-Madrid train €39
Sunday: Madrid - Valencia train €51
Monday: Valencia - Barcelona train €36
Monday: Girona - Cork €29

Valencia - Madrid train takes 1 hour and 50 minutes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic